Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2014, 06:40 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times

Advertisements

So the total effect of ACA so far is

5 million lose insurance
6.3 million join medicaid
72% of the 3.3 million are being subsidized which is 2.376 million individuals

Total joined not subisidized.. Less than 1 million
Total joined subsidized in one manner or another 8.676 million.

Yeah, nothing can go wrong with these numbers.. haha

Total effect on the national debt, is supposed to be a surplus of $1T, while premiums fall an average of $2500 per family. BULL ****
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2014, 06:45 AM

46,281 posts, read 27,099,738 times
No wonder people have such hard time following numbers...if you are unable to follow 19 posts....here, I'll break it down kindergarten easy for you.

#1 it was stated that:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Down 6 million
up 3.3 million, with most of them on medicaid..

Only an idiot would call that a success.
#2 you said:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
Way to go...lets all jump back to 2007 for debate info.
#3 I stated (prove #1 above wrong):
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee
Then prove those numbers wrong, you have not done that, now have you....you want us to take your word...lol...

ETA....

Here are numbers from May 2013.....

Where are we wrong?

http://www.cbo.gov/sites/default/fil...Coverage_2.pdf
Are you able to follow which number now?

Quote:
it would be nice to be on the same page as you to understand what you are claiming[or meaning...or saying].

What numbers would you like me to consider?

Old 02-13-2014, 06:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
No wonder people have such hard time following numbers...if you are unable to follow 19 posts....here, I'll break it down kindergarten easy for you.

#1 it was stated that:

#2 you said:

#3 I stated (prove #1 above wrong):

Are you able to follow which number now?
I posted the numbers right above your posting, straight from the HHS report..

Old 02-13-2014, 06:56 AM

21,136 posts, read 19,714,475 times
Quote:
Didn't the Adminstration claim there were 14 or so million Americans without Healthcare insurance? What does 45 million mean? You're not confusing 47 million with 47% are you?
You've got your percentages and millions crosswired.

http://www.census.gov/newsroom/relea.../cb13-165.html

Old 02-13-2014, 06:59 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,507,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
It seems so. The numbers are adding up..

Obamacare enrollment is up again | MSNBC
Did you expect enrollment to go down ? That's like applauding the number of dead people going up, not down.

CBO has already revised the estimated enrollment by 4/1 Down by 15%, from 7 million to 6 million.

Sebelius doesn't know how many Enrolled have paid premiums, nor how many previously had insurance that was cancelled by Ocare mandates.

The young/old ratio is still bad.

I give you and other Ocare lovers credit for putting Churchill's quote about 'success' into action --- "Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm."

Old 02-13-2014, 06:59 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,555,443 times
Quote:
It seems so. The numbers are adding up..

Obamacare enrollment is up again | MSNBC

And yet Obamacare cannot tell us:

How many of these "enrolled" have even made a payment yet.

The demographics of these "enrollees", you know, things like age group and general health. How many have their payments made by the government itself and where these numbers are actually coming from.

Also, how many of these "enrollees" did enroll to avoid being punished by their loving and caring government.

If I were you Bob, I would think twice (at least) about celebrating this fraud.

Old 02-13-2014, 07:02 AM

5,064 posts, read 5,729,580 times
Quote:
The numbers didn't come from MSNBC.
No, they came from even bigger liars, the Obama admin.

The same people who are claiming 6 million new people on Medicaid after they've been called out on that lie.

Many of the new "enrollees" haven't even paid.

But if the lies make you feel warm and fuzzy, please carry on.

Old 02-13-2014, 07:03 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,555,443 times
Quote:
None of the 3.3 million are in Medicaid... I suppose some will be kicking and screaming all the way into seeing their HC provider.. Oh well.
Proof of your claim? Even the administration admits a vast increase in Medicare.

Don't forget, this administration will claim as a victory anything that they can lie about to fool the citizens.

Old 02-13-2014, 07:04 AM

1,149 posts, read 1,591,523 times
Apparently January enrollments are down. I personally don't know too many people who have purchases insurance. It doesn't make much sense. If you couldn't afford insurance before, how does this change anything? Subsidies are nice, but they come at tax time. Many live paycheck to paycheck and that doesn't help them. The first year without insurance is a $90 fee as opposed to thousands din premiums. It's sort of a no-brainer that people aren't rushing to sign up.

Also, the expansion of Medicare/Medicaid (I forget which, I get them mixed up) hasn't been fully implemented yet. In Michigan it won't hapoen til April or May.

Old 02-13-2014, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjay51 View Post
Proof of your claim? Even the administration admits a vast increase in Medicare.

Don't forget, this administration will claim as a victory anything that they can lie about to fool the citizens.
he is correct, the 3.3 million arent the ones on medicaid per the HHS report. Its actually 6.3M new enrollees on medicaid, in addition to the 3.3 million being discussed.

That being said, a ton of the 3.3 million are indeed subsidized..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies