Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2014, 08:26 AM

1,515 posts, read 1,225,222 times

Advertisements

Cop cleared of wrongdoing after shooting kittens in front of screaming kids ? RT USA

An Ohio policeman shot to death a litter of kittens on Wednesday, telling a group of screaming children that the animals would be going to “kitty heaven”. But instead of firing the officer, the local police department cleared him of any wrongdoing.

These brave POS thugs aren't content with just shooting crippled people or restrained pets. I just wonder how long Americans will just sit back while cops trample on Constitutional rights on a daily basis.

Last edited by SpencerMtn; 02-13-2014 at 08:43 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2014, 08:41 AM

14,917 posts, read 13,099,924 times
Spay and neuter your pets.

Old 02-13-2014, 08:46 AM

1,515 posts, read 1,225,222 times
No argument from me on your comment, but to shoot animals in front of little children, unless they're being attacked, is stupid and insensitive!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
Spay and neuter your pets.

Old 02-13-2014, 09:30 AM

9,127 posts, read 7,942,406 times
Forget about this freaking job...How can anyone argue this complete idiot shouldn't lose his right to bear arms forever?

This is the exact correct example of the claim that the community's saftey over the "right of one" is justified.

Old 02-13-2014, 09:40 AM

6,500 posts, read 6,036,001 times
Is there more to this story? If not, just more evidence how public employees funded by all of us, are allowed to get away with so much. So often you hear stories of someone in the public sector getting away with something most people would and should be fire for.

Old 02-13-2014, 09:45 AM

7,725 posts, read 12,620,471 times
If you wouldn't fight for the right for unborn children to live, you have nothing to complain about when people shoot and kill dogs and cats at random.

Old 02-13-2014, 09:52 AM

9,127 posts, read 7,942,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
If you wouldn't fight for the right for unborn children to live, you have nothing to complain about when people shoot and kill dogs and cats at random.
I'm not calling into question the death of kitties...im calling to question the mental stability and logical reasoning of a person shooting small animals with a firearm. Animals are euthanized everyday in this country

If you want to equate a woman's decision for having a legal medical procedure with shooting a bunch of cats in a wood pile with a powerful weapon...that's on you.

Old 02-13-2014, 10:00 AM

19,626 posts, read 12,222,208 times
This incident is pretty bad, but in places I have lived there was no animal control department and police did not want to be bothered with nuisance animal complaints. If the animal was attacking they would take the animal down and test it for rabies, but a litter of feral cats, you are on your own in dealing with that.

I think police don't want to be bothered with this, so people have to understand if you call them about an animal something bad might happen. If you care about the cats, there are groups all over that will help, but you don't call the police. I had a kitten living under my shed, it looked domestic and was alone, the closest animal shelter would not accept because of a jurisdiction issue. Fortunately I met someone who would take the kitten. Otherwise I would have had to pay an out of town shelter to take it, which I would have done. But, NO police if you care about the welfare of strays or ferals.

Old 02-13-2014, 10:01 AM

6,500 posts, read 6,036,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
Sad but true.

Old 02-13-2014, 10:03 AM

712 posts, read 1,366,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpencerMtn View Post
These brave POS thugs aren't content with just shooting crippled people or restrained pets.
Tax payers pay for those bullets, its a waste of bullets and all of us here at City-Data agree on that.

Kittens are growing at an alarming rate and they cost consumers millions each year in aiding their well being.

If you want to be concerned about animals, then put down your cheese burger and dont eat fish anymore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies