Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2014, 09:44 AM

6,262 posts, read 5,069,270 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
I hate to think of the outcome had Palin ever had to go head to head against Putin.
She was running against Biden at the time, and I don't see Biden holding his own with Putin either.

I don't understand all the recent Palin posts.

Palin, although she stepped in it up to her neck in 08 and was completely unprepared for the position she was running for, has been treated unbelievably horrible in the media. Some would say that she's brought it all on herself, but the free-for-all by the media (who personally and professionally trashed her, and personally trashed her entire family - including the kids) is unconscionable.

There is no liberal female politician who would ever be so consistantly maligned. The outcry would be deafening. Also - liberals who claim concern and care for the rights of women, and the so-called "womens' groups" (who sold out decades ago) never once called people/politicians/media out for the very ugly personal attacks on both Palin and her family.

It doesn't matter what an idiot she sounded like in 08 and beyond. Nobody deserves to be treated like crap. And that's the way she's been treated.

Old 02-13-2014, 09:46 AM

1,866 posts, read 2,850,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Britt Reid View Post
That is absolutely not true. Palin saved McCain from a blowout. It was McCain who decided to suspend his campaign to go to Washington and suspend the first presidential debate in order to pass the TARP bailout. Palin objected to this move but she was overruled by inexperienced campaign manager Steve Schmidt who thought it was best for McCain to make that move. Obama took that blunder and with the media's help labeled McCain as a Washington insider who was part of the problem. It worked. His slide began after that. Palin actually had boosted McCain's lagging poll numbers and pulled him ahead of Obama's ticket for a while but once the media saw her impeccable executive record compared to Obama's zero executive experience governing nothing, they went into overdrive distorting everything about her and her family but never reporting on her accomplishments as a policy maker. That is fact.
I wish I could agree, but I just can't. She is an airhead. That's not an impression the media can create; its all on her.

Old 02-13-2014, 09:48 AM

878 posts, read 737,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grsz11 View Post
"Massive huge budget numbers." I'm sold. Her just existing alongside that budget is plenty. Obama has presided over billions in budgets, as has Clinton, so what is your point exactly? And this isn't about any candidates. Neither are candidates. This is about you trying to make a point and my wanting you to support that point with factual evidence.
And Obama has yet to balance a budget. He hasn't shown fiscal responsibility like Palin did dealing with multi-billions of dollars and dealing with earmarks cutting wasteful pork. What has Hillary done compared to that?

Old 02-13-2014, 09:49 AM

3,555 posts, read 4,095,439 times
Quote:
And Obama has yet to balance a budget. He hasn't shown fiscal responsibility like Palin did dealing with multi-billions of dollars and dealing with earmarks cutting wasteful pork. What has Hillary done compared to that?
The President doesn't make the budget. Wasteful spending like that bridge to nowhere huh? The one she supported before she didn't then kept the money anyways.

Old 02-13-2014, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by css9450 View Post
I wish I could agree, but I just can't.
What about her executive record? What did you think of her policy making and was there anything about her fiscal reforms you didn't agree with or her bipartisanship working with legislators? Give me some insight.

Old 02-13-2014, 09:57 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,172,734 times
Todd thinks his wife would beat Hillary?

Dude must eat a lot of Doritos.

Old 02-13-2014, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grsz11 View Post
Wasteful spending like that bridge to nowhere huh.
She stopped the "Bridge to Nowhere" and wanted to redirect the federal funds to Minnesota after the bridge collapse in 2007. In an email to her staff uncovered by CNN when they went through her 24,000 emails, it stated this:

[W]e MUST come out with a strong position against AK ‘ s perceived " Bridge to Nowhere" so we quit looking clueless and selfish across the nation and can clear up the perception that the Gravina project is the state ‘ s priority . The $350m bridge is not our priority.

The nation needs to be spending $ on fixing what we have – Minnesota needs " bridge money" today more than we need a few Alaskans to perpetuate the nonsensical notion that our Gravina earmark is more important than fixing aged infrastructure. We would gain so much if we get that message out there – that the nation can pull, and work , together and make wise decisions on federal priorities … we should see that earmark redirected to Minnesota ‘ s tragedy be the Gravina bridge isn’t going to happen on our watch anyway.]

Old 02-13-2014, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Todd thinks his wife would beat Hillary?
Well tell me the good things Hillary has done at policy making that would make her a good president? Be specific of her governing skills and dealing with fiscal reforms cutting wasteful pork. Again............be specific in details.

Old 02-13-2014, 10:06 AM

6,454 posts, read 7,009,771 times
I personally think that Hillary's hype has started too early...in a few years, the excitement will die down ten fold.

The left will have to hope for uncle "foot-in-mouth" Joe Biden or possibly Roseanne Barr to pick up the nomination.

Old 02-13-2014, 10:12 AM

3,555 posts, read 4,095,439 times
Quote:
Well tell me the good things Hillary has done at policy making that would make her a good president? Be specific of her governing skills and dealing with fiscal reforms cutting wasteful pork. Again............be specific in details.
Why should anybody else be specific when you have not? It was your claim that she has experiences, but you haven't supported that other than saying she oversaw a "massive huge budget". You have a fundamental flaw in your perception of what a governor does vs the president. Sure a governors primary responsibility is the budget but the president has much more to deal with. While I may agree Palin would work to cut the budget (though she took the bridge money anyways and only opposed it when it wasn't going to happen Fact Check: Palin and the Bridge to Nowhere | Fox News. She also hired a lobbyist to get millions in pork for Wasilla. ), her other characteristics are enough for many people to think she is far from presidential. While Hillary was traveling the world meeting with world leaders and negotiating agreements, Palin was filming a reality television show.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies