Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2014, 05:58 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,299,216 times

Advertisements

"An old man reflects on his life. He was born in a communist country but had the good fortune to immigrate legally to the United States where he worked tirelessly, rising up from penniless immigrant to successful businessman. He could have spent his riches during his lifetime but chose, instead, to save and pass them on to future generations both within and outside of his family. He should not be penalized for such thrift. Yet, there are those who want to appropriate our wealth and property and disperse it as they see fit. They look down on our work ethic, success, wealth, and generosity. They view our resulting enrichment as rightfully belonging to others. Their mantras are income inequality, economic justice and class warfare. We are the 1%, the 99% want to "eat."
And they call me hater."

Please read more: Articles: They Call Me Hater

Now you know what's wrong. Share this article with everyone you know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2014, 06:23 AM

4,272 posts, read 3,786,701 times
What's wrong with America?

Bitter old liberals and conservatives.

Old 02-14-2014, 06:27 AM

1,970 posts, read 1,761,129 times
What's wrong with America is the fact that no one seems to even know what the constitution says, and most certainly don't even care. Most people want what they can get for free and aren't willing to work for anything. I could go on and on but I am sure that you get my drift.

Old 02-14-2014, 06:59 AM

15,629 posts, read 10,383,806 times
I think the biggest problem is our government keeps making it unprofitable to work. A person has to make about $69k before taxes in the real world to equate the welfare and all the freebies given when on the dole. If being on the dole (or receiving food stamps) has no stigma, and if you can live comfortably on said benefits, then there is no incentive to find a job to support yourself. These welfare recipients vote and when those voters outnumber the producers, well......

"In Entitlement America, The Head Of A Household Of Four Making Minimum Wage Has More Disposable Income Than A Family Making $60,000 A Year."

You can now enjoy more disposable income while on welfare than if you work all year for $69,000.00.

Last edited by texan2yankee; 02-14-2014 at 07:21 AM.. Reason: Add articles

Old 02-14-2014, 07:43 AM

13,946 posts, read 5,619,580 times
The biggest problem with America?

Too many people enjoying too much prior success none of them had anything to do with and doing so with an entrenched sense of entitlement.

Old 02-14-2014, 08:51 AM

1,035 posts, read 1,397,074 times
the biggest problem, GREED. I have no problem with someone having lots of money, I do have a problem when people with lots of the money, (the 1%), are able to set public policy, exploit the working class, and basically run the country because of their wealth, which is exactly what we have now. CEO's making millions while Americans are put out of work because jobs go to third world countries, oil prices at an all time high along with oil supplies, (please don't feed me the supply & demand BS), rising cost of healthcare, just about everyone in congress is at least a millionaire, wages not keeping up with the cost of living, economic policies and tax laws passed to favor the 1%, These are just some examples. IMO America will only get worse unless there is a massive civil uprising and ALL the politicians are forcefully removed from office & then we start over, but there's just not enough people to go along with it because they either don't have the balls or are too ignorant to know what is really going on. I know far too many people struggling, people that work for an honest living. Child poverty is on the rise. I could go on, but I think I've made my point

Old 02-14-2014, 08:55 AM

5,349 posts, read 5,126,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by supertrucker212 View Post
the biggest problem, GREED. I have no problem with someone having lots of money, I do have a problem when people with lots of the money, (the 1%), are able to set public policy, exploit the working class, and basically run the country because of their wealth, which is exactly what we have now. CEO's making millions while Americans are put out of work because jobs go to third world countries, oil prices at an all time high along with oil supplies, (please don't feed me the supply & demand BS), rising cost of healthcare, just about everyone in congress is at least a millionaire, wages not keeping up with the cost of living, economic policies and tax laws passed to favor the 1%, These are just some examples. IMO America will only get worse unless there is a massive civil uprising and ALL the politicians are forcefully removed from office & then we start over, but there's just not enough people to go along with it because they either don't have the balls or are too ignorant to know what is really going on. I know far too many people struggling, people that work for an honest living. Child poverty is on the rise. I could go on, but I think I've made my point
Supply and demand always makes situations better. The problem is the tax code and who gets what from government spending, not the immigration or whatever else policy.

Old 02-14-2014, 09:02 AM

9,127 posts, read 7,940,833 times
I love my country.

Old 02-14-2014, 09:40 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,527,092 times
Default What's wrong with America? You figure it out.

OK...

1. way too much self-satisfied ignorance

2. way too little critical thought

That'll do for starters.

Old 02-14-2014, 10:02 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,827,890 times
Once it becomes common to do whatever turns you on and ignore the rule of law its leads to conflict by its nature.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies