Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2014, 09:15 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,692,117 times

Advertisements

Conservative or liberal, why are so few people concerned that these groups felt entitled to tax-free status?

That to me is the real "scandal" in all of this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2014, 09:17 AM

2,083 posts, read 1,620,018 times
If a Republican administration had done this, there would already be several movies being made about how evil and corrupt they are. It would be the top headline from every news outlet. Protests would spring up across the country overnight. But when the shoe's on the other foot, they turn a blind eye to the government putting its boot on the neck of their opposition because they're so blinded by partisanship--they'd welcome a dictator with open arms if they told them what they wanted to hear.

Old 02-14-2014, 09:17 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,218,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Conservative or liberal, why are so few people concerned that these groups felt entitled to tax-free status?

So if a republican takes the presidency in 2016 you have no problem with 100% if IRS targets being liberal groups

Old 02-14-2014, 09:18 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,673,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
Hmm not a democratic or liberal response yet not even one deflecting
They are twisting themselves into knots trying to find the Booosh angle. Well, that, and... running off to their liberal propaganda sites to be led by the hand with talking points for how they should respond.

Old 02-14-2014, 09:18 AM

1,214 posts, read 1,695,008 times
This is proof right here that the IRS was unfair and had a political agenda. No one can deny it now.

And although there is no proof linking him to it as of right now, I do find it more than a little suspicious that this happened during the last election.

I don't believe for a second that Obama is sincere about investigating this.

Old 02-14-2014, 09:19 AM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 21 days ago)

27,631 posts, read 16,115,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
It was just happenstance. A mere coincidence. It had nothing to do with the 2012 election or the potential for the first (half) black President to be stigmatized, marginalized, and cast into the dust bin of history by being handed a one term Presidency. Never.

Also, Harry Reid was just postulating and speculating about Mitt Romney's net worth. Of course, he didn't have anyone in the IRS to tip him off. Not possible.....that is if you listen to liberal drivel.

The IRS is pure as the drivin slush.
fixed it for you

Old 02-14-2014, 09:20 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,113,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sullyguy View Post
Correct - all the groups that SOMEONE labeled "liberal" turned out to be legitimate so were not selected for audit.

On the other hand, a ridiculously large number of the groups that someone labeled "conservative" turned out to be sufficiently questionable that they got audited.

You have a problem with the IRS correctly doing its job as it has, I should note, for decades and decades?
You're kidding, right? I sure hope you're not this naïve.

Would you say the same if the tables were turned against you?

I highly doubt it. More short-sighted, partisan drivel....as if this could NEVER happen to a left leaning person or group.

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...bamas-irs.html

Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 21 days ago)

27,631 posts, read 16,115,213 times
Quote:

You get a failing grade in deflection

25,826 posts, read 20,692,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
So if a republican takes the presidency in 2016 you have no problem with 100% if IRS targets being liberal groups
I have no problem with the IRS doing their job, no. If the majority of groups that request tax-free status are liberal or are identified as such, then they should be investigated with all due-diligence.

Didn't address my point though did you?

Do you believe that these groups, most of whom are organized solely for political purposes, should be eligible for tax-free status?

As for the OP, whatever. If the shoe had been on the other foot, you wouldn't have said "peep."

Old 02-14-2014, 09:22 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,447,180 times
Quote:
I have no problem with the IRS doing their job, no. If the majority of groups that request tax-free status are liberal or are identified as such, then they should be investigated with all due-diligence.

Didn't address my point though did you?

Do you believe that these groups, most of whom are organized solely for political purposes, should be eligible for tax-free status?
OFA and Media Matters Action Network, just to name 2, are completely political and enjoy their 501c4 status.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies