Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-15-2014, 10:58 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,003,249 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
What gay army? Are you talking about gays finally coming out and the ones who support them. Well maybe it is an army and it's about time.
No, Harrier is talking about the people who want to shove homosexuality down our and childrens throat's, redefine marriage, and force acceptance of their deviant lifestyle on the rest of moral society - and those who are their enablers.

Harrier doesn't care what gays do in the privacy of their own home.

He draws the line at the institution of marriage, the corruption of children, and the willful denial of a normal family structure for children through gay adoption and IVF, in the name of the selfish interest of gays, who put their own desires over the well being of families and children.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2014, 11:03 PM

17,842 posts, read 14,382,736 times
So called "Conversion' or 'reparative' therapy is pure quackery and only seems to be used by anti-gay religious conservatives. There is no scientifically valid evidence to support it. The APA has warned against it because it has been shown to be harmful as well as unethical.

This is a link to the 2009 APA report:

Appropriate Therapeutic Responses to Sexual Orientation

Old 02-15-2014, 11:08 PM

17,842 posts, read 14,382,736 times
I'm not sure why some people are bringing gay and lesbian parents into this but for those who are interested in evidence about gay and lesbian parenting instead of bigoted uneducated opinions, here is a review of most of the research:

http://www.apa.org/pi/lgbt/resources/parenting-full.pdf

And from the major health organizations:

American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry (AACAP represents over 8,500 child and adolescent psychiatrists.)

"Current research shows that children with gay and lesbian parents do not differ from children with heterosexual parents in their emotional development or in their relationships with peers and adults. It is important for parents to understand that it is the quality of the parent/child relationship and not the parent’s sexual orientation that has an effect on a child’s development. Research has shown that in contrast to common beliefs, children of lesbian, gay, or transgender parents:
  • Are not more likely to be gay than children with heterosexual parents.
  • Are not more likely to be sexually abused.
  • Do not show differences in whether they think of themselves as male or female (gender identity).
  • Do not show differences in their male and female behaviors (gender role behavior)."
American Academy of Pediatrics: (represents over 60,000 Pediatricians)
"A growing body of scientific literature demonstrates that children who grow up with 1 or 2 gay and/or lesbian parents fare as well in emotional, cognitive, social, and sexual functioning as do children whose parents are heterosexual. Children’s optimal development seems to be influenced more by the nature of the relationships and interactions within the family unit than by the particular structural form it takes."

American Psychological Association - Amicus Briefs on Gay and Lesbian Parenting.(The APA represents over 137,000 Psychologists)
"Overall, the belief that children of lesbian and gayparents suffer deficits in personal development has no empirical foundation.

The results of some studies suggest that lesbian mothers' and gay fathers' parenting skills may be superior to those of matched heterosexual couples. For instance, Flaks, Fischer, Masterpasqua, and Joseph (1995) reported that lesbian couples' parenting awareness skills were stronger than those of heterosexual couples. This was attributed to greater parenting awareness among lesbian nonbiological mothers than among heterosexual fathers. In one study, Brewaeys and her colleagues (1997) likewise reported more favorable patterns of parent-child interaction among lesbian as compared to heterosexual parents, but in another, they found greater similarities (Vanfraussen, Ponjaert-Kristoffersen, & Brewaeys, 2003)."

How Does the Gender of Parents Matter? - Biblarz - 2010 - Journal of Marriage and Family - Wiley Online Library
Volume 72, Issue 1, pages 3–22, February 2010
The entrenched conviction that children need both a mother and a father inflames culture wars over single motherhood, divorce, gay marriage, and gay parenting. Research to date, however, does not support this claim. Contrary to popular belief, studies have not shown that "compared to all other family forms, families headed by married, biological parents are best for children" (Popenoe, quoted in Center for Marriage and Family, p. 1).
Research has not identified any gender-exclusive parenting abilities (with the partial exception of lactation). Our analysis confirms an emerging consensus among prominent researchers of fathering and child development. The third edition of Lamb's (1997) authoritative anthology directly reversed the inaugural volume's premise when it concluded that "very little about the gender of the parent seems to be distinctly important" (p. 10). Likewise, in Fatherneed, Pruett (2000), a prominent advocate of involved fathering, confided, "I also now realize that most of the enduring parental skills are probably, in the end, not dependent on gender" (p. 18).

Old 02-15-2014, 11:18 PM

32,068 posts, read 15,055,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
No, Harrier is talking about the people who want to shove homosexuality down our and childrens throat's, redefine marriage, and force acceptance of their deviant lifestyle on the rest of moral society - and those who are their enablers.

He draws the line at the institution of marriage, the corruption of children, and the willful denial of a normal family structure for children through gay adoption and IVF, in the name of the selfish interest of gays, who put their own desires over the well being of families and children.
What corruption of children are you talking about. Just because they are a same sex couple doesn't mean they don't love children like we all do. Why is it selfish of them to want a family. I look forward to the day when we can accept everyone regardless of their sex, religion, color and whatever else we are prejudiced against. It really disgusts me that we aren't there yet.

Old 02-15-2014, 11:44 PM

6,414 posts, read 10,491,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post

You are being delusional. Gays are not immoral. Marriage is not redefined, is still the same. It is not shoved down anyones throats. It is not deviant. Homosexuality is normal. Marriage does not belong to straight people and you guys are the reason for all the kids in adoption and foster care. It is you straight people that are selfish by thinking that marriage is just for you and your families and ignore that we are tax payers too, thus pay for your marriages. You fail on all counts and that is really wonderful. Keep it up.

Old 02-16-2014, 12:05 AM

12 posts, read 8,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDragonslayer View Post
You are being delusional. Gays are not immoral. Marriage is not redefined, is still the same. It is not shoved down anyones throats. It is not deviant. Homosexuality is normal. Marriage does not belong to straight people and you guys are the reason for all the kids in adoption and foster care. It is you straight people that are selfish by thinking that marriage is just for you and your families and ignore that we are tax payers too, thus pay for your marriages. You fail on all counts and that is really wonderful. Keep it up.
The majority of gay men will sleep with anyone who is willing. When I was part of that lifestyle, I had people constantly trying to hookup with me. I knew several guys who had more sexual partners than they could count in one night. Is that really normal behavior to you?

Gay men are not interested in being monogamous and happily married like normal heterosexuals. They just want to get acceptance from people so they can feel good about their sexuality. But heterosexuals shouldn't spend a lot of time worrying about gay people because they hate themselves far more than what you could ever hate them. I'm speaking from experience. I wouldn't wish that type of lifestyle on my worst enemy.

Old 02-16-2014, 12:09 AM

6,414 posts, read 10,491,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_Adams View Post
The majority of gay men will sleep with anyone who is willing. When I was part of that lifestyle, I had people constantly trying to hookup with me. I knew several guys who had more sexual partners than they could count in one night. Is that really normal behavior to you?

Gay men are not interested in being monogamous and happily married like normal heterosexuals. They just want to get acceptance from people so they can feel good about their sexuality. But heterosexuals shouldn't spend a lot of time worrying about gay people because they hate themselves far more than what you could ever hate them. I'm speaking from experience. I wouldn't wish that type of lifestyle on my worst enemy.
You are telling outright lies. You are confused and do not know what you are talking about. Maybe your life and you are screwed up, but do not put that on the rest of us. That is your bed to lay in.

Old 02-16-2014, 12:20 AM

15,080 posts, read 14,321,575 times
Quote:

The majority of MEN will sleep with anyone who is willing. Gay men just happen to find more willing partners. Jealous?

Old 02-16-2014, 12:24 AM

12 posts, read 8,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
The majority of MEN will sleep with anyone who is willing. Gay men just happen to find more willing partners. Jealous?
It's not just the number it's the type of sex. This is what their identity and lifestyle is based on. Sex, drugs and drinking. There is nothing wholesome or natural about the gay lifestyle.

Old 02-16-2014, 12:29 AM

15,080 posts, read 14,321,575 times
Quote:
It's not just the number it's the type of sex. This is what their identity and lifestyle is based on. Sex, drugs and drinking. There is nothing wholesome or natural about the gay lifestyle.
Good lord, just because you hung out with drunk losers doesn't mean all gay people are drunk losers. The gays I know are just fine, and no different from anyone else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies