Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-16-2014, 09:18 AM

1,214 posts, read 1,696,825 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
The discussion on normalization of Homosexuality is over. For those that will never accept that battle is over, there is nothing anyone needs to do to convince them.

Just as faithful Japanese soldiers that did not surrender after VJ day, did not change that the world moved on.

Stay in the cave and refuse to accept the War is over...no matter the world is moving on with or without you.
There is no war. And I do accept gay people as people. You just want to bully everyone who doesn't accept homosexuality as a normal lifestyle. I don't accept smoking as a normal life style either, doesn't mean that I don't accept people who smoke as people.

I think there are good gay people and good smokers. Doesn't mean that I have to agree or support those behaviors because both of those things are wrong.

But you are right. I think that homosexuality will be seen as normal in the long run. There is an agenda at work and this is part of the process. This is just the beginning though, we will eventually see polygamist and incest made normal too. Mark my words, this is the next step in the process. Straight, monogamous, Christian couples will be eventually seen as rare and bizarre among the polygamist, gay bi sexuals and family relationship masses.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2014, 09:28 AM

14,917 posts, read 13,103,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaPirate355 View Post
You just want to bully everyone who doesn't accept homosexuality as a normal lifestyle. I don't accept smoking as a normal life style either, doesn't mean that I don't accept people who smoke as people.
Seriously? You're comparing homosexuality to smoking? That's outrageously offensive.

And I'm not trying to get you to accept homosexuality as a normal "lifestyle." I'm trying to get the FACT across to you that homosexuality is a innate, biological characteristic that describes to whom I am sexually and emotionally attracted. It's not a "lifestyle." Lifestyles are something you create for yourself and something you can change whenever you want and as many times as you want in a lifetime.

Homosexuality is as much a lifestyle as black skin is a lifestyle.

Old 02-16-2014, 09:30 AM

7,242 posts, read 7,908,614 times
We outlawed this kind of abuse in CA a few years back. It's good to see that other states are doing the same.

Old 02-16-2014, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Think4Yourself View Post
We outlawed this kind of abuse in CA a few years back. It's good to see that other states are doing the same.
I was especially encouraged to see how overwhelmingly this bill passed the WA House: 94-4. Even the Republicans supported it by a measure of 39-4.

Old 02-16-2014, 09:39 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,695,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
Seriously? You're comparing homosexuality to smoking? That's outrageously offensive.

And I'm not trying to get you to accept homosexuality as a normal "lifestyle." I'm trying to get the FACT across to you that homosexuality is a innate, biological characteristic that describes to whom I am sexually and emotionally attracted. It's not a "lifestyle." Lifestyles are something you create for yourself and something you can change whenever you want and as many times as you want in a lifetime.

And promiscuous people are attracted to many of either same or opposite sex people. It's the sex they are drawn to, which is a strong drive and pull.

The talking point that it's not a lifestyle is just that, a talking point on the list of the agenda's talking points.
If it makes some people feel better to repeat that, sobe it; it's really not much different than a smoker telling self (and others) that he or she only smokes "a little" or doesn't smoke "that much". We human beings are very clever at living along the shores of De Nile regarding myriad ways we pursue our lifestyles, conventional or otherwise.

Old 02-16-2014, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
And promiscuous people are attracted to many of either same or opposite sex people. It's the sex they are drawn to, which is a strong drive and pull.

The talking point that it's not a lifestyle is just that, a talking point on the list of the agenda's talking points.
If it makes some people feel better to repeat that, sobe it; it's really not much different than a smoker telling self (and others) that he or she only smokes "a little" or doesn't smoke "that much". We human beings are very clever at living along the shores of De Nile regarding myriad ways we pursue our lifestyles, conventional or otherwise.
I agree that calling homosexuality a lifestyle is an agenda driven "talking point."

Calling homosexuality a lifestyle is a calculated attack designed to portray all gay people in a negative light so as to advocate for their suppression and continued mistreatment. It's a lie used by hateful bigots to pigeonhole and cast gay people as immoral, sinful, deviants who prance around boozing, drugging, fornicating indiscriminately, and molesting children. It's a calculated attack on gay people designed to spread fear and to promote prejudice and bigotry.

Old 02-16-2014, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post

I was not equating the two, and you know that. Stop being fallacious. I don't care if you're offended because you guys are offended just by simple things as a person having a different opinion. I think it's fake offensiveness really, just pretending to be so you can silence those who you disagree with.

Until you find proof that you are born gay I won't believe it. There is no solid proof to back it up, not one. Just because it makes you feel better when you say it and it may be politically strategic doesn't make it true. I believe that it is culture and environmental, and yes it is a lifestyle. There is no other way to describe it.

And even if it was genetic, I wouldn't care. It still doesn't make something okay. I feel an innate desire to cheat on my girlfriend with other women, doesn't make it okay.

Old 02-16-2014, 09:54 AM

No One is Born Gay (or Straight): Here Are 5 Reasons Why | Social (In)Queery

Here is an interesting article about this subject written by a gay woman. It's been making the rounds of my psychology class and was introduced to me by another student.

It's pretty thought provoking.

Old 02-16-2014, 11:00 AM

22,632 posts, read 14,945,990 times
I think "conversion therapy" is a scam.

There is an excellent book by a Columbia University professor: "Cures" by Martin Duberman that dissects and debunks the whole effectiveness of this bogus money making charade.

Gay people are not broken and do not need to be "fixed."

Old 02-16-2014, 11:46 AM

9,127 posts, read 7,944,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaPirate355 View Post
There is no war. And I do accept gay people as people. You just want to bully everyone who doesn't accept homosexuality as a normal lifestyle. I don't accept smoking as a normal life style either, doesn't mean that I don't accept people who smoke as people.

I think there are good gay people and good smokers. Doesn't mean that I have to agree or support those behaviors because both of those things are wrong.

But you are right. I think that homosexuality will be seen as normal in the long run. There is an agenda at work and this is part of the process. This is just the beginning though, we will eventually see polygamist and incest made normal too. Mark my words, this is the next step in the process. Straight, monogamous, Christian couples will be eventually seen as rare and bizarre among the polygamist, gay bi sexuals and family relationship masses.
it already is...It is no longer a crime to be Homosexual by the criminal justice system. It is no longer seen as a mental disorder by Medical, Psychological, and Scientic organizations.

Ever His Holiness The Pope said..."Who am I to Judge".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies