Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2014, 10:25 PM

32,065 posts, read 15,067,783 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaPirate355 View Post
No One is Born Gay (or Straight): Here Are 5 Reasons Why | Social (In)Queery

Here is an interesting article about this subject written by a gay woman. It's been making the rounds of my psychology class and was introduced to me by another student.

It's pretty thought provoking.
How is this thought provoking? This is her opinion so why should it matter to us. We all have our opinions. Should we all write an article about it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2014, 11:00 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,641,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_Adams View Post
The majority of gay men will sleep with anyone who is willing. When I was part of that lifestyle, I had people constantly trying to hookup with me. I knew several guys who had more sexual partners than they could count in one night. Is that really normal behavior to you?
Well, no wonder you were hit upon, assuming you were regarded as a real hot guy. It comes with the territory as many good looking women can relate to as well.

Old 02-16-2014, 11:06 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,641,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaPirate355 View Post

Just like the days of Rome and Greece where most of the population was gay/bi, we will see the gay population increase dramatically because it will be a part of our culture, portrayed as normal and encouraged. Culture and environment, not genes, is what causes sexual orientations.
Considering how many straight guys would feel like vomiting when thinking about performing oral sex on another guy, you thoughts are pure rubbish.

Old 02-17-2014, 01:24 AM

2,112 posts, read 2,597,136 times
As advanced as we are when it comes to technology, in America, most people here are so backwards in regard to human sexuality. These people kill me when they say homosexuality is a choice.

Old 02-17-2014, 10:17 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,698,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beliciano View Post
As advanced as we are when it comes to technology, in America, most people here are so backwards in regard to human sexuality. These people kill me when they say homosexuality is a choice.
Just opinion. I've not seen any positive proof. Until I do, it's still a 'lifestyle'.

Old 02-17-2014, 10:24 AM

2,345 posts, read 1,670,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beliciano View Post
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
Just opinion. I've not seen any positive proof. Until I do, it's still a 'lifestyle'.
What proof do you think could be possible that it's not a Choice?

Any sapient person who KNOWS God's Word and Ways for mankind, knows HE doesn't create Homosexuals.

Old 02-17-2014, 10:25 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,791,864 times
Straight - bisexual - gay - You are or you ain't. No therapy involved or needed. No shame either. To use a religious expression - God made you that way so stop questioning god.

Old 02-17-2014, 10:31 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,680,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
Bill to prevent gay conversion passes House - seattlepi.com

On one hand, I suppose that gay conversion therapy is largely a flim flam proposition. On the other hand, it seems that there are varying degrees of gayness, and if a bisexual, barely-gay person could be 'converted' it would probably be to his benefit, if only for the STD factor.

Should gay conversion therapy be illegal? Isn't this idea very similar to the pro-life advocates who want to intervene in a decision between a woman and her doctor? Don't come between me and my doctor, legislators--butt out.
I guess that the science on what causes, determines or influences human sexuality is also settled science.

Old 02-17-2014, 10:32 AM

2,345 posts, read 1,670,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
Straight - bisexual - gay - You are or you ain't. No therapy involved or needed. No shame either. To use a religious expression - God made you that way so stop questioning god.
NO, God did not make one that way.

Any sapient person who KNOWS God's Word and Ways for mankind, knows HE doesn't create Homosexuals.

Old 02-17-2014, 10:32 AM

1,214 posts, read 1,696,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Considering how many straight guys would feel like vomiting when thinking about performing oral sex on another guy, you thoughts are pure rubbish.
Most straight men also vomit at the thought of having sex with women who are hairy/unshaven. However this is not the case in different culturessuch as Europe, where women having hair is the norm. A hundred years ago it was the same way, and no straight man had a problem with it.

What changed? What caused men to become disgusted by it? Our culture. Our society (again environment) caused people to find it gross. No one in their right mind would try to argue the case that the minority of men who do prefer hairy women were born that way, it's obvious that it's environmental.

Some people also argue that they were born fat, with a '' fat gene '' and that it makes obesity completely normal and natural. Obviously it isn't. And no such a gene has been found. If people are born gay, thenprove it. Until then I'm going to have to go with the evidence of it being cultural and environmental.

The thing is though that it's a pointless debate. People have agendas and are not interested in the truth or evidence contrary to their own. They want to believe people are born gay so they will. No matter what.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies