Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-15-2014, 11:58 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by risotto11 View Post
But it doesn't control anything. Is this what you want for the us?
Of course they do. Again, I can not answer a question based upon a false assumption.

dsjj251 Here is another example. I'm simply arguing facts but by arguing facts I'm asked if I want the U.S. to be Somalia.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2014, 11:58 AM

804 posts, read 618,673 times
Exactly. Somalia lacks a strong central government. Is this what you want for the us?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwmdk View Post
Wow, what a way to lie.

Somalia has governments, and LOTS OF THEM, none of which respect individuals, and all of which exert force and power to maintain themselves and control of the population under them.

Regional governments
External governments
Warlords
Islamics
Cartels

None of which obey ANY law, but instead, make up their own law or rule by dictate or whim.

Old 02-15-2014, 11:59 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 22 days ago)

29,551 posts, read 16,539,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I wasn't being addressed. I just jumped in.

You had no reason to decide my "party" outside of your views of what you think someone's party should be.
I based my opinion of which party you stood with based on your previous comments. And you are still side stepping your own rhetoric.

like it or not, alot of your ideas and beliefs do fall in line with the Republican Party. So yes, people will think of you as a republican. You took offense to that and went on attack mode for no good reason. You could have simply corrected me and moved on, instead you chose to act like a child an throw petty insults.

Old 02-15-2014, 12:01 PM

8,346 posts, read 7,043,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
I based my opinion of which party you stood with based on your previous comments. And you are still side stepping your own rhetoric.

like it or not, alot of your ideas and beliefs do fall in line with the Republican Party. So yes, people will think of you as a republican. You took offense to that and went on attack mode for no good reason. You could have simply corrected me and moved on, instead you chose to act like a child an throw petty insults.
To be fair, whether or not beliefs fall in line with a party doesn't mean that they belong to said party.

Most people would assume I'm a democrat, but I refuse to be part of a political party that's pretty much as bad as the GOP.

It's better practice in forums to keep such assumptions quiet until the other party says what they belong to.

Old 02-15-2014, 12:01 PM

That is very true. Even from our close neighbors perspective: the Democratic Party would be considered right wing in Canada.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RememberMee View Post
Only in America Democrats can pass for a left party, in the rest of the world it would be a right of the center party. USA has no left to speak of. 10 corporations owning all the medial has a lot to do with the fact that American left is marginalized and Obama is declared a "radical Marxist". Pure idiocy.

Old 02-15-2014, 12:02 PM

9,470 posts, read 6,969,002 times
Quote:
But it doesn't control anything. Is this what you want for the us?
Then what does it do? I mean, other than arm people who go around shooting others indiscriminately?

You act as if 'government' is defined as some kind of single supreme authority...

There are scores if not hundreds of "governments" in Somalia... a few are "regional" governments that have some kind of national or international recognition... warlords, black marketers, smugglers, tribal systems, Islamics, and others.

Each claims and/or enforces its authority over the people by violence of threat of violence - just as ours now do.

They ARE governments. Plain and simple. Just not the kind you want recognized, because it interferes with your partisan arguments.

Old 02-15-2014, 12:03 PM

Quote:
The "link" proved nothing about me.

Perhaps you should actually try to find the truth behind the arguments.

I'm not a "link dink", who just posts links to what other people say. But, I DO expect you, when someone contradicts you, to actually go out and learn what is objectively true, and then argue it.

Obviously, that idea is totally foreign to you. You repeat the arguments of a political party without thought or question. The "no wrongdoing was done" argument is as false as anything could be - yet the president repeated it the other day.

Mountains of evidence of HUNDREDS of people who have been harassed and abused solely because of their political leanings AND the words of IRS people themselves have demonstrated that it was absolutely and objectively true that it happened AND IS STILL HAPPENING.

That you would seek to discredit anyone who objects to this behavior, and that you would seek to promote unquestioning acceptance of government behavior can only spring from blind obeisance to partisan dictates.
Yet you cannot provide evidence to back up any of the claims you made in this comment. Thats a lot of words to amount to nothing.

Old 02-15-2014, 12:04 PM

9,470 posts, read 6,969,002 times
Quote:
Exactly. Somalia lacks a strong central government. Is this what you want for the us?
The lack of a strong central government? OH, yes. None is needed.

Old 02-15-2014, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinArmageddons View Post
To be fair, whether or not beliefs fall in line with a party doesn't mean that they belong to said party.

Most people would assume I'm a democrat, but I refuse to be part of a political party that's pretty much as bad as the GOP.

It's better practice in forums to keep such assumptions quiet until the other party says what they belong to.
or he could have just said " im not a republican"

there is an old saying. " 2 wrongs dont make a right".

Old 02-15-2014, 12:06 PM

I do and I have college degree to prove it.
Capitalism is an economic system based on private ownership of means of production.
Most of the poorest countries on the planet subscribe to that system. Look up laissez-faire
capitalism.

Quote:
Wrong.

You don't know what capitalism is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies