Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2014, 11:31 PM

8,289 posts, read 13,563,668 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
What is with this right vs left in the US? Don't you people know how to think for yourselves and make your own decisions? I say screw both parties, and use your mind.
sanspeur? We all can't be as civil as our brethern Canucks!

Old 02-15-2014, 11:34 PM

2,687 posts, read 2,185,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gousa14 View Post
I don't like the far right in the USA. It's time for a complete makeover of our political culture on both sides, and let's allow more than those two sides. I feel distanced from conservative ideology. I reject the vehement disapproval of public concern. I still hope fiscal conservatives can one day save America. I feel distanced after it became a crime to support universal health care in the US as a conservative. I'm not conservative. I'm not liberal.

Unfortunately I still deal with parents who think differently under the same roof.
Well don't feel bad, they just had a bad childhood.

Old 02-15-2014, 11:40 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,219,329 times
I don't like the far right or the far left. Both are poison for the country. Just as inexcusable are party hardliners who refuse to cross party lines.

Old 02-16-2014, 08:51 AM

11,345 posts, read 16,702,711 times
The OP hasn't posted here since #1. Guess mommy and daddy sent him to his room and turned off his internet access.

Old 02-16-2014, 09:09 AM

9,470 posts, read 6,969,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro69 View Post
The OP hasn't posted here since #1. Guess mommy and daddy sent him to his room and turned off his internet access.
No, but the OP has 49 posts... the chance of eventually coming back and wailing some more is pretty good.

Old 02-16-2014, 11:21 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,524,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwmdk View Post
How about reality is tough... deal with it.

It's a kid primping himself online, with delusions of wisdom.
Pot/Kettle

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwmdk View Post
Please note the complete lack of reality in his posts... And the abundance of partisan blather.
Ummm. I note that Conservatives tend to see in other qualities that they possess themselves.

Old 02-16-2014, 11:22 AM

9,470 posts, read 6,969,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Pot/Kettle

Ummm. I note that Conservatives tend to see in other qualities that they possess themselves.
You imagine it.

Old 02-16-2014, 01:01 PM

9,884 posts, read 10,974,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
Really? It's funny how the Government can run Police Departments, Fire Departments, NSA, FBI, CIA, the Military and the National Zoo in DC and the United States Postal Service and still get them all paid on time with pensions to boot!
It's time to turn of Faux Nooze! The "Government isn't your problem.
United States Postal Service: Hasn't made a profit in years, can't continue without constantly increasing the price of a stamp and getting government subsidies.
AMTRAC: A money losing passenger rail system that can't survive without massive infusions of taxpayer dollars.
The Military: A necessary evil that purchases cars and trucks for many tens of thousands of dollars, then sells them 10 years later, with less than 20,000 miles on them, for less than $1000 each. they also purchase vehicle and aircraft parts for millions of dollars, then sells them for pennies on the dollar, while purchasing more of the same parts!
Police departments, fire departments, NSA, FBI, CIA: You REALLY don't want to audit their financials!
Government, overall: The only entity in the world that is allowed to borrow constantly so they can spend more than they receive, and NEVER have to pay it back. When they reach the limit, they simply raise the limit. Try that with YOUR credit card!

Definitely NOT good examples of fiscal responsibility!

Old 02-16-2014, 02:24 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,163,062 times
Quote:
I don't like the far right in the USA.
Why?

What did I ever do to you?

Quote:
I feel distanced from conservative ideology.
My guess is you never were a Conservative. It's impossible to be a Conservative and not support the Constitution.

Quote:
I reject the vehement disapproval of public concern.
"Public concern" is a lot like Hope....it costs a lot and accomplishes nothing and it certainly doesn't pay the bills or create jobs.

Quote:
I still hope fiscal conservatives can one day save America.
Never happen.

There is one and only one thing that will save America, and that is the total and complete restoration of the US Constitution.

When you have succeeded in restoring the Constitution, you will know, because you will be paying a tax of 2%-3% to the "federal" government and 8%-15% to your State government.

Quote:
I feel distanced after it became a crime to support universal health care in the US as a conservative.
I would like to take you seriously, but you don't know what universal health care is; you don't understand the history of your health care system; you are not aware of the actions taken by a special interest group such as the American Hospital Association to gain monopoly control over your healthcare system; you don't understand that the policies your government implemented caused you harm and pain with respect to health care costs; you are totally disconnected from reality because you do not understand or refuse to see that medical costs are unaffordable because your government and the American Hospital Association refuse to permit Free Market reforms, and because high medical costs drive up the price of your Fee-for-Service system everyone wrongly calls "health insurance" and that lowering the cost of "health insurance" in no way possible lowers the cost of medical treatment.

Like so many others, you bought into the Left-Wing diatribe: Open-heart surgery on the Free Market costs $13,000 but your monopolistic hospital cartels charge $26,000 to $41,000 and Left-Wingers have mislead you into believing that reducing the cost of health plan coverage from $4,000 to $2,000 will cause the monopolies running your hospitals to lower the cost of open-heart surgery to $13,000......it will not.....it anything the price will actually increase.

If hospitals can organize as monopolistic cartels and bleed you dry, then why can't oil companies?

That's the question you should be asking...

Mircea

Old 02-16-2014, 02:36 PM

7,242 posts, read 7,906,557 times
Quote:
I don't like the far right in the USA.
Most people don' which is why the tea party and the Republican Party in Congress both have single digit approval ratings. They really don't have anything intelligent to say and instead it is always hatred of other people and the mad ravings of the lunatic fringe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies