Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2014, 11:44 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,176,592 times

Advertisements

Well this is the US, you are free to make up your own mind who you wish to support. If you don't like the two main parties, start looking at the smaller parties. Donate money and volunteer time to help the party you fit in with. The only way a third party is ever going to challenge the top two is if Americans put support behind a third party.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2014, 11:49 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,221,236 times
Why do you need a party to support? Vote for the individual who best represents your beliefs.

Old 02-15-2014, 11:51 PM

9,470 posts, read 6,969,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Government that's not so large that it's a bureaucratic nightmare to navigate, but not so small that it can't fulfill the last bulletpoint I listed
What bullet point was that? You have no lists of anything anywhere else in this thread.

Quote:
Real justice, not just for those that can buy it
Still sounds like "peace" which is a warm fuzzy, but in reality means little.

Quote:
Constitutional rights
There are no such things. There are "unalienable rights" that exist. The Constitution prohibits government from taking ANY of them. The Constitution is a contract that specifically delegates certain powers to a central government and prohibits it from doing anything else. It does not fully enumerate our rights, nor does it create them.

Quote:
Balanced budget, as long the budget is not balanced on the backs of the poor
How could it? The poor have nothing to take.

Quote:
Robust, hi-tech economy not based on the China/Southern model.
Oh. Wait. You want a government directed economy. You know, the China model.

Quote:
Widget manufacturing can never come back to this country, let's not kid ourselves.
Well, not so long as we use government to control the economy and economic activity.. .no. Then again, if we stick to it long enough, national collapse will occur and fixing that might restore enough freedom to be prosperous again.

Quote:
We can never compete with third world labor unless you want us to also be a third world country
It's actually very easy to not only compete, but win in competition with third world labor. The problem is our government imposing costs and obstructing things, not labor price.

Quote:
States over Feds in most respects
What about we just do what the Constitution says?

Quote:
Sensible regulations that combat against waste, fraud, abuse, monopolies, and pollution (non-CO2 related)
Empowering that will CREATE waste, fraud, abuse, monopolies and pollution.

You can't fix problems with an entity that creates those problems.

Old 02-15-2014, 11:55 PM

Well, since none of you can comprehend the difference between policy lists and principles, I'll have to demonstrate for you.

My political principles:

1. The purpose of society is to promote individual freedom.

2. The purpose of government is to enhance and defend individual freedom.

Nothing else is needed.

Individual freedom is not defined as being required to work for the benefit of someone else.

Old 02-16-2014, 12:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwmdk View Post
Well, since none of you can comprehend the difference between policy lists and principles, I'll have to demonstrate for you.

My political principles:

Nothing else is needed.

Individual freedom is not defined as being required to work for the benefit of someone else.
So what you are saying is you are unemployed and homeless? Or do you work for someone? What happens when those at the top are given so much individual freedom that it makes it easy for them to exploit the American worker with low wage jobs? Then who do you turn to for your individual freedom?

Old 02-16-2014, 12:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
So what you are saying is you are unemployed and homeless?
Nope.

Quote:
Or do you work for someone?
I have worked for other people and I have been self employed.

Quote:
What happens when those at the top are given so much individual freedom that it makes it easy for them to exploit the American worker with low wage jobs?
People get hired.

Quote:
Then who do you turn to for your individual freedom?
I don't need anyone to "turn to" for my freedom. I merely need the government to not violate it.

Old 02-16-2014, 12:07 AM

Quote:
Nope.

I have worked for other people and I have been self employed.

People get hired.

I don't need anyone to "turn to" for my freedom. I merely need the government to not violate it.
So in other words you would be more than happy to work for a couple dollars a day because that would bring jobs back to the US and make it easier for corporations to exploit Americans.

Old 02-16-2014, 12:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
So in other words you would be more than happy to work for a couple dollars a day because that would bring jobs back to the US and make it easier for corporations to exploit Americans.
No, that's just your stupid rhetoric, which you use to attempt to choke off any discussion of anything that matters.

Old 02-16-2014, 12:11 AM

9,659 posts, read 10,226,412 times
Quote:

My political principles:

Nothing else is needed.

well, I can at least say you've given me something to think about. That said, I still believe in taxes for things other than military or law enforcement.

Old 02-16-2014, 12:13 AM

Quote:
No, that's just your stupid rhetoric, which you use to attempt to choke off any discussion of anything that matters.
So you would be unemployed because someone else would be willing to do your job for less. Sounds like you are gonna be homeless or begging the government for money.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies