Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2014, 06:09 PM

5,660 posts, read 5,087,879 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
My friends and I engaged in the same kind of stupid pranks at that age. Glad we never got killed. We used to play our music loud too.
Not in any way to excuse the disproportionate response, but why would kids think it's ok to trash someone's car?

And the girl seemed to have an affinity for flashing gang signs in photos. Looks like it was just a matter of time for her. Does she leave any kids of her own behind?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2014, 06:24 PM

78,409 posts, read 60,579,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post
this is the same thing as dunn except this guy who killed the girl is black, and he's facing first degree murder.

Girl, 15, 'shot dead by man, 48, who opened fire on teens in a blind rage after they dumped leaves and smashed eggs on his car as a prank' | Mail Online
I'm honestly baffled by your thread. I cannot fathom how you managed to take the SAME charges and then express outrage that they had the SAME charges brought against them.

Seriously? Do you need to walk this off? You have so much racial hate in you, I worry.

Old 02-16-2014, 06:25 PM

3,620 posts, read 3,835,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
Not in any way to excuse the disproportionate response, but why would kids think it's ok to trash someone's car?

And the girl seemed to have an affinity for flashing gang signs in photos. Looks like it was just a matter of time for her. Does she leave any kids of her own behind?
here we go again.

victim is on trial and not the gun nut.

Old 02-16-2014, 06:33 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,886,908 times
Quote:
Kids are kids. They do stupid things. They should not be killed for it.

Old 02-16-2014, 06:42 PM

2,185 posts, read 1,382,404 times
Quote:
And the girl seemed to have an affinity for flashing gang signs in photos. Looks like it was just a matter of time for her.
Like it was said in the article's comments : kill her preemptively. For the crime she would certainly have committed, she deserves to die years ahead.

Side note : kids being goofy and taking selfies while hand gesturing in their room has nothing to do with gang signs.

Old 02-16-2014, 06:47 PM

78,409 posts, read 60,579,949 times
Quote:
^^^This.

My father is considering getting his CC license but has thought about it and isn't currently persuing it.

He is pushing 70, never been in even so much as a fight in at least 50 years that I know of and is probably the best neighbor you could ever ask for.

However, he is getting older and can be cranky at times, maybe a little more fearful in his later years and extremely protective of his property.

Could something bad happen if he heard noises and went to his front door armed fearing for him or his neighbors? Maybe.

That's why I'm going to talk to him about not getting a CC license.

You get older, brain chemistry changes, you have an ailing spouse, maybe short on sleep...you have to be in full control of your faculties to be carrying IMO.

This is a guy that has shot guns since he was 10 or so. Ditto for me. I bought my first rifle with my lawn mowing money at age 13 but had one from Christmas at age 10.

Rigid firearm safety and haven't had a gun in my house in over 25 years due to not really needing one. Maybe I'm the dichotomy that sees both sides points.

Old 02-16-2014, 06:54 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,323,230 times
I'm just wondering if the shooter had tried to resolve this any other way.
Did he call the polive? I'm sure they wouldn't consider egging a car that much of a crime.
Did he try to speak to the parents? Would parents who allow a 14 year old out at 01h00 even give a crap?

Old 02-16-2014, 07:48 PM

5,660 posts, read 5,087,879 times
Quote:
I agree and said I am not dismissing what the shooter did.

Old 02-18-2014, 08:43 AM

4,520 posts, read 4,208,869 times
Default Overzealous gun owner at it again; Teen Killed over egging prank

Irresponsible gun owners are becoming more and more common in today's society. In what world is the penalty for egging a car, death? In what world do you respond to someone touching property with firing into a car?

Adrian Broadway, Teen, Allegedly Gunned Down By Willie Noble Over Egging Prank

From the article:
At approximately 1 a.m., a group of seven teenagers reportedly threw eggs, mayonnaise, toilet paper and leaves at Noble's car, according to FOX 16.

An irate Noble is accused of storming out from his house and firing shots. Police said the teenagers fled the scene in a car, but not before the suspect riddled the vehicle with bullets and shot Adrian Broadway, pictured below, in the head.

Old 02-18-2014, 08:45 AM

793 posts, read 1,419,578 times
Play stupid games...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies