Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-22-2014, 04:00 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,935,420 times

Advertisements

There was a time in this country when the unions served a useful purpose. Today they are corrupt and too involved in politics on every level. Their first obligation at one time was to the union membership. Today their first obligation is to enrich themselves.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2014, 04:02 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,003,124 times
Useful purpose the unions served was to build Las Vegas so the mob could rape the place. So it hasn't really changed............now the mafia boys just hold political office IMO.

Old 02-22-2014, 05:03 PM

29,823 posts, read 24,902,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Lets see it? Why would you even make that statement without the documentation to support it? Unions only make up 10% of workers in this nation.
You've basically answered your own question. Union representation has declined to less than 10%. With that decline, we have seen stagnating wages, eroding of benefits, and the end of job stability. When the boss had to compete with the higher paying union shop, he had to pay just enough to keep you from walking down the street. Today, it's minimum wage that's propping the incomes of many up, and the boss isn't worried about you leaving... More than likely, he will be the one most likely to initiate the split.

Old 02-22-2014, 05:11 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,003,124 times
Stagnating wages in UNIONS. LOL. I guess you have nothing to offer either. Your buddy ran off. Min wage has been around from the time I was a child is that what your referring to as stagnating wages? Lord have mercy. Job stability? I can get a job in the private sector in a week if need be. I have skills. Union employees turn a screw or ten of em stand around watching a guy turn a screw. That is not a skill you are stealing from our tax dollars as most unions left are government unions. I don't need some union rep to negotiate my salary and take a hunk of it I can do it myself. That is why union wages "stagnate". I doubt you will ever understand any of what I just posted...........probably because you are union. You want somebody else to understand it for you and then when they read you a rant like you just wrote you want to go hurt people who are doing better off than you because in reality you know your just a sucker. Hey a week or so till you gotta pay your dues.......I pay my dues to my family.

Old 02-22-2014, 05:18 PM

22,661 posts, read 24,594,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
There is statistical correlation between the decline in union membership and the decline in earning power of the middle class.

Correlation != Causation.

The world has many, many more places to manufacture just about everything.........USAtard has lost that edge, and many other edges a LONG time ago.

Old 02-22-2014, 06:54 PM

9,470 posts, read 6,969,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sargentodiaz View Post
Except who are they accountable to?

Are their decisions public? Along with their meetings? Who are they? Where does their $$$ come from?

Answer those and THEN tell me it would he a fair decision.
The NLRB has been packed with union advocates by Obama, and generally does anything it can in favor of the union and against everyone else.

Old 02-22-2014, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
It will be fair.
No, it will not. Obama has turned it into a union advocacy arm of the party.

Old 02-22-2014, 07:05 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,163,062 times
Quote:
There is statistical correlation between the decline in union membership and the decline in earning power of the middle class.
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
You've basically answered your own question. Union representation has declined to less than 10%. With that decline, we have seen stagnating wages, eroding of benefits, and the end of job stability. When the boss had to compete with the higher paying union shop, he had to pay just enough to keep you from walking down the street. Today, it's minimum wage that's propping the incomes of many up, and the boss isn't worried about you leaving... More than likely, he will be the one most likely to initiate the split.
You're not entitled to earning power or increasing wages or increasing benefits or job stability.

Here is the right answer......

Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
Correlation != Causation.

The world has many, many more places to manufacture just about everything.........USAtard has lost that edge, and many other edges a LONG time ago.

Economics....it's what rules...

Mircea

Old 02-22-2014, 07:16 PM

Quote:
There is an actual cause and effect relationship between unions and failed American industries.

Old 02-22-2014, 09:00 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,968,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwmdk View Post
No, it will not. Obama has turned it into a union advocacy arm of the party.
Show me stats on decisions since January, 2005 versus previously and if they prove your point, I'll believe you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies