Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2014, 05:24 AM

8,016 posts, read 5,856,922 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
Thanks for the 25 cent pop psychoanalysis of the most powerful man on Earth, Jung.

You're welcome -- the truth is always the most difficult thing for blind loyalists to accept.

And most powerful? Lol.....he's just a harmless puppet, doing the bidding of his Gepetto. Powerful men do what they want, not what they're told.

Thanks for the laugh.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2014, 06:56 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,119,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntwrkguy1 View Post
He did.

Honestly, I think the one problem with Obama that NEVER gets discussed is that he likely suffers from deep-rooted self-esteem issues. Yes, he projects as a narcissist (even a Narcissistic Personality Disorder type), but deep down, he has to deal with the reality that his "family" was incredibly dysfunctional for the early 1960's.

I believe that's the demon that haunts Obama, permeates his every waking moment. Sure, there was the "first black president" thing, but let's face it, Obama's a BICO -- Black In Color Only. He had virtually NO black influence in his family life, because he was raised by a white family. It's pretty bad when a guy as dysfunctional as Barack Obama Sr. decides his life would be better off without you, other wife or not.

As such, I believe his formative years made him into an introverted loner. Loners don't make good leaders.
I think you make a very good point. I, too, have given this some thought several times over the past 6 years. What confirmed it for me is when Obama actually called historians to the White House to guide him on building a legacy. A true, experienced leader would care less about the opinions of others because the nature of leadership and a true leader is someone who is confident in his decisions and the projected outcome. A competent leader will not be concerned about his legacy because he knows that his decisions will have led to a positive outcome. That's why leaders are considered leaders.

When Obama started carving a path to a legacy by asking how to craft that legacy, I knew then and there that he's not a very confident leader.

Old 02-18-2014, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dv1033 View Post
LOLZ. I must have achieved "ignore status" on OP's list.
There's not one single person on my ignore list. I responded to you.

Old 02-18-2014, 07:04 AM

5,094 posts, read 5,173,239 times
I will be glad when the word "Obama" in only mentioned as a Jeopardy question. He is a "fad" like the "pet rock".

Old 02-18-2014, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaten_Drinker View Post
I will be glad when the word "Obama" in only mentioned as a Jeopardy question. He is a "fad" like the "pet rock".
Yep. He will fade into history as just not that remarkable of a President.

Old 02-18-2014, 01:35 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,357,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
"Barack Obama knows he’s a man running out of time. Reflecting on his presidential legacy in a long interview with the New Yorker’s David Remnick, Obama said, “at the end of the day we’re part of a long-running story. We just try to get our paragraph right.” For Presidents' Day, Politico Magazine asked a panel of distinguished historians to take up the obvious question this raises: How will Obama’s paragraph read? Did he get it right? What will be his place in history? Here’s what they told us, with some smart framing thoughts from Stephen Sestanovich, a scholar at the Council on Foreign Relations and Columbia University:"

Barack Obama?s Paragraph - Politico Magazine - POLITICO Magazine

Sorry libs.....Barack Obama just wasn't Mr. Hope and Change after all. Even the far left historians from the nation's elite universities won't give him much more than a mediocre ranking after 6 years........which is astonishing considering what they expected he would be able to accomplish being a well-spoken man of high ambition and even higher rhetoric.

It just didn't work out as planned. A lost opportunity for the first black President, indeed.
Did we read the same Politico article?
The one I read said the jury was still out.

Since our President still has 2 years left in his term, I agree with the article. No historian who is actually a historian would risk his professional reputation at this point.

Is he running out of time? Maybe. That could be seen in several different ways. But is he a great President? The honest assessments will come in the next decade to come. If he is seen as only middling successful, or goes down in history as one of the greats, whatever the outcome is will be weighted against the chaos Bush terms.
This is always the way it is. Whatever the promises are in the campaign never turn out to be greater than how the great Presidents did when they took office. Our best were always the most controversial in their time, and only were seen as being the best long after they left office.

Old 02-18-2014, 05:27 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,729,686 times
Quote:
Hurricane Sandy shed billions from our economy as well. Conservatives dont like hurricanes, but we are not bothered by a government shutdown. Liberals and Democrats disapprove of Republicans. What else is new?
That's why Boehner worked so hard to keep a govt. shutdown from happening again.

Old 02-18-2014, 05:34 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,884,808 times
Obama will ultimately be judged by Obamacare. It ain't looking good right now.

Old 02-18-2014, 07:55 PM

3,130 posts, read 3,073,305 times
My guess is that the whole BushObama era will go down as kind of icky. It will probably be thought of similarly to the 1880s-1890s or so.

Old 02-18-2014, 08:04 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,668,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaten_Drinker View Post
Quote:
Yep. He will fade into history as just not that remarkable of a President.
My pet rock has a higher IQ.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies