Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2014, 09:45 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,096,171 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Interesting post considering the topic is Obama's legacy. How do you know what McCain's and Romney's legacies would be? The answer is you don't. So why even postulate on something that doesn't exist?
Because Clinton was center left, Bush was center right, and Obama center left. Pretty easy to guess Romney and McCain would continue the trend of centrist policies by presidents.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2014, 09:45 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,078,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Whether he was a great president or not is a matter of opinion....he will always be remembered and honored for being the first black president. And yes he was hope and change because years ago a black man would have never held this power.
Uh, no. Hope and Change was not prefaced on being the first black President. It was prefaced on all the promises he wasn't able to keep.

Old 02-17-2014, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Uh, no. Hope and Change was not prefaced on being the first black President. It was prefaced on all the promises he wasn't able to keep.
Can't keep all those promises when they are filibustered.

Old 02-17-2014, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
Three problems:

1) This is coming from the Right, which means it is off the mark. Frankly, since this is what Pubs believe, the OPPOSITE is true.

2) If President Obama is not considered a great President, one can only imagine what Republican George Bush was. Bush must create an entirely new low classification.

3) What kind of historian classifies someone before they become a part of history? Answer: a right-wing one.
Wrong, as usual.

Old 02-17-2014, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Wrong, as usual.
Pot calling kettle black.

Old 02-17-2014, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrexDigit View Post
They're not exactly damning either. They list some substantial accomplishments.
Those narratives don't exactly fly here in this echo chamber.
That's why I said "mediocre at best" in the OP.

Old 02-17-2014, 09:53 PM

31,944 posts, read 14,943,611 times
Quote:
The first black president will be in history books, like it or not.

Old 02-17-2014, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrinceDolph View Post
You did nothing to counter my post other than an ad hominem attack. That's funny how you need to stroke your ego pandering to right wingers to get that warm fuzzy feeling of community in bashing liberals when you have no stool to stand on. I'd love to know what in your head wants so sorely for bigoted stereotypes of minorities to exist, my theory is a sad man behind a keyboard needing desperate affirmation from like minded bigots but hey what do i know
More useless hyperbole. You have nothing to offer obviously. I'll be surprised if you can even find liberal allies on this forum since this tripe is all you appear to be capable of. Do you realize how low one has to go to be considered an irrelevant liberal to other liberals on this forum? lol

Keep up the good work.

Old 02-17-2014, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
The first black president will be in history books, like it or not.
Inconsequential. A nice footnote. That's about it.

Old 02-17-2014, 09:57 PM

1,825 posts, read 1,415,745 times
On a side note while I think most of them hit the obvious legacy question which is what will the future hold for the ACA, I think they all missed what I think is the other major Obama legacy, which is that he transformed the political landscape of America by putting together a new, potentially stable winning Democratic coalition, a feat not really accomplished since FDR. Basically the Democrats had been trying to run with the old FDR coalition (urban, minority, labor, white working class, intellectuals, southerners etc.) This coalition went on life support under Nixon and collapsed completely during Reagan. Obama basically scraped this and put together a new coalition of younger voters, single women, minorities, urban, professionals etc. and won twice with it. That is huge, and imho central to the re-emergence of the Democratic party on the national and presidential level.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies