Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2014, 03:36 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 24 days ago)

29,557 posts, read 16,548,014 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/803197

"Our results suggest that adolescents are particularly vulnerable to develop cognitive impairment from cannabis and that the drug, far from being harmless, as many teens and even adults are coming to believe, can have severe neurotoxic effects on the adolescent brain," lead investigator Madeline H. Meier, PhD, from Duke University, Durham, North Carolina, told Medscape Medical News.
But this is also true of alcohol, Tobacco and even certain medications. You are making a non argument because no one has said make it legal for teens.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2014, 03:41 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,202,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
the log term effects are not really known.
Woah man! They...uh...aren't? That's...uh...what was I saying...uh...

Old 02-19-2014, 04:49 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jburress View Post
Please be aware this poster gets almost all of his facts from "The World Federation against Drugs" which receives most of it's funding from DATIA, which stands for the Drug and Alcohol Testing Industry Association.

In summary, they make their money by marijuana being illegal and have every interest in keeping it that way.
Actually, the sources are mentioned in my post, so there is no need for you to make stuff up.

Old 02-19-2014, 04:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GJJG2012 View Post
I only heard Holland decriminalized cannabis. "Marijuana addicts" don't have to register, they just go to coffee shops there, where tourists can also get it. Cannabis is only 1/3 as addicting as caffeine, where's your caffeine hysteria? Cannabis users are not into shootings, robberies & car thefts. It makes people peaceful. It would probably even help you. Also, nobody but you calls coffee shop owners organized crime. Legality doesn't make many want hard drugs that did nor want them before. Our own govt, CIA is #1 drug dealer in the world creating more heroin addicts & killing some with nearly pure samples.

Lying is nothing new & some get very rich doing so.
No one said you have to register to buy pot in Holland, you register when you check into treatment. Cannabis users are only one link in the chain. The studies which I referred to prove that the legalization/decriminalization caused the number of crime families to skyrocket from 3 to over 90, and they brought in the human trafficking, robberies, shootings, hard drugs, extortion, murder etc with them. Be careful who you invite for the party.

Old 02-19-2014, 06:16 AM

1,214 posts, read 1,696,386 times
I'm a Conservative, and I fully support Marijuana legalization. It is NOT the same as cocaine, meth, or even alcohol. There is no logical reason to be against it.

Old 02-19-2014, 06:24 AM

5,756 posts, read 3,999,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
Woah man! They...uh...aren't? That's...uh...what was I saying...uh...
Pass the Doritos dude and quit bogarting the blunt!

Old 02-19-2014, 06:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaPirate355 View Post
I'm a Conservative, and I fully support Marijuana legalization. It is NOT the same as cocaine, meth, or even alcohol. There is no logical reason to be against it.
So, you are conservative, except liberal on this issue.

Old 02-19-2014, 06:47 AM

5,756 posts, read 3,999,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
So, you are conservative, except liberal on this issue.
I feel the same way about marijuana but vote as a conservative its not a liberal issue its the common sense thing to do.The judicial system then could return to their primary function of protecting the public and locking up real criminals.

Old 02-19-2014, 06:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbdowndemocrats View Post
I feel the same way about marijuana but vote as a conservative its not a liberal issue its the common sense thing to do.The judicial system then could return to their primary function of protecting the public and locking up real criminals.
War on drugs, 'tough on crime', harsh sentencing guidelines, and death penalty are all conservative ideas, which liberals have opposed, but now some people in GOP are taking a more liberal approach to these things. I don't judge them. I agree the sentencing guidelines need to be reviewed and changed.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 02-19-2014 at 07:26 AM..

Old 02-19-2014, 07:10 AM

8,070 posts, read 12,784,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
How profoundly ignorant you are. People have been smoking pot for thousands of years and it doesn't cause cancer. The legal federal medical marijuana patients have each been smoking 300 joints a month for the last several decades with no ill effects. Please educate yourself about the truth, rather than making baseless assumptions.
Marijuana does not even have to be smoked. Users can buy edible products or use a vaporizer that does not burn anything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies