Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2014, 06:35 AM

9,470 posts, read 6,967,719 times

Advertisements

Cantor challenger: ‘We need FCC to monitor and regulate’ Fox News Channel | Twitchy

We've said all along that liberals and progressives do not believe in free speech, nor any other liberty.

Now and then, they blurt it out...

Old 02-18-2014, 06:39 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,171,483 times
Funny tweets and he is right, Fox News is nothing more than a garbage entertainment channel that lies when they try to say they are news.

Old 02-18-2014, 06:45 AM

9,127 posts, read 7,941,165 times
Come on...he had a picture of a black cat saying the cat could be a Fox News analyst. That was funny.

Some people are just wound too tight.

Old 02-18-2014, 06:51 AM

1,743 posts, read 1,658,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Funny tweets and he is right, Fox News is nothing more than a garbage entertainment channel that lies when they try to say they are news.
So what your saying is that other new channels are not garbage and dont lie? [MOD CUT]

Last edited by Ibginnie; 02-18-2014 at 08:28 AM.. Reason: rude

Old 02-18-2014, 06:55 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,464,288 times
We could be more like China and Venezuela..just ban any news/speech/articles that go against the government.
Then we would have the appearance that everyone in America is happy.

Old 02-18-2014, 07:03 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,171,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aedubber View Post
So what your saying is that other new channels are not garbage and dont lie? [MOD CUT]
When did I say that? I didn't realize when I mentioned Fox News, I had to mention every single news channel and my opinion of them as well. Here is a rule for you, if it is a 24 hr news channel, then it is just an entertainment channel, not a news channel.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 02-18-2014 at 08:30 AM.. Reason: edited quoted post

Old 02-18-2014, 07:03 AM

7,214 posts, read 9,392,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
We could be more like China and Venezuela..just ban any news/speech/articles that go against the government.
Then we would have the appearance that everyone in America is happy.
Talk about a straw man. No one is calling for that.

I just don't see how it's in the public interest to allow free public radio radio or TV stations to openly campaign for certain parties or political candidates. It's not "serving the public good" as they're supposed to do.

Old 02-18-2014, 07:07 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,464,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaseMan View Post

I just don't see how it's in the public interest to allow free public radio radio or TV stations to openly campaign for certain parties or political candidates. It's not "serving the public good" as they're supposed to do.
It's not. The "public" are glued to TV/radio and TPTB know that and use it to their advantage.

"Serving self interests" is more like it.

Old 02-18-2014, 07:14 AM

5,576 posts, read 7,997,640 times
My, how the left has fallen. In a mere half century the American left has gone from JFK's "Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable", from Hugo Black's "The Government's power to censor the press was abolished so that the press would remain forever free to censure the Government. The press was protected so that it could bare the secrets of government and inform the people. Only a free and unrestrained press can effectively expose deception in government.", to Dickinson's "Fox News does nothing but tell lies and mistruths. They have unqualified political analysts. We need FCC to monitor and regulate them."

What a callous disregard for the principles of liberty which are the bedrock of a civilized, free, and liberal society Dickinson exhibits. What a small and petty mind he must have to render basic freedoms an acceptable sacrifice in his mind for the greater good of suppressing a source of speech he doesn't like.

Where are the Cuomos and de Blasios of the left who will come forth and pronounce that those who have no understanding of the importance of free speech and a free press have no place in the Democratic party? Surely that is one litmus test that is legitimate, particularly for what was and is supposed to be the party of civil liberties.

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
That is for us, the people, to judge, not the FCC. The public will judge based on their own interests - the government will judge based on its own interests.

Old 02-18-2014, 07:15 AM

9,470 posts, read 6,967,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaseMan View Post
Not openly, of course. It is, however, what every liberal wants and dreams of. You know, regulate the opinions being broadcast limited to only the "truth" as government sees it. That's why they want government control over education, broadcasting, publishing, even over who can be a "journalist". (What, you think we forgot when liberals said that you should be required to get a license to be a journalist????)

Quote:
Of course i'ts not in your interest to allow free speech. My GAWD, people might learn that you lie!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies