Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2014, 05:18 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,432,441 times

Advertisements

A member of the Wisconsin Army National Guard's Funeral Honor Guard has posted inappropriate comments and pictures on social media. In one she complains about it being too cold for a funeral and the other is a photo of the honor guard clowning around a coffin - with the caption ""We put the FUN in Funeral". Idiots.

Wisconsin National Guard Member's Jokes About Military Funerals Sparks Outrage | Fox News Latino
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2014, 05:48 PM

37,096 posts, read 42,093,887 times
The average American can't handle social media.

Old 02-18-2014, 06:16 PM

4,585 posts, read 12,345,929 times
Each to their own, I have specific instructions to have a party and no funeral. I will also be cremated and some friends will spend their summer spreading my ashes around my beloved Oregon.

Old 02-18-2014, 06:52 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,432,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReturningWest View Post
Each to their own, I have specific instructions to have a party and no funeral. I will also be cremated and some friends will spend their summer spreading my ashes around my beloved Oregon.
You hope, you might wind up in a can under the sink next to the WD40.
You can haunt them if they don't follow your wishes.

Old 02-19-2014, 05:19 AM

4,585 posts, read 12,345,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
You hope, you might wind up in a can under the sink next to the WD40.
You can haunt them if they don't follow your wishes.
Actually they will as there are funds for the trip so it will be an all expense paid vaca. and these are people I have known for decades and when asked agreed and are thrilled to see all the off the track remote areas of magnificent Oregon. Oh and they are much younger than me so chances are they will be around.

Old 02-19-2014, 12:05 PM

2,737 posts, read 3,156,556 times
Not the elite Wisconsin National Guard surely.

Can they not get a proper unit to carry out military funerals in the US.

Old 02-19-2014, 12:12 PM

39,039 posts, read 27,456,929 times
I hate to say this ,but sometimes, people really have to have the exact same thing done to them in order to know how hurtful their behaviors can be.

Wondering if these "national guards" are willing to put so much FUN in their own family members funerals. Karma is a bi*ch sometimes.

Old 02-19-2014, 12:38 PM

9,127 posts, read 7,927,350 times
There was no Jack in the box. It would be like the staff at a funeral home cracking up and kidding around. So long it isn't durring a on going service, it's at work.

Old 02-19-2014, 12:53 PM

2,331 posts, read 3,205,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
A member of the Wisconsin Army National Guard's Funeral Honor Guard has posted inappropriate comments and pictures on social media. In one she complains about it being too cold for a funeral and the other is a photo of the honor guard clowning around a coffin - with the caption ""We put the FUN in Funeral". Idiots.

Wisconsin National Guard Member's Jokes About Military Funerals Sparks Outrage | Fox News Latino
I was never in the nat'l guard, but am a 6 year u.s. army vet and some of us have what might be a peculiar way of honoring a fallen comrade to most, since we would rather party one last time with a member of our squad, rather than walking around bawling about our loss. Smoking, drinking, playing poker on the casket because he's still with us in spirit are not unusual all done in private before the honor guard and visitation can be common and unknown to most of the soldiers family. In this way, he's able to have one last blast with his "second family".

Old 02-19-2014, 01:33 PM

39,039 posts, read 27,456,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by midwest61021 View Post
I was never in the nat'l guard, but am a 6 year u.s. army vet and some of us have what might be a peculiar way of honoring a fallen comrade to most, since we would rather party one last time with a member of our squad, rather than walking around bawling about our loss. Smoking, drinking, playing poker on the casket because he's still with us in spirit are not unusual all done in private before the honor guard and visitation can be common and unknown to most of the soldiers family. In this way, he's able to have one last blast with his "second family".
Good point.

I wonder however if the intention of these guards is to have some fun one last time with their "second family" though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies