Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2014, 10:28 AM

10,581 posts, read 9,779,270 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Wouldn't you as a responsible gun owner rather not see crazy people armed?
If the choice is between seeing an occasional 1 crazy person out of 310,000,000 armed...

...or seeing government with all its completely crazy ideas ("making more laws will restrict people who don't obey laws", etc.) having the power to decide whether I can own a gun or not....

...I'll take my chances with the occasional 1 crazy. There are a lot fewer of those people, and they they can affect a lot fewer Americans.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2014, 10:28 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,191,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
America where some people equate an item designed exclusively and expressly for the taking of human life to swimming pools, cars and the plethora of other things all designed for peoples pleasure rather than their death.

It's not the guns fault but the nuts that can far too easily purchase them. You're not allowed to own Abrams tanks or nukes either, ever wonder why?

Keep heading down your road of regression and one day you'll need one of those tanks just to observe your right to "self defense". You'll be much happier then I suspect, regardless if you can carry the thing or not.

come out to my land, you might just find out that you need a firearm to keep yourself alive from the wildlife. also people such as you I try not talk about much, especially when you bring up the nukes and such. makes for a conversation that is just silly.

also remember, if not for all the privately owned ships with cannon and the privately owned cannon, our country might not be here today in its present form, instead we might still be english subjects.

Old 02-19-2014, 10:30 AM

10,581 posts, read 9,779,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
I know and fully understand that you are incapable of understanding this but I'll try...

This is going to be a death netural comment:

A death is a death, does it matter how the death happens...to the left and you it does...(guns) however, again, a death is a death and why are you and the left so upset at guns when other things kills far more than guns...

Are you able to understnad that?
One of the significant (there's that word again) characteristics of the people who hate guns, is that they are afraid of the loud BANG a gun makes.

Nothing else explains why they try so hard to restrict and ban guns, while letting knives, baseball bats, swimming pools etc. slide.

Old 02-19-2014, 10:31 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,191,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
One of the significant (there's that word again) characteristics of the people who hate guns, is that they are afraid of the loud BANG a gun makes.

Nothing else explains why they try so hard to restrict and ban guns, while letting knives, baseball bats, swimming pools etc. slide.

vehicles kill more people in the USA than firearms do, I do not see them wanting to ban vehicles.

Old 02-19-2014, 10:32 AM

18,782 posts, read 17,352,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2tall View Post
What about bows and arrows? Swords? Specific lengths of rope?
It is a silly argument, because even if true or false, is completely irrelevant when discussing civil rights.
agreed, but it is not even necessary to bring up civil rights. The 'designed to kill' argument is a fallacy. I'm patiently waiting to see if the poster I replied to will reply back.

Old 02-19-2014, 10:34 AM

46,261 posts, read 27,074,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
vehicles kill more people in the USA than firearms do, I do not see them wanting to ban vehicles.
Anti gun people don't care about those deaths...because when you die by a car, it is so different than to die by a gun....

Old 02-19-2014, 10:35 AM

793 posts, read 1,419,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
Now, I'm not saying we should ban vehicles. We should just ban high capacity vehicles, vehicles capable of exceeding the speed limit, assault vehicles with military features (Large tires, lifted body, green paint jobs, specifically anything that says JEEP) and we should have stringent background checks and safety tests. Additionally, you should lose the privilege to drive if you are convicted of a crime.

I'm just asking for common sense vehicle control laws.

And I'll be reasonable. Anyone with an assault, high capacity, or powerful vehicle has until the end of the year to sell the vehicle out of country, surrender it to the police, or destroy it.

Old 02-19-2014, 10:36 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,477,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Anti gun people don't care about those deaths...because when you die by a car, it is so different than to die by a gun....
Because they're called accidents perhaps. Not overly surprised you cannot make the distinction.

Old 02-19-2014, 10:36 AM

46,261 posts, read 27,074,383 times

And I'll raise you 20 stories per page at 162+ pages of people who have been saved by guns....

NRA-ILA | Armed Citizen

Those damn pesky facts....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies