Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2014, 08:45 PM

8,802 posts, read 8,894,105 times

Advertisements

Teen Who Lost His Legs in Botched Abortion Makes State Wrestling Championships | LifeNews.com

I'm so glad to see this guy succeed. According to liberals, he's just an unwanted mass of cells. But to many of us, he's a champ!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2014, 09:05 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,555,831 times
I have read bout this kid before, and admire him greatly.

What I don't admire is someone using this kid to push an agenda. His adoptive parents maintain he was born following an "interrupted gestation at 24 weeks", which contradicts conventional Soviet terminology. "Interrupted gestation" is a term used prior to 16 weeks gestation in Russia when taking about abortion. Sounds to me like someone is embellishing the story of a congenital defect. Who knows.

Old 02-19-2014, 09:19 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,158,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
I have read bout this kid before, and admire him greatly.

What I don't admire is someone using this kid to push an agenda. His adoptive parents maintain he was born following an "interrupted gestation at 24 weeks", which contradicts conventional Soviet terminology. "Interrupted gestation" is a term used prior to 16 weeks gestation in Russia when taking about abortion. Sounds to me like someone is embellishing the story of a congenital defect. Who knows.
Well it is a LifeNews website and they like to embellish stories to push their agenda and propaganda.

Old 02-19-2014, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
I'm so sorry I turned your pro choice views upside down. It's not as clean and quick as you think is it? Even harder Question for you, are you glad that he survived the abortion?
You haven't really turned anything upside down, but you clearly are admitting that this thread is more about anti-choice than it is about this man and his accomplishment in a state wrestling championship.

Am I glad he survived an abortion? That is an absurd question, I am sad that he has to deal with this challenge throughout his life due to a poor job done by, my guess, a questionable doctor in a country that doesn't have the same regulations as us. Heck for all we know this abortion could have been attempted in the bathroom in the Kremlin.

Old 02-19-2014, 10:21 PM

8,802 posts, read 8,894,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
You haven't really turned anything upside down, but you clearly are admitting that this thread is more about anti-choice than it is about this man and his accomplishment in a state wrestling championship.

Am I glad he survived an abortion? That is an absurd question, I am sad that he has to deal with this challenge throughout his life due to a poor job done by, my guess, a questionable doctor in a country that doesn't have the same regulations as us. Heck for all we know this abortion could have been attempted in the bathroom in the Kremlin.
Are you glad or aren't you? It's really a simple question, but it's difficult for you to answer because, based on your beliefs, he should have died during the abortion. But now you see first hand what a "should have been abortion" looks like: a good athlete.

Old 02-19-2014, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Are you glad or aren't you? It's really a simple question, but it's difficult for you to answer because, based on your beliefs, he should have died during the abortion. But now you see first hand what a "should have been abortion" looks like: a good athlete.
And? Heath Ledger should have lived a long life as an amazing actor, sometimes that doesn't happen.

A botched abortion in a foreign country has nothing to do with the achievements this guy has reached with his adopted family.

Old 02-19-2014, 10:27 PM

9,127 posts, read 7,939,042 times
Quote:
Teen Who Lost His Legs in Botched Abortion Makes State Wrestling Championships | LifeNews.com

I'm so glad to see this guy succeed. According to liberals, he's just an unwanted mass of cells. But to many of us, he's a champ!
Liberals had no part in the woman's pregnancy or her choice to terminate her pregnancy. She had free will to make her own choices.

Old 02-19-2014, 10:32 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,316,291 times
Quote:

Originally Posted by VTHokieFan

Are you glad or aren't you? It's really a
simple question, but it's difficult for you to answer because, based on your
beliefs, he should have died during the abortion. But now you see first hand
what a "should have been abortion" looks like: a good athlete.
...and some "should have been an abortion" people end up as thieves and murderers. What's your point?

Old 02-19-2014, 10:35 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,464,507 times
Quote:

Not quite.

He was an unwanted mass of cells.

[past tense]

Old 02-19-2014, 10:36 PM

11,181 posts, read 10,525,658 times
He was born to and adopted from "an unknown couple from Russia".

Beyond that, anything else is conjecture.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies