Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-21-2014, 01:47 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,194,526 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceist View Post
I think that if anti-gay conservative Christians want to claim supposed religious beliefs to discriminate against gay and lesbian people, then perhaps they need to show that they follow every command in the Bible themselves in their daily lives.

You think.

Old 02-21-2014, 01:53 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 21 days ago)

29,549 posts, read 16,536,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Britt Reid View Post
Protecting ones religious beliefs from discrimination is not dumb.
Many Christians believe that you are born with sin, so the only way some of these business owners could refuse service to someone is to place one sin above another, they would be picking and choosing and there for negating the entire purpose of the law and what you have been arguing.

Old 02-21-2014, 02:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Diamond View Post
No...unlike liberals, a non-liberal just wouldn't shop there. You, on the other hand, howl and whine and moan until you've hounded the business into the ground.

That's the difference...

If you don't like their business practices, don't utilize their services....and move on. Is it so damned difficult for you to understand?
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaPirate355 View Post
That is a critical difference between many liberals and conservatives, it's something I observed as well. Many liberals cannot seem to handle different opinions or view points, they can't live and let live despite their claims of being open minded and tolerant. A simple disagreement can offend them.

I see things I disagree with all the time, I just ignore it. If I dislike the message of a song on the radio, such as Same Love by Mackelmoor, I just change the station. Imagine if there was a pop song on the radio promoting Heterosexual Marriage and the Bible ? Liberals would lose their minds! They would be out for blood.
I do not know if you honestly just miss all the times Conservatives do the exact opposite of what you 2 claim, or if you are purposefully lying.

Super Bowl Sunday you wanted to boycott Coke, There are boycotts of the Boy Scouts, there are Christian consumer groups bent on going after businesses that are pro LGBT, TV watch dog groups that go after TV shows and networks for their content, these people are not just "Changing the station" or not patronizing the stores. They organize boycotts, write letter and so on.

As for the bold, that must be sarcasm, Love in general is about 90% of pop songs and im pretty sure most of them are singing about the opposite sex.

Old 02-21-2014, 02:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Many Christians believe that you are born with sin, so the only way some of these business owners could refuse service to someone is to place one sin above another, they would be picking and choosing and there for negating the entire purpose of the law and what you have been arguing.
OK, Let's change the sin and ask the question again. What if it's NAMBLA that wants the cake?

Old 02-21-2014, 02:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
OK, Let's change the sin and ask the question again. What if it's NAMBLA that wants the cake?
You are making the same flawed argument over and over again.

How is homosexuality between 2 consenting adults the same as seducing a minor with no better judgement ????

Old 02-21-2014, 02:46 AM

15,080 posts, read 14,321,575 times
Quote:
What is it about the word CONSENT that conservatives just can't wrap their minds around?
It's a mystery wrapped in an enigma.

Old 02-21-2014, 02:50 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,381,370 times
Quote:
You think.
Well aren't they just hypocrites otherwise?

Old 02-21-2014, 02:50 AM

Quote:
I'm planning a trip to the Grand Canyon right now. I support those that support religious freedom. Whiney gays can visit the Golden Gate and People's Park.
Again, if this was about religious freedom then these people would not serve anyone who sinned, instead they are picking and choosing which sin. that is bigotry, not religion.

Old 02-21-2014, 02:54 AM

Quote:
You are making the same flawed argument over and over again.

How is homosexuality between 2 consenting adults the same as seducing a minor with no better judgement ????
They are both abominable sins.

Old 02-21-2014, 02:56 AM

Quote:
Again, if this was about religious freedom then these people would not serve anyone who sinned, instead they are picking and choosing which sin. that is bigotry, not religion.
If being opposed to immoral perversion is bigotry so be it. You make bigotry a good thing. I will wear the label with no guilt or shame.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies