Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-21-2014, 04:03 AM

9,127 posts, read 7,944,791 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Testdumbies55 View Post
This may be the dumbest thing Arizona had ever done. But Arizona is know for it's pure stupidity. The idea that this is some sort of Christian behavior sicken me. Do they really expect me to believe that God has anything to do with this sort of nonsense.

I have a long held religious belief that all Republican worship Satan. I will be posting a sign in my shop as follows.

Satan and his children the republican will not be served here.
please dont blame christians for the acts of idiots

Old 02-21-2014, 04:13 AM

9,127 posts, read 7,944,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
They are both abominable sins.
That may be true but child sexual assult has never been a lawful act in the US. Homosexuality is not an unlawful act.

We don't write laws in this country based on "abominations". We don't have God here on earth to determine punishment, jail time and or fines.

Old 02-21-2014, 05:29 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,211,524 times
Quote:
Most sins are not called abomination in the Bible. Homosexual behavior is. God really doesn't like it.
God must really not like red lobster either. Shellfish eaters are an abomination too..

But wait, that is in the OT, so it doesn't count, right?

Pick and choose, pick and chose...

Old 02-21-2014, 05:50 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,387,159 times
Quote:
If being opposed to immoral perversion is bigotry so be it. You make bigotry a good thing. I will wear the label with no guilt or shame.
There are many Christians who would see your views as an 'immoral perversion'. Including Christ himself.

Old 02-21-2014, 06:24 AM

1,261 posts, read 2,146,755 times
I agree with this. I am going to move to Arizona so I can open up a business where I can express my religious beliefs freely. My deity prohibits me from offering service to any follower of any Abrahamic religion or derivative thereof, hicks or rednecks of any kind, old, white, fat, bald rich guys, and especially any kind of conservative or tea-partier. It will be a refreshing change from being forced to violate my beliefs by serving these immoral heathens all the time.

Old 02-21-2014, 08:49 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,706,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunar Delta View Post
I agree with this. I am going to move to Arizona so I can open up a business where I can express my religious beliefs freely. My deity prohibits me from offering service to any follower of any Abrahamic religion or derivative thereof, hicks or rednecks of any kind, old, white, fat, bald rich guys, and especially any kind of conservative or tea-partier. It will be a refreshing change from being forced to violate my beliefs by serving these immoral heathens all the time.
That's the spirit!!!

Old 02-21-2014, 08:53 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,991,168 times
Quote:
OK, Let's change the sin and ask the question again. What if it's NAMBLA that wants the cake?

Minors are unable to consent.

Old 02-21-2014, 08:55 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,680,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Testdumbies55 View Post
This may be the dumbest thing Arizona had ever done. But Arizona is know for it's pure stupidity. The idea that this is some sort of Christian behavior sicken me. Do they really expect me to believe that God has anything to do with this sort of nonsense.

I have a long held religious belief that all Republican worship Satan. I will be posting a sign in my shop as follows.

Satan and his children the republican will not be served here.
To write a law so business owner can decide that one specific type of sinner listed within the Bible can be refused service, is more than dumb

Old 02-21-2014, 09:00 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,680,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
God must really not like red lobster either. Shellfish eaters are an abomination too..

But wait, that is in the OT, so it doesn't count, right?

Pick and choose, pick and chose...
So you could conceivably refuse to bake a wedding cake if the wedding reception would be serving shellfish? Or if you were Jewish, Muslim etc... if they served pork.

Old 02-21-2014, 09:01 AM

39,078 posts, read 51,239,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
Windor v US and lesser appellate courts cases has set Homosexuality as a protected class. It won't be long that Homosexuality is added to the protected class list.

So says the US Supreme Court so says us all. If the US and the constitution recognizes homosexuality as a protected class...Az is not far behind. Kicking and screaming...or by their own volition.
What will be will be, but for now homosexuals enjoy no privilege under law in AZ or most states. They can be fired or not hired or denied service already. This law would make religious grounds for doing such things a defense if you are sued for it. The wingnut legislature in AZ got their panties in a wad because the New Mexico supreme court ruled against a photographer who refused to photograph a gay wedding and was sued because religious beliefs, under New Mexico law were not ground for discrimination. They don't want the state courts here doing that - hence the law making religion grounds for such discrimination.

Last edited by Ponderosa; 02-21-2014 at 09:10 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies