Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2014, 06:27 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,323,230 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabass Inna Bun View Post
Hah, yeah. "No crazy baldheads allowed. Have a nice day and Praise Jah."
Crazy baldheads? Well, now you've done it. The Lord will smite you by sending a she-bear to tear you asunder. That's what loving deities do, ya know.

Old 02-21-2014, 06:45 PM

493 posts, read 783,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
Where that logic and thinking starts to fall apart, is when you find youself surrounded by bigots who don't like who you are, and then your thinking says that an entire town of businesses can deny you service.

There was a reason why we as a nation now celebrate those four college students from North Carolina who sat at the lunch counter at Woolworth in 1960 and refused to leave. We should not turn back the clock.

I can see where the type of businesses some people deal with, that they should be allowed to decide who they will or will want to do business with, but I do not see it as universal license for everyone to discriminate.
The guays cant have it both ways. youre the ones who have created the "rights" issue, not non guays

you cant have an "in your face" attitude, and then expect claim outrage when people try to keep you out of their face.

you cant have your appointed judge cronies change one license into a "right" without changing all licenses to a right.

Old 02-21-2014, 06:50 PM

9,694 posts, read 7,391,525 times
i think its great, you should be able to do business with who ever you want, why rent a house to a meth head just because of equal right

Old 02-21-2014, 06:56 PM

9,127 posts, read 7,942,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownbagg View Post
i think its great, you should be able to do business with who ever you want, why rent a house to a meth head just because of equal right
Not even if it is a gay black woman....methhead. methheads are not a protected class.

Old 02-21-2014, 07:08 PM

8,391 posts, read 6,296,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Britt Reid View Post
I think another state passed something similar to this last week so this must be a trend that is catching on. I agree with this bill that if you are a business owner and believe in and live by your faith that you should be able to refuse service to whoever you want.

Arizona Senate: Business owners can cite religion to refuse service to gays
conservatives continue to prove that they hate.

Old 02-21-2014, 08:07 PM

3,401 posts, read 2,284,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
Crazy baldheads? Well, now you've done it. The Lord will smite you by sending a she-bear to tear you asunder. That's what loving deities do, ya know.
I have bear spray. Two cans*.

*I don't know if they work on toucans as well.

Old 02-21-2014, 08:07 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,591,580 times
I might be more annoyed if this bill had any chance of surviving a court challenge. But it does show that the whole anti-gay marriage crew could care less about "traditional marriage"; they just want an excuse to discriminate against a group of people they don't like. Once they have their "marriage protection" they move on to more discriminatory measures like the one here. The exact same thing is happening in Russia. At least in this country, probably within the next 10 years, the majority of the voters -both Republican and Democrat - will favor same sex marriage. The majority of voters in the US already oppose blatant discrimination against gays, which is what this law is intended to do.

Old 02-21-2014, 08:09 PM

7,242 posts, read 7,906,557 times
So what does "religious freedom" have to do with baking a cake? Nothing. This is just an excuse to discriminate and so is a classic GOP move.

Old 02-21-2014, 10:55 PM

2,171 posts, read 1,459,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
My homestate politicians back at their normal idiocy again. And whaddya know..led by yet ANOTHER East Valley idiot..as usual.

I used to be proud to be an East Valley native, but I ain't so sure anymore. Thank goodness I'm no longer in Maricopa County. SMH..

Arizona...comfortably maintaining its reputation as having the dumbest, most insane politicians in the western world.
we are keeping out illegals and no liberal is going to move here. works for me

in all honesty though this bill is definitely bordering on discrimination, but unless 2 guys are making out in a highly religious business and they kick you out i don't think this bill is going to do much. for most people its business 1st, very few businesses will take advantage of this, i think this was more of a statement fighting back against the obnoxious, flamboyant gay movement

Old 02-21-2014, 11:14 PM

2,887 posts, read 2,635,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaPirate355 View Post
People who say these kinds of bills promote discrimination are wrong. These bills are being made to protect businesses and religious rights from discrimination.

No where does it say that a business can refuse service to a gay person just for being gay, they cannot hang up signs that say '' no gays allowed '' or anything like that. It simply says that a business owner can be protected for denying a special service (such as a cake for a gay wedding) on the basis of their religious values.

These kinds of bills are necessary as gay activsts are becoming more and more militant, and often do violate the Religious Rights of others.
This will prevent the always angry and perpetually unhappy homosexual militants from putting a bakery operated by folks with religious convictions out of business and will strongly encourage them to simply take their business elsewhere rather than throwing a hissy fit because they can’t bully people they don’t like into compliance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies