Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
2,500,000 members. Thank you!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do You Think Most Blacks Are Trying To Be White?
Yes, Likely They Want To Blend In With Part of Society/Fashion 10 14.93%
Yes, Because They Feel Victimized/Hated Otherwise 3 4.48%
No, This Is Absurd & Possibly Racist To Even Point Out 14 20.90%
No, Only a Small Percentage Do It 22 32.84%
None Of The Above 18 26.87%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2014, 07:39 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,254,830 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Californian34 View Post
yes, but different non white cultures react differently to white supremacy, so saying that, because skin bleaching is popular in foreign countries, not just African countries, but Asian countries as well, it could be popular here is wrong. most black americans would rather die than admit to skin bleaching. it is considered shameful to us, but in some African countries celebrities openly sell and endorse skin bleaching products.
You also have to take into consideration of the different histories of each country in dealing with white supremacy. What is not mention is that darker people are usually poor and uneducated and thus many groups (Asians and Indians from India) do everything that they can to distance themselves from them, thus lean towards the european standards of beauty
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2014, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprite97 View Post
He did have vitiligo. Why would he want pale skin?
First of all it does not cover your whole skin, only in spots and blotches. Secondly he could have easily had those areas darken with make up like many others who also suffer from it. Finally, he removed all facial aspects of his "blackness. Nose and lip thinning, changed his hair and even had a cleft put in his chin. I listen to some of his speeches and he does realized that he was black, but he acted like he was shamed of his appearance. Come to think of it I think that all of them except for Tito had some sort of facial alteration done to their faces.

Old 02-22-2014, 07:45 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,808,060 times
I'd break it down by sex and age here. More and more Millineal Black ladies are talking proper, straightening their hair and so on to "fit in" and, it seems, to catch a white dude as a husband since way too many Black dudes DON'T take care of business.

Old 02-22-2014, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
I think it does represent a shift. And if you'll notice, those white men are more than likely with dark-skinned black women, not the light-skinned women one might initially expect.

To them it looks more exotic than a regular light skinned woman. This is the same principle as to why many white men like biracial women and certain Asian looking women

Old 02-22-2014, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
True, but that doesn't explain the mutilated nose and lips, the replaced hair and the obsession with artificially creating children without a hint of Negroid phenotype.
Even that's shaky since word is not all "full blood" Black African people look "Black" with the wide nose, no bridge and big lips. That seems to be more a Ghana and Nigeria thing. Zulus and Somalis, not so much.

Old 02-22-2014, 07:52 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,598,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Even that's shaky since word is not all "full blood" Black African people look "Black" with the wide nose, no bridge and big lips. That seems to be more a Ghana and Nigeria thing. Zulus and Somalis, not so much.
Tutsi's also.

Old 02-22-2014, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
As I've repeatedly said, Latin America is very much a Eurocentric, white supremacist culture.
Agreed. That's a part of "Hispanic" culture right there; the "whiter" the better. Sad because some of those darker skin people are def nice looking.

Old 02-22-2014, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Californian34 View Post
you are not a "mulatto" if you have two black identifying parents, regardless of how light you are. niki manaj's name is an obvious play on Ménage à trois. Michael Jackson was no more a "mulatto" than the 37 million other black americans.
Look at us now: The black and white twins as they turn seven | Mail Online

Both parents would be "Black" in the US: 1 of of their kids ain't, going by looks.

Old 02-22-2014, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
I don't know about blacks wanting to be white, but I did notice something interesting lately. I have seen a lot of black women with white men. Before recently I would see some black men with white women, but the reverse was always very rare. I'm not sure if it is happenstance or an actual shift in culture.
It's the way they roll here in Bullhead City: most Black ladies under about 30 years old have anglo, NOT "Hispanic" white partners and light Mulatto or even anglo looking kids.

Old 02-22-2014, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
To quote the great Malcolm X they have something known as white's disease...

Malcolm X - You Got What's Known As 'White's Disease' - YouTube
Mr X was part "white". LOL So is Mr Ali, the boxer, he's part Irish and looks it except for darker skin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies