Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do You Think Most Blacks Are Trying To Be White?
Yes, Likely They Want To Blend In With Part of Society/Fashion 10 14.93%
Yes, Because They Feel Victimized/Hated Otherwise 3 4.48%
No, This Is Absurd & Possibly Racist To Even Point Out 14 20.90%
No, Only a Small Percentage Do It 22 32.84%
None Of The Above 18 26.87%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2014, 12:08 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,437,323 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post
i disagree. i say do what you want to do.

im just annoyed that white people say just because a black person wants a lighter skin tone or blonde hair that she hates who she is.

yet, a white women can sit in a tanning bed all day trying to get dark and get a butt implant that she doesnt hate who she is.

white conservative males play the supremacy angle, i dont.
I've never actually heard of a white woman wanting to have a big butt or getting butt implants.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2014, 02:58 AM

3,620 posts, read 3,814,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
I've never actually heard of a white woman wanting to have a big butt or getting butt implants.

i have.

Old 03-21-2014, 06:38 AM

334 posts, read 452,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Negotiator75 View Post
Black people are a beautiful race, they should have nothing to hide or be ashamed of.

Time and time again, we see way too many Black celebrities and regular folks relaxing their hair, making it blonde, getting nose surgery and even waist/hip reductions. It just seems so obvious that many are changing their appearances to look "White".

Racial Psychology: Why Do Black People Want to be White? | The New Observer

Is it social pressure? The media? Is it because 90% of commercials on television use White actors?

What is the main influence.. what is going on?

http://s12.postimg.org/ehevuzv95/101...54708628_n.jpg
R&B Singer/Movie Star Beyonce

http://s12.postimg.org/94q1gv7cp/Mic...8211_1_402.jpg
Pop Singer Michael Jackson

http://s12.postimg.org/ra2zux6ux/nic...collection.jpg
Rapper Nikki Minaj

http://s12.postimg.org/f4dskis55/s_S...SKIN_large.jpg
Ex-Baseball Player Sammy Sosa

Treat me with respect on this subject, I am an Iraq veteran and I am also black.

So what are black people so afraid of? Do they feel that they need to be accepted in a "White World"?
I've always wondered. Why do people make a big outrage to people trying to be whatever closer to white but often accept people switching genders? Isn't transgenderism a form of self hatred of birth gender?

Also I think it's a misguided belief that a person of color that bleaches their skin or straightens their hair is trying to be white or something other than what they are. Whites often go out of their way to imitate or look like people of color, but oh if whites do that they may be accused of blackface or being racist. *rolls eyes*

Also if an individual does not identify as black, people have to respect that persons identity choice and keep it moving.

Beyonçé is of mixed ancestry being that she is half Bahamian and half Louisiana Creole.

Nicki Minaj is actually Trinidadian born and raised of mixed race ancesty of East Indian Trini and Afro Trini descent. Nicki Minaj is a Dougla.

Also keep in mind that some people of color line or bleach to tone out and even out their skin tone. It's not anti black or always stemming from anti blackness.

Sammy Sosa had some issues or mental problems going on.

Michael Jackson had vitiligo and plastic surgery obsession. I believe his children were/are genetically engineered.

I think people have certain choices and preferences.

Also the people you listed, also are not pure anything and are of mixed ancestry which is common among most or much of the global Afrodiaspora.

Also not all people identify in one droppist tendencies or manners. One drop rule is divisive and racist.

Old 03-21-2014, 06:40 AM

Quote:
Look at Coco, wife of rapper/actor Ice T. There is one example of such.

Old 03-21-2014, 06:46 AM

28,564 posts, read 18,570,253 times
Quote:
I've heard of that. But I've never heard of a white woman actually wanting or wishing to be black.

And there have been drugs for over half a century that can effectively turn white skin black, but how many white people do you know who have used them?

Old 03-21-2014, 06:47 AM

Quote:
Black people are a beautiful race, they should have nothing to hide or be ashamed of.

Time and time again, we see way too many Black celebrities and regular folks relaxing their hair, making it blonde, getting nose surgery and even waist/hip reductions. It just seems so obvious that many are changing their appearances to look "White".

Is it social pressure? The media? Is it because 90% of commercials on television use White actors?

Rapper Nikki Minaj

Treat me with respect on this subject, I am an Iraq veteran and I am also black.

So what are black people so afraid of? Do they feel that they need to be accepted in a "White World"?
Mary J Blige has been rocking blonde hair for throughout much of her entire career. I don't think she is trying to be white.

Another example, what about Big Ang from VH1 reality shows? She has had so much plastic surgery and looks absolutely scary and ridiculous and is completely physically altered. Is she self hating white woman?

Lil' Kim I'm sure knows what she is. Some people just have eccentricities and want to experiment. It's not as serious as some people make it out to be.

I feel sorry for Lil Kim because now she looks like a pasty Asian-esque plastic packaged doll. She was so cute in the early to mid to late 1990s era.

Old 03-21-2014, 06:51 AM

Quote:

Rapper Nikki Minaj

Michael Jackson first had nose surgery done because he broke it as a teenager while rehearsing on stage.

Old 03-21-2014, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Sounds reasonable but it also sounds like a quick dismissal of the underlying cause.

What if the roles reversed here. What if Jim Carry did a hair transplant to have nappy hair? Or if Jimmy Fallon took skin pigmentation pills to be black?

Of course the topic of Mulattos would not count here, because their looks would be non-surgical and non-altered by using products... here are examples of folks just being born that way:

Mariah Carey, Derek Jeter, Barack Obama, Alicia Keys, etc.
Mulattos can vary and phenotypical diversity and skin coloring is diverse among mulattos and multiracials.

Mariah Carey has other races besides black and white in her like Native American and ither things and lord knows what else. Mariah Carey's paternal grandfather has Venezuelan (and possible Cuban) roots.

Alicia Keys father is half Puerto Rican, and so that opens up possibility to them having more than just black and white races.

Also where would other mixed people fit in your perceptions or observations like George Zimmerman, who has an Afro Peruvian mother, and Eva Longoria whose ancestry in Texas and nearby Southern states on both and all sides dates back to the 1500s, and she is an Afrodescendants, being that she has recent African ancestry.

Btw Afrodescendants as a term is hardly one droppist as it just acknowledges that one has that particular ancestry.

Old 03-21-2014, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CravingMountains View Post
All of those people in the photos the op posted are Mulatto though. Even Nikki Minage has south Asian ancestry and that is where her stage name comes from.
Exactly. Nicki Minaj is Trinidadian born and raised to a father of East Indian descent. Trinidad has a lot of people of East Indian and South Asian ancestry and descent. Minaj's racial mixture is what many would classify and call "Dougla", or sometimes coolie.

Old 03-21-2014, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
I am black and we have a blond gene in our family. I have about 6 cousins with naturally blond hair, one guy and 5 girls. Similar to this:

A couple of my great grandparents had blond hair as well. Most American black people have about 20% European ancestry.

One of my cousins who is blond like the pic above is actually half Nigerian!! So we were surprised when he was born with the blond hair as his dad is a very black African man but he must have that recessive gene in his background as well. Odd, but he looks just like his dad but lighter like the child in the pic and he has blonde hair, they are light/dark twins almost.
Most African Americans have anywhere between 20% to 40% European ancestry. Somewhere in that range.

Also another thing to keep in mind is that at times dark skinned Asian and Pacific islander peoples came to the New World as slaves and may have been labelled, categorized or socialized as black or Negro, but genetically these peoples and respective populations cluster genetically with Asians and the furthest removed from Africans. So that's a factor to consider and many of these populations have naturally blond hair and bright orange hair color naturally.

Also 5% of African Americans are said to have no detectable black African ancestry.

And if you have blond hair genes and light skin or mixed features it's obviously of race mixing.

As for Nigerians, Arabs and Europeans made contact with Nigerians dating back to ancient times and many did mix, so that explains lots of it. Which tribe is your cousin's Nigerian parent from? Just curious.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies