Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do You Think Most Blacks Are Trying To Be White?
Yes, Likely They Want To Blend In With Part of Society/Fashion 10 14.93%
Yes, Because They Feel Victimized/Hated Otherwise 3 4.48%
No, This Is Absurd & Possibly Racist To Even Point Out 14 20.90%
No, Only a Small Percentage Do It 22 32.84%
None Of The Above 18 26.87%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2014, 09:41 AM

17,290 posts, read 29,283,316 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post
no its not. its an ass like beyone.

Jennifer Aniston's face and Beyonce's butt: Most requested celebrity looks | Mail Online

like i said, you can think whatever you want. when i see white women dying day after day from skin cancer because they dislike there color so much then i don't see how that isn't self-hatred.

i see white people trying to be like non-whites more then the other way around.

the only ones who dont are the asians who have the common eyelid procedure, but even they are doing some insane **** with lower facial chin surgery.

White people tanning has nothing to do with racial self hatred.

Way back in the day white women would drink special drinks to make their skin MORE white and pale, because the paler you were, the more it showed you were of upper class and did not work. Having a tan is/was also associated in some Asian cultures with being a laborer.

The current obsession with tanning is a 20th century invention, but has nothing to do at all with black people or trying to be "non white." Now it associated amongst white people with being relaxed, vacationed. The sun kissed look like you just spent a week on a beach somewhere, and not working out in the field. The beach look - tan skin and sun-blonded hair look especially popular among young women is not exactly "trying to be a minority"... it's an entirely different phenomena perpetuated by white women for other white women.

I don't know of any white people who want to be dark for the sake of being darker, or because they dislike being white. Maybe that one white girl you see sometimes... the one that gels her hair down to make it look like an African American hairstyle, lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2014, 09:49 AM

17,290 posts, read 29,283,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
I've never actually heard of a white woman wanting to have a big butt or getting butt implants.
There's a billboard in Miami for it - the "Brazilian Butt Lift"... but t's fairly rare. In 2012 there were a reported 858 "butt implants" (as compared to "butt lifts" which is an entirely different thing). No indication of the race of the women getting such a procedure done, but interestingly 13% of those butt implants in 2012 were given to men!

Also some news stories about some ghetto plastic surgery rings being busted up.... at least two in FLorida involving people putting fix-a-flat in their rear-ends, but I'm not sure it's white women visiting a black transsexual in the hood for on-the-cheap butt enhancements:

Woman Gets Cement Injections In Butt: Oneal Ron Morris Charged With Practicing Medicine Without License

Compare also to the really popular procedures... breast implants 286,274 in 2012 alone.

http://www.plasticsurgery.org/Docume...ics-report.pdf

Old 03-21-2014, 09:51 AM

334 posts, read 452,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Look at us now: The black and white twins as they turn seven | Mail Online

Both parents would be "Black" in the US: 1 of of their kids ain't, going by looks.
Not necessarily true. That depends on one's perception over whethe or not they'd be considered black or not in the USA. This happens all the time in families in the USA, and Latin America where children in one family come out with different skin colors and even phenotypes.

Both of those twins' parents are both mixed race. Both of these twins are mixed race.

If the parents are black to you then so are people like Jennifer Lopez black to you?

Old 03-21-2014, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
Except that older blacks will suspect that Remee is a light skinned black who is "passing." It's still visible.
The term passing is stupid. If you look white then you ARE in fact white and have every right to claim such if you desire.

Old 03-21-2014, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
I'll give you that. Tho attitudes are changing since more and more "quadroons" are self "ID'ing" as "white" in 2014 especially since many of them ain't accepted by many dark skin "real" Black people.
Well there have always been quadroons identifying and being openly embraced and accepted as white and mutually identifying as WHITE. That has been happening all throughout history.

Carol Channing is about 1/4 black yet she is still considered white.

Mariah Carey is about 1/4 black, yet she got flack and hate and attacked by black people and black media that labelled her as a WHITE girl trying to sing like a black girl. Smh

Old 03-21-2014, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Californian34 View Post
skin color and features do not determine your blackness. it is cultural and societal. these twins are actually still half and half, like lenny kravitz's daughter, but I could see them identifying as black as they will probably have the black experience.
Lenny Kravitz and Lisa Bonet's daughter is a Jew under Jewish law. And she has identified as mixed race. What quantifies or describes the "black" experience? There is no one universal black experience.

Zoe Kravitz is mixed race and identifies as such.

Old 03-21-2014, 08:19 PM

28,563 posts, read 18,566,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CorderoAries View Post
Black women have always married white men and vice versa and been in relationships and had children. It's very common and always has been.
"Very common" means predominant. You really want to argue that white men marrying black women has always been predominant?

You really want to argue that during the years interracial marriage involving blacks was illegal--and it's been illegal at some point or another in nearly every state and territory of the US all the way up to 1967--that it was "very common" by any reasonable definition of the word?

I remember life before 1967. It was by no means "very common" in the South. If it had been "very common and always has been" why is there now a spike in actual mulatto children that did not occur before the 70s? If it had always been "very common," there would not be a spike. Any sample of "African Americans" taken at any time and anywhere in the US would contain the same percentage of actual mulattos as exists today.

Old 03-21-2014, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Then why did James Brown keep his hair relaxed and sing "Say it again, I'm black and I'm proud"? If James Brown was so proud to be black why did he have relaxed hair? Why did Al Sharpton have relaxed hair? Funny thing also is that many black people frequent Dominican hair salons and beauty shops yet have the nerve to call out Dominicans for self hate issues and straightening hair, yet black people go to them and act jealous that Dominicans are the beat at hair care and give black people a run for their money in the hair department business. Many of the black power movement people often times married outside their race and had mixed race children even though they publicly were racist to whites or spoke out against whites but were in cahoots and having sex with their so called "enemies". Lol smh.
Clearly, you were not there then, were you? You know of some of the public figures, not of the rank and file, and not of that many public figures.

Old 03-21-2014, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Carol Channing is about 1/4 black yet she is still considered white.
If you actually read carefully about Carol Channing, you would also have read that her family was very careful to conceal her black heritage even from her until she was an adult. Why do you think they did that?

Because they would not have been considered white if that had become known.

Old 03-21-2014, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Hmm, didn't you say on another thread that you are in an interracial marriage or relationship and/or have an interracial child or son??
During the late 70s, I was living overseas for several years and did get lonely. My son is interracial, but identifies as black...although he could show his birth certificate and play off being something more exotic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies