Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do You Think Most Blacks Are Trying To Be White?
Yes, Likely They Want To Blend In With Part of Society/Fashion 10 14.93%
Yes, Because They Feel Victimized/Hated Otherwise 3 4.48%
No, This Is Absurd & Possibly Racist To Even Point Out 14 20.90%
No, Only a Small Percentage Do It 22 32.84%
None Of The Above 18 26.87%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2014, 07:42 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,313,769 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.P. McMurphy View Post
Maybe because a majority of the successful black men prefer white women.
Again I say HUH? Do you even know any black people neverless successful ones to validate this crazy claim of yours?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2014, 08:15 PM

162 posts, read 177,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Again I say HUH? Do you even know any black people neverless successful ones to validate this crazy claim of yours?
Open your politically correct eyes and have an honest discussion with yourself for once. I know what I see and I'm not afraid to call a spade a spade...no pun intended of course.

Old 03-29-2014, 08:29 PM

3,875 posts, read 3,869,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
And by the way, Michael Jackson has a skin disease "vitiligo". Look it up!
Sure and that skin disease also gave him a new nose and cleft chin?

Old 03-29-2014, 10:12 PM

6,354 posts, read 3,651,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Negotiator75 View Post
Black people are a beautiful race, they should have nothing to hide or be ashamed of.

Time and time again, we see way too many Black celebrities and regular folks relaxing their hair, making it blonde, getting nose surgery and even waist/hip reductions. It just seems so obvious that many are changing their appearances to look "White".

Racial Psychology: Why Do Black People Want to be White? | The New Observer

Is it social pressure? The media? Is it because 90% of commercials on television use White actors?

What is the main influence.. what is going on?

http://s12.postimg.org/ehevuzv95/101...54708628_n.jpg
R&B Singer/Movie Star Beyonce

http://s12.postimg.org/94q1gv7cp/Mic...8211_1_402.jpg
Pop Singer Michael Jackson

http://s12.postimg.org/ra2zux6ux/nic...collection.jpg
Rapper Nikki Minaj

http://s12.postimg.org/f4dskis55/s_S...SKIN_large.jpg
Ex-Baseball Player Sammy Sosa

Treat me with respect on this subject, I am an Iraq veteran and I am also black.

So what are black people so afraid of? Do they feel that they need to be accepted in a "White World"?
White women also relax their hair, and white women curl their hair.
White women dye their hair different colors.
And white women go to tanning salons to get darker skin.
(And white men also do the same things.)

Here in New Orleans some young white people wear their pants low and wear hats (in the style of low income black men.)

And here in New Orleans the young white people always imitate black people, whether its saying "what's up?", calling their friends "son", giving skin instead of a handshake, or giving each other gangster 1/2 hugs, ex.ex.ex..

So many white people also use the styles of black people.

Why do so many black American women and men seem to be adapting more white styles?

Perhaps its simply "American" culture. White people dominate/control American TV and magazines, and young black Americans grow up seeing white styles (and seeing many -successful- black Americans using white styles.)

Or perhaps they adapt white styles to be more accepted in a racist white America?

Beyonce is a famous singer and movie star, and she may sometimes use white styles to be accepted by all of America. But Beyonce often wears her hair in (major) curls, and she often wears her hair in (major) braids.

Michael Jackson is just weird.

And Nikki Minaj is black, but she changes her looks in major ways. But many white women also change their natural looks in major ways too. Maybe she just likes that style, and likes to impress her European fans.

And Sammy Sosa has some sort of mental illness for bleaching his skin like that.

I remember that movie where the young black man, got turned into a rich old white man. At the end of the movie he got turned into a young black man again. He was yelling and yelling for a taxi cab to stop for him, but all the taxi cabs just passed him by, then he yelled "I'm black again, I'm black again, thank God I'm black again."

Some white people will copy black styles, and some black people will copy white styles. But living in New Orleans I can say this, there are many black people who are still black (and they don't want to be white.)

I don't think we need to worry about black people becoming white, rather we need to worry about republicans totally destroying this country.

Chad.

Last edited by chad3; 03-29-2014 at 10:22 PM..

Old 03-29-2014, 10:38 PM

3,620 posts, read 3,833,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antarez View Post
Sure and that skin disease also gave him a new nose and cleft chin?
many people have facial plastic surgery. you have no point.

Old 03-30-2014, 01:15 AM

138 posts, read 328,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Agreed tho word is MOST Mexicans; IF asked what race, they'll say they're "white", NOT Indian or mixed.
Actually most Mexicans call themselves Mexican or Hispanic. Mexicans do generally consider "Mexican" to be their race.

Old 03-30-2014, 01:54 AM

1,392 posts, read 2,132,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by R.P. McMurphy View Post
Open your politically correct eyes and have an honest discussion with yourself for once. I know what I see and I'm not afraid to call a spade a spade...no pun intended of course.
You should provide statistics validating your observations. Why won't you post stats showing the interracial marriage rate of Black men earning over a certain income to prove your point? You can start here:

http://www.pewsocialtrends.org/files...arriage-II.pdf

Old 03-30-2014, 06:56 AM

28,660 posts, read 18,761,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by X14Freak View Post
You should provide statistics validating your observations. Why won't you post stats showing the interracial marriage rate of Black men earning over a certain income to prove your point? You can start here:

http://www.pewsocialtrends.org/files...arriage-II.pdf

From that document:
Quote:
As for white female newlyweds, those who married a Hispanic or black husband had somewhat lower combined earnings than those who “married in,”
That suggests the set of black men marrying white women is not, on average, more successful than the set of black men marrying black women.

Old 03-30-2014, 07:38 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,894,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Azteca View Post
Actually most Mexicans call themselves Mexican or Hispanic. Mexicans do generally consider "Mexican" to be their race.
Mexican people can say what they want but; they're NOT a "race", they're usually a mix of white, Indian and many times have Black in their DNA. I've met many who are def "white", too.

Old 03-30-2014, 09:25 AM

810 posts, read 1,448,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad3 View Post

I don't think we need to worry about black people becoming white, rather we need to worry about republicans totally destroying this country.

Chad.
Compared to what? Haven't you been reading the news?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies