Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
2,500,000 members. Thank you!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
View Poll Results: Do You Think Most Blacks Are Trying To Be White?
Yes, Likely They Want To Blend In With Part of Society/Fashion 10 14.93%
Yes, Because They Feel Victimized/Hated Otherwise 3 4.48%
No, This Is Absurd & Possibly Racist To Even Point Out 14 20.90%
No, Only a Small Percentage Do It 22 32.84%
None Of The Above 18 26.87%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 03-30-2014, 04:29 PM
 
138 posts, read 326,626 times
Reputation: 142

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Mexican people can say what they want but; they're NOT a "race", they're usually a mix of white, Indian and many times have Black in their DNA. I've met many who are def "white", too.
I've met plenty of Mexicans who are Pure Indian too, what's your point?

The fact of the matter is that Mexican is synonymous with Mestizo/Indigenous, just as German can be synonymous with white European. I never understood why white Americans found this concept hard to grasp. It's really not.

Also, there is such thing as the Mexican race.

Race: A group of people united or classified together on the basis of common history, nationality, or geographic distribution: the Mexican race.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-30-2014, 04:32 PM
 
Location: The Land of Reason
13,221 posts, read 12,241,519 times
Reputation: 3554
Quote:
Originally Posted by R.P. McMurphy View Post
Open your politically correct eyes and have an honest discussion with yourself for once. I know what I see and I'm not afraid to call a spade a spade...no pun intended of course.
What does politicas have to do with anything? I think that I have a slight edge over you in this matter since I have been black for over 50 years and have live around them for almost just as much. To this day I have never known (except for the previous examples that I gave earlier) any black person that wanted to be white. There are many that openly admit to wanting to be accepted by white society, just as there are those who can care less if they are or not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-30-2014, 04:36 PM
 
Location: The Land of Reason
13,221 posts, read 12,241,519 times
Reputation: 3554
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
From that document:


That suggests the set of black men marrying white women is not, on average, more successful than the set of black men marrying black women.

What you are reading is a statistic that came AFTER the fact and not BEFORE it. In otherwords, Blackmen who marry white women are not doing it consciously in order to become more successful, it is just something that SOMETIMES happens.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-30-2014, 04:53 PM
 
28,542 posts, read 18,501,219 times
Reputation: 30776
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
What you are reading is a statistic that came AFTER the fact and not BEFORE it. In otherwords, Blackmen who marry white women are not doing it consciously in order to become more successful, it is just something that SOMETIMES happens.
That's not even the question.

The assertion was: Most successful black men marry white women.

So a statistic showing that white women had a lower combined income after marrying black men than black women had after marrying black men indicates that (on the average) the black men that black women are marrying are more successful than the black men the white women are marrying.

Even if we concede that a large percentage of extremely high-income black men are marrying white women, the statistics suggest that those are being offset by much larger numbers of "merely successful" black men who are marrying black women.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-30-2014, 04:59 PM
 
11,850 posts, read 6,439,958 times
Reputation: 13807
There are plenty of white women with frizzy hair who use relaxers.
There are plenty of white women who have injections to puff up their lips.
There are plenty of white women who have surgery and or liposuction to reduce their hip and waist size or to increase their breast size or give them fuller hips and derrière.
There are plenty of white women who spend a fortune at tanning salons to darken their skin.

Are they all trying to be black?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-30-2014, 06:03 PM
 
Location: The Land of Reason
13,221 posts, read 12,241,519 times
Reputation: 3554
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
That's not even the question.

The assertion was: Most successful black men marry white women.

So a statistic showing that white women had a lower combined income after marrying black men than black women had after marrying black men indicates that (on the average) the black men that black women are marrying are more successful than the black men the white women are marrying.

Even if we concede that a large percentage of extremely high-income black men are marrying white women, the statistics suggest that those are being offset by much larger numbers of "merely successful" black men who are marrying black women.

What is the factor in determining success? Are you talking about income, education, employment ect? If you are talking about entertainers/atheletes that can alter your numbers because they are wealthy and employed but are not necessarily educated. this also does not apply to the black elite, who rarely marry outside of their race and they are educated, wealthy and employed. So where exactly are you getting your information from?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-30-2014, 06:25 PM
 
20,524 posts, read 15,789,761 times
Reputation: 5943
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Azteca View Post
I've met plenty of Mexicans who are Pure Indian too, what's your point?

The fact of the matter is that Mexican is synonymous with Mestizo/Indigenous, just as German can be synonymous with white European. I never understood why white Americans found this concept hard to grasp. It's really not.

Also, there is such thing as the Mexican race.

Race: A group of people united or classified together on the basis of common history, nationality, or geographic distribution: the Mexican race.
A Mexican is a citizen of Mexico under the law there. Mitt Romney's cousins living IN Mexico are just as "Mexican" as a full blood Aztec Indian.

German: the Vice Chancellor there is a German of full Asian family, he was adopted out of Vietnam when a baby.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-30-2014, 06:39 PM
 
24,834 posts, read 37,152,017 times
Reputation: 11538
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Azteca View Post
I've met plenty of Mexicans who are Pure Indian too, what's your point?

The fact of the matter is that Mexican is synonymous with Mestizo/Indigenous, just as German can be synonymous with white European. I never understood why white Americans found this concept hard to grasp. It's really not.

Also, there is such thing as the Mexican race.

Race: A group of people united or classified together on the basis of common history, nationality, or geographic distribution: the Mexican race.
When did Mexican become a race??

It is a culture.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-30-2014, 06:41 PM
 
28,542 posts, read 18,501,219 times
Reputation: 30776
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
What is the factor in determining success? Are you talking about income, education, employment ect? If you are talking about entertainers/atheletes that can alter your numbers because they are wealthy and employed but are not necessarily educated. this also does not apply to the black elite, who rarely marry outside of their race and they are educated, wealthy and employed. So where exactly are you getting your information from?
You're peachin' to the deacon.

I did not make that assertion, R.P. McMurphy did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.P. McMurphy View Post
Maybe because a majority of the successful black men prefer white women.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
Bull.
Quote:
Originally Posted by R.P. McMurphy View Post
Check out who a majority of black athletes and rappers end up dating. Even JayZ got himself a light skinned black girl. For every white man who doesn't like seeing a white woman with a black guy, there are just as many black men and women who flip out when one of theirs dates outside their race. Black women are in crisis mode now since most successful black men chase white women. Why do you think they have been straightening their hair for the last three decades?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
How many black professional athletes--athletes paying their mortgages by sports--do you think there are in the United States? About 2,000 total. That counts even the baseball minor leagues and all the retired athletes living on their endorsements. How many rappers are there paying their mortgages with their records? Even fewer--less than 800. How many black actors paying their mortgages with acting gigs? Less than 800.

How many black lawyers are there? About 250,000. How many black doctors? About 300,000. How many black computer programmers? About 400,000. How many black architects? About 100,000. Look in your own city. Look at a city like Chicago that has multiple sports teams--the black doctors and lawyers still outnumber the black athletes. And of course, most cities with a significant black population will have a few black doctors and lawyers even without any sports teams at all.

What makes athletes and rappers the only "successful" blacks in the country? That's simply a lie. And the great majority of those successful million+ blacks are married to other blacks, not to whites.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-31-2014, 10:46 PM
 
Location: The Land of Reason
13,221 posts, read 12,241,519 times
Reputation: 3554
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
You're peachin' to the deacon.

I did not make that assertion, R.P. McMurphy did.

Oops, my fault, I think that it was the Rs and it's getting late
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2024, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top