Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do You Think Most Blacks Are Trying To Be White?
Yes, Likely They Want To Blend In With Part of Society/Fashion 10 14.93%
Yes, Because They Feel Victimized/Hated Otherwise 3 4.48%
No, This Is Absurd & Possibly Racist To Even Point Out 14 20.90%
No, Only a Small Percentage Do It 22 32.84%
None Of The Above 18 26.87%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2014, 11:22 PM

57,022 posts, read 34,991,358 times

Advertisements

Lol...wow.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2014, 02:32 AM

8,572 posts, read 8,459,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Too; many of the younger Black ladies ARE stepping up like as in talking proper, dropping "attitude" and otherwise taking care of business. ALL of those things WILL improve their prospects for marriage and kids even IF it means "marrying out".

Except that they don't seem too interested in white men. Of those who recently married only 9% chose non black men.

Link is elsewhere on this topic.

Old 04-01-2014, 06:54 AM

17,290 posts, read 29,279,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caribny View Post
Except that they don't seem too interested in white men. Of those who recently married only 9% chose non black men.

Link is elsewhere on this topic.

Interesting stats:

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2...ml?ref=us&_r=0

If I'm reading this correctly, the number of black women who "marry out" is actually higher than the number of white women who do the same, despite the perception that black women do not marry out.

Old 04-01-2014, 08:04 AM

28,559 posts, read 18,560,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Interesting stats:

If I'm reading this correctly, the number of black women who "marry out" is actually higher than the number of white women who do the same, despite the perception that black women do not marry out.
You also have to look, however, at the sizes of the populations they're marrying into. The pool of white people is five times the size of the pool of black people.

For black people--either male or female--who live and/or work outside the concentrated black urban areas, the vast majority of their contacts are white people. Yet, only fifty-eight out of 1000 black women married into a white population of (proportionately) 5,000. Black women are not substantially marrying into the immensely larger pool of white men.

For white people, only a small minority (smaller than the overall 1/5) are black people. Forty-four out of 1000 white women married into a black population of (proportionately) 200 (because there are five times more white people than black people). White woman are marrying significantly more into a much smaller pool of black men.

When I say "marrying into" in this context, I'm not inferring whether it's the male or female of either race that is the initator of the relationship.

Old 04-01-2014, 10:32 AM

25,915 posts, read 24,563,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Negotiator75 View Post
Black people are a beautiful race, they should have nothing to hide or be ashamed of.

Time and time again, we see way too many Black celebrities and regular folks relaxing their hair, making it blonde, getting nose surgery and even waist/hip reductions. It just seems so obvious that many are changing their appearances to look "White".

Racial Psychology: Why Do Black People Want to be White? | The New Observer

Is it social pressure? The media? Is it because 90% of commercials on television use White actors?

What is the main influence.. what is going on?

http://s12.postimg.org/ehevuzv95/101...54708628_n.jpg
R&B Singer/Movie Star Beyonce

http://s12.postimg.org/94q1gv7cp/Mic...8211_1_402.jpg
Pop Singer Michael Jackson

http://s12.postimg.org/ra2zux6ux/nic...collection.jpg
Rapper Nikki Minaj

http://s12.postimg.org/f4dskis55/s_S...SKIN_large.jpg
Ex-Baseball Player Sammy Sosa

Treat me with respect on this subject, I am an Iraq veteran and I am also black.

So what are black people so afraid of? Do they feel that they need to be accepted in a "White World"?
If that is still the case, I hope that will go away one day. To me African-American culture (most of all music) and people (i.e. women ) have always been the only interesting "thing" about the US.

Old 04-01-2014, 10:56 AM

17,290 posts, read 29,279,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
You also have to look, however, at the sizes of the populations they're marrying into. The pool of white people is five times the size of the pool of black people.

For black people--either male or female--who live and/or work outside the concentrated black urban areas, the vast majority of their contacts are white people. Yet, only fifty-eight out of 1000 black women married into a white population of (proportionately) 5,000. Black women are not substantially marrying into the immensely larger pool of white men.

For white people, only a small minority (smaller than the overall 1/5) are black people. Forty-four out of 1000 white women married into a black population of (proportionately) 200 (because there are five times more white people than black people). White woman are marrying significantly more into a much smaller pool of black men.

I agree and disagree.

The EFFECT of the white women marrying into the black community is felt larger than the EFFECT of black women marrying into a larger white community. That is true.

But that's true of any white person's affect on the minority community they "marry into" vs. the opposite direction.

And, it doesn't change the RAW numbers. White folks still remain the most likely to marry their own. Most likely because they tend to have access to more of their own to choose from. Indeed, studies show that the hugely disproportionate Asian M v. F outmarriage rate is going down as increased Asian immigration provides more Asian partners to choose from.

Old 04-02-2014, 12:35 PM

28,559 posts, read 18,560,412 times
Quote:
And, it doesn't change the RAW numbers. White folks still remain the most likely to marry their own. Most likely because they tend to have access to more of their own to choose from. Indeed, studies show that the hugely disproportionate Asian M v. F outmarriage rate is going down as increased Asian immigration provides more Asian partners to choose from.
Presuming trends by raw numbers is most often misleading. But even in consideration of the raw numbers, black women marrying white men is influenced by the same factor you mention: If they do so, it's because in their own individual social circles, there are considerably more marriageable white men to choose from.

Old 04-02-2014, 08:44 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,815,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
Presuming trends by raw numbers is most often misleading. But even in consideration of the raw numbers, black women marrying white men is influenced by the same factor you mention: If they do so, it's because in their own individual social circles, there are considerably more marriageable white men to choose from.
Agreed and decent Black dudes who take care of business DON'T stay single real long since they've got the whole "dinner table" of ladies select from in 2014.

Old 04-02-2014, 08:58 PM

1,637 posts, read 1,872,590 times
What's up with whites that call black people "bro"? Whenever I see this, the black guy smiles and is thinking to himself " You phony white idiot, I'm laughing at you not with you". Then the white dude proceeds to attempt to speak more like said black person. People should just be themselves. When I deal with other races, I dont change my tone..and address them by either their first name, or sir/maam.

Old 04-02-2014, 09:12 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,209,223 times
Quote:
Interesting stats:

Strange, Pew Research found a completely different situation at hand. Black women are the least likely to marry out according to their research.

The Rise of Intermarriage - Page 2 | Pew Research Center

http://www.pewsocialtrends.org/files...arriage-06.png
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies