U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do You Think Most Blacks Are Trying To Be White?
Yes, Likely They Want To Blend In With Part of Society/Fashion 10 14.93%
Yes, Because They Feel Victimized/Hated Otherwise 3 4.48%
No, This Is Absurd & Possibly Racist To Even Point Out 14 20.90%
No, Only a Small Percentage Do It 22 32.84%
None Of The Above 18 26.87%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2014, 10:33 AM

25,053 posts, read 27,473,284 times

Advertisements

I say No, just a small percentage (I'd say less than 1%)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2014, 10:36 AM

2,776 posts, read 3,539,828 times

Old 02-21-2014, 10:39 AM

2,177 posts, read 1,712,254 times
Personally, I feel it has nothing to do with wanting to be white. Why cannot it simply not be a personal choice without the wanting to be white implication?

Old 02-21-2014, 12:32 PM

24,657 posts, read 38,164,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erratikmind View Post
Personally, I feel it has nothing to do with wanting to be white. Why cannot it simply not be a personal choice without the wanting to be white implication?
Because things are not that simple.

Old 02-21-2014, 12:45 PM

6,895 posts, read 4,675,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Meh..black folks have insecurities like like everyone else.

This is a white world and that world exalts the Caucasian/white beauty standard.

Doesn't bother me..just the way it is.

When some guy gushes about how some girl "has blonde hair and blue eyes"...I always laugh because I don't get what that's supposed to mean. When I lived in Europe, women in the South of the continent were FAR .hotter than the ones up north.

But here, I guess those traits make you automatically a hottie Lol..not..
Blonde hair and blue eyes have always been an attractive trait for white men.

Old 02-21-2014, 12:58 PM

8,732 posts, read 6,688,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
And by the way, Michael Jackson has a skin disease "vitiligo". Look it up!
Michael Jackson HAD a skin disease called "vitiligo". He died June 25, 2009. Look it up!!!

Old 02-21-2014, 01:06 PM

5,366 posts, read 6,204,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
Blonde hair and blue eyes have always been an attractive trait for white men.
And Hispanic guys. If I had a nickel for every Hispanic male/female that looked into my eyes and told me how gorgeously blue they are, I'd have a whole lot of nickels.

Asians are completely different though. I have never gotten a compliment on my eye color from Asians. Even my Chinese boyfriend of 4 years never even once gave me a compliment on my eyes. Even last week when we were hanging out a friend of ours complimented me on my blue eyes and his response was "I never took notice".

Old 02-21-2014, 01:09 PM

5,366 posts, read 6,204,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erratikmind View Post
I kind of think this too. We all just have to do what we can to be happy with ourselves. The only thing I get funny feelings about is the colored contacts that Samy Sosa wears. Colored contacts have not reached a level of quality yet where they look real. People who wear them kind of look like clowns. lol.

Old 02-21-2014, 01:12 PM

24,657 posts, read 38,164,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CravingMountains View Post
And Hispanic guys. If I had a nickel for every Hispanic male/female that looked into my eyes and told me how gorgeously blue they are, I'd have a whole lot of nickels.

Asians are completely different though. I have never gotten a compliment on my eye color from Asians. Even my Chinese boyfriend of 4 years never even once gave me a compliment on my eyes. Even last week when we were hanging out a friend of ours complimented me on my blue eyes and his response was "I never took notice".
As I've repeatedly said, Latin America is very much a Eurocentric, white supremacist culture.

Old 02-21-2014, 01:47 PM

8,732 posts, read 6,688,959 times
It seems to me that blacks can't win when it comes to "looks". Damned if they do, damned if they don't.

Go blonde, highlights, straighten their hair, add extensions, speak proper English, put on a white shirt, tie and a three piece suit -ooohhhh, why are they trying to look/act white?
Natural hair, possibly wearing some jewelry or having their hair in braids that is cultural - ooooohhhh, why do they have to be so black?

Why aren't people critical of white women who take pride in their looks? Why shouldn't black women take as much pride in how they look? Why shouldn't black women have the same choices as white women when it comes to plastic surgery, makeup, hair, style? Plastic surgery is meant to enhance or correct what one sees or perceives as a flaw. If a black person wants to have plastic surgery on their nose because their nose is "too black", does that mean that every white woman who had plastic surgery did it because they didn't want people to think they were "Jewish" or "too Jewish". White women (and men) seem to have a lot of flaws since they are the very ones who spend the most money on plastic surgery. White women are also very competitive amongst them selves when it comes to "looks" and I tend to think black women are as well.

Why don't people just let people be who they are without "tagging" or labelling them as trying to do something or being something or someone they aren't? I believe that if something is going to make an individual feel better about themselves personally and appearance-wise, then go and do it and don't give a thought as to what other people think.

Socially I think white people could up their appearance by a few notches. I have never seen so many slobs (male and female) in my life. Jeans, stretch pants, tee-shirts seems to be the uniform of the day for both men and women and a dress/skirt and decent casual pants and shirts are a thing of the past.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies