Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do You Think Most Blacks Are Trying To Be White?
Yes, Likely They Want To Blend In With Part of Society/Fashion 10 14.93%
Yes, Because They Feel Victimized/Hated Otherwise 3 4.48%
No, This Is Absurd & Possibly Racist To Even Point Out 14 20.90%
No, Only a Small Percentage Do It 22 32.84%
None Of The Above 18 26.87%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2014, 05:47 PM

28,648 posts, read 18,737,989 times

Advertisements

I don't know how many people here remember Curtiss Mayfield's "Choice of Colors."

If before being born we were shown the US as it is and given a choice of being born either black or white into it, who would honestly choose to be black?

The motivations to look as white as possible are not the same as the motivations to look as black as possible (as though anyone was doing that).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2014, 05:49 PM

3,620 posts, read 3,831,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
White people trying to be black...black people trying to be white...we always want what we don't have. That's why we want it.
your right. the number 1 desirable trait white women want is an ass like beyonce. do white women hate themselves because there bodies are normally stick figures with no curves and they wish they had curves like beyonce, or do they just want curves like beyonce? i lean towards the latter.

same with black women and straightening hair.

this thread is subtle racism trying to convince people to believe that white features are better, yet they dont explain lip injections, breast implants, butt implants and risking skin cancer to be dark.

Old 02-22-2014, 05:53 PM

38,641 posts, read 26,348,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprite97 View Post
Michael Jackson had a skin disease and he wore a wig.

Wannabewhiteitis?

Old 02-22-2014, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Wannabewhiteitis?
its called vitiligo. former vikings coach karl dunbar also has it.

Old 02-22-2014, 06:01 PM

28,648 posts, read 18,737,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post
your right. the number 1 desirable trait white women want is an ass like beyonce.
No, it isn't. It's blonde hair.

Quote:
Did you know the first self-made female black millionaire was the woman who discovered a safe formula for straightening black hair?

Quote:
this thread is subtle racism trying to convince people to believe that white features are better, yet they dont explain lip injections, breast implants, butt implants and risking skin cancer to be dark.
Some of us are old enough to remember its roots--it really is born of a self-hatred that American culture has spent 200 years working to embed into us. A recent few years of white women injecting a little Botox is not in any way comparable to what has been going on with American culture against black people for 200 years:

Thomas Jefferson on the black physique:

Quote:
The first difference which strikes us is that of colour. - Whether the black of the negro resides in the reticular membrane between the skin and scarf-skin, or in the scarf-skin itself; whether it proceeds from the colour of the blood, the colour of the bile, or from that of some other secretion, the difference is fixed in nature, and is as real as if its seat and cause were better known to us. And is this difference of no importance? Is it not the foundation of a greater or less share of beauty in the two races?

Are not the fine mixtures of red and white, the expressions of every passion by greater or less suffusions of colour in the one, preferable to that eternal monotony, which reigns in the countenances, that immovable veil of black which covers all the emotions of the other race? Add to these, flowing hair, a more elegant symmetry of form, their own judgment in favour of the whites, declared by their preference of them, as uniformly as is the preference of the orangutan for the black women over those of his own species.

The circumstance of Superior beauty, is thought worthy attention in the propagation of our horses, dogs, and other domestic animals; why not in that of man? Besides those of colour, figure, and hair, there are other physical distinctions proving a difference of race. They have less hair on the face and body. They secrete less by the kidneys, and more by the glands of the skin, which gives them a very strong and disagreeable odour.
That crap has been going on for a long time in this country.

Old 02-22-2014, 06:09 PM

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post
your right. the number 1 desirable trait white women want is an ass like beyonce. do white women hate themselves because there bodies are normally stick figures with no curves and they wish they had curves like beyonce, or do they just want curves like beyonce? i lean towards the latter.

never mind the whole "black/urban culture" that is essentially black culture appropriated by white men especially, egged on by certain blacks selling them a lie as to what it means to be black/hood/urban, just in the name of profit.

i'm mixed...i see both sides.

what i see are those with low self esteem defining themselves by the "other" and trying to be more like them as a way of escaping themselves.

guess what ladies, black or white? you'll never escape who you are. embrace it and i bet the beauty you seek shall find its way to you.

otherwise you'll always be ugly. doesn't matter how attractive you make yourself.

Old 02-22-2014, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
No, it isn't. It's blonde hair.

Did you know the first self-made female black millionaire was the woman who discovered a safe formula for straightening black hair?

Some of us are old enough to remember its roots--it really is born of a self-hatred that American culture has spent 200 years working to embed into us. A recent few years of white women injecting a little Botox is not in any way comparable to what has been going on with American culture against black people for 200 years:

Thomas Jefferson on the black physique:

That crap has been going on for a long time in this country.

no its not. its an ass like beyone.

Jennifer Aniston's face and Beyonce's butt: Most requested celebrity looks | Mail Online

like i said, you can think whatever you want. when i see white women dying day after day from skin cancer because they dislike there color so much then i don't see how that isn't self-hatred.

i see white people trying to be like non-whites more then the other way around.

the only ones who dont are the asians who have the common eyelid procedure, but even they are doing some insane **** with lower facial chin surgery.

Old 02-22-2014, 06:15 PM

8,928 posts, read 14,321,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
I don't know how many people here remember Curtiss Mayfield's "Choice of Colors."

If before being born we were shown the US as it is and given a choice of being born either black or white into it, who would honestly choose to be black?

The motivations to look as white as possible are not the same as the motivations to look as black as possible (as though anyone was doing that).
A better question to ask would be: "if given the choice to start over, would you choose white or black?" I would choose black, and I'm sure the overwhelming majority of blacks would as well.

Old 02-22-2014, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
never mind the whole "black/urban culture" that is essentially black culture appropriated by white men especially, egged on by certain blacks selling them a lie as to what it means to be black/hood/urban, just in the name of profit.

i'm mixed...i see both sides.

what i see are those with low self esteem defining themselves by the "other" and trying to be more like them as a way of escaping themselves.

guess what ladies, black or white? you'll never escape who you are. embrace it and i bet the beauty you seek shall find its way to you.

otherwise you'll always be ugly. doesn't matter how attractive you make yourself.

i disagree. i say do what you want to do.

im just annoyed that white people say just because a black person wants a lighter skin tone or blonde hair that she hates who she is.

yet, a white women can sit in a tanning bed all day trying to get dark and get a butt implant that she doesnt hate who she is.

white conservative males play the supremacy angle, i dont.

Old 02-22-2014, 06:36 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,307,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Californian34 View Post
to be fair, that is a totally different culture.
Maybe so, but what is prevalent in one country usually has some connections to other countries as well. The main difference of what is happening with Africans an d what is happening to blacks in this country is the fact that they have no shame in actually admitting to what centuries of colonization has done to them. Here in America, many will not "fess up" to their true intentions because of the fear of being labeled as a "Sambo" or "Uncle Tom" which are terms that are not familiar in Africa
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies