Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2014, 09:47 AM

10,581 posts, read 9,781,638 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by e30is View Post
Piers Morgan is the reason why libs and progs can't be taken seriously.
No, liberalism is the reason why libs and progs can't be taken seriously.

Morgan is just one of the sillier advocates thereof.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2014, 09:53 AM

15,080 posts, read 14,321,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
Who's Alex Jones?
Seriously?

Old 02-21-2014, 10:11 AM

2,737 posts, read 3,164,069 times
Quote:
Who's Alex Jones?
Alex Jones on the BBC last year talking about the Bilderberg Group

BBC News - Bilderberg: Alex Jones disrupts BBC's Sunday Politics

Old 02-21-2014, 02:43 PM

7,006 posts, read 6,992,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
What I don't understand is- why is he still on air?
Any TV show in the US that pulls in such retched numbers would've been cancelled a long time ago.
What's the reason for this? Is it because they are cable stations?
Well, I think I found the answer to my own question-

It's Not Enough to Boycott A&E, You Have to Cancel Your Cable
If you are wondering why low-rated cable television shows and networks not only stay alive but also manage to be profitable, it is due to the bundled cable racket that forces over a hundred million Americans to pay for dozens of channels they don't like and/or watch.

This racket has been so perfected that not only is failure rewarded, the networks can pretty much broadcast whatever they like because ratings don't matter all that much. And when you have 100 channels owned by a half-dozen or so multi-nationals, they are also pretty much boycott proof.

It is a simple and sad fact that America is already not-watching CNN, MSNBC, Jon Stewart, and others, but they still have an impact because Big Entertainment makes billions from bundled cable and can therefore afford to keep them on the air. The left-wing monopoly on our culture is subsidized not by popular acclaim but by bundled cable.

Related:
Who Owns The Media?
These 6 Corporations Control 90% Of The Media In America
Why Cable Boycotts Don't Work

Old 02-21-2014, 02:45 PM

16,431 posts, read 22,194,526 times
Please somebody shut up Morgan.

Old 02-21-2014, 03:08 PM

24,404 posts, read 23,056,554 times
Morgan's a kind of modern day Lord Haw Haw.

Old 02-21-2014, 03:48 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,218,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
Morgan's a kind of modern day Lord Haw Haw.
That made my day!!

Old 02-21-2014, 03:51 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,725,169 times
Don't like him? Don't watch.

I don't care for Maddow, Hannity or Sharpton. Rather than complain about them, I don't watch them.

Old 02-21-2014, 04:22 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,591,034 times
Piers Morgan is a useless fraud and media shill

From The Guardian:
Piers Morgan, the tabloid editor turned US television star, has said the inspiration for his vehement anti-gun campaigning was the grumpy hero of Aaron Sorkin’s television programme, The Newsroom.
In an interview in Saturday’s Weekend magazine, Morgan said he decided to make gun control a more central focus of the CNN talkshow he took over in 2011 after watching Jeff Daniels’s character, Will McEvoy, making a frustrated outburst about passionless television reporting in the first episode of The Newsroom.
“I had been talking about the guns thing from almost the moment I’d come on air,” the former Daily Mirror editor told the Guardian. “Then, after Aurora, the movie theatre massacre, came Sandy Hook. I was incredibly, embeddedly passionate and angry and emotional about it. You can’t not be.”
There’s just one problem with this: it’s not real. President Obama actually made a joke about Aaron Sorkin and how the MSM would love for Obama to act more like Sorkin’s characters

Piers Morgan's Inspiration? A Fake Newscaster | National Review Online

Old 02-21-2014, 04:25 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,591,034 times
Quote:
Who's Alex Jones?
he's a paid CIA media shill whose agenda includes ridiculing and discrediting Americans who dare question the military industrial complex.
His budget is well-funded, and always will be.

Cointelpro

American corporate media is scripted and controlled. Ever since 911, and prolly before
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies