Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-21-2014, 11:28 AM

9,961 posts, read 17,524,172 times

Advertisements

Half of posts on this forum is basically old grumps calling young people different versions of the word "knucklheads"--yet when the First Lady does it, suddenly it's a big deal and noteworthy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2014, 11:29 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,738,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
Do you have any statistics that are about how many young people use the Emergency Room for Primary Care? Go ahead and include all the people that use Emergency Rooms for everything.
CDC has all sorts of stats. The heaviest users of the ER are older people covered by Medicare. The next highest group where those aged 18-44 no different than 0-17. The age group with the fewest ER visits was the 45-64 group.

20% of all adults used the ER in the past 12 months. 13% of all visits resulted in admission.

According to this CDC report, ER visits by the uninsured were no more common than those with insurance.

FASTSTATS - Emergency Department Visits
About the only thing reasonably certain is that most people will use the ER at some point in time.

Old 02-21-2014, 11:35 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,782,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
This entire thread got nothing IF you are all worked up over the word knucklehead.

Jeezus.
Ok, if you say so, knucklehead.

Just to be clear, it's NOT about the word per se, it's about using a word that means "stupid person" and referring to a segment of society that is considered stupid because they didn't enroll in ACA. YOU see it being about a "word", I see a bigger picture, it is a poor reference to a segment of our society. Two different views.

Old 02-21-2014, 11:36 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
Ok, if you say so, knucklehead.

Just to be clear, it's NOT about the word per se, it's about using a word that means "stupid person" and referring to a segment of society that is considered stupid because they didn't enroll in ACA. YOU see it being about a "word", I see a bigger picture, it is a poor reference to a segment of our society. Two different views.
It should be about her being disingenuous about the costs.

Old 02-21-2014, 11:40 AM

1,782 posts, read 2,138,992 times
You *******s miss -- as always -- the point of this thread.

It's not just the name-calling, it's the clear belief on the part of Moochelle and the rest of you that We the People are not smart enough to rule ourselves and need people like her and her husband to think for us.

Old 02-21-2014, 11:41 AM

4,837 posts, read 4,167,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sargentodiaz View Post
You *******s miss -- as always -- the point of this thread.

It's not just the name-calling, it's the clear belief on the part of Moochelle and the rest of you that We the People are not smart enough to rule ourselves and need people like her and her husband to think for us.
Well let's be honest, taking the con population on this forum, it's not hard to believe they aren't smart enough to think for themselves.

Old 02-21-2014, 11:42 AM

9,617 posts, read 6,064,273 times
Mrs Obama is correct. How else can their vote(s) for hope and change.

Old 02-21-2014, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I saw the video. She was talking about young people who think they are indestructible. It is true, when people are young they think nothing will ever happen to them. If you did not feel that way, then you are an exception rather than the rule. Look at the those young snowboarders etc in the Olympics. They are crazy knuckleheads, and I was just like them when I was young.
LOL, I was very much a part of the rule.

I get what you are saying. But at 34 I was much wiser than I was when I was 24 and at 24 I was much wiser than when I was 20. Depending on one's life experiences, or lack of, wisdom can come early or late (and for some never!!!). Didn't it work that way for you? The older you got, the wiser you got?

Old 02-21-2014, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by northnut View Post
Mmmm, yes. Who are the ones crying hysterically about a word? One hint: it's not me or any liberals, it's you cons. Why? Because you have nothing else.
I'm a con?? I didn't get the memo!!!

So what you are saying is: "you're pathetic, so I'm going to be more pathetic".

Old 02-21-2014, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
It should be about her being disingenuous about the costs.
I bet she doesn't have a clue about the costs. Why would she?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies