Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2014, 09:07 AM

4,520 posts, read 4,207,602 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJA View Post
I've actually asked this question several places. I'm sure there are other blacks besides me on this board. In fact I know there are seeing as I have been a member here for about 7 years.
You seem to think that black people blindly love Obama. While I'm sure some do, I'm sure that many more are displeased with certain aspects of his Presidency. I'm actually a LOT more fiscally conservative than the Democratic party, however I've always voted for a Dem candidate and will continue to do so unless the Republican party makes a drastic change. A viable middle ground Independent candidate would be very welcome.

And I'm not sure why black people are brought to task for their support of Obama. Do white people question "their people" about the failings of the last 43 white Presidents?

For black people, who typically vote Democrat anyway, was there really a viable alternative?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2014, 09:09 AM

1,743 posts, read 1,658,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post
still wont answer the question. what is going on, and how do you know so much more then everybody else.
So you think everything is going smooth and perfect in America? You think there is nothing wrong ?

Old 02-21-2014, 09:09 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,707,495 times
According to the facts, black unemployment has been twice that of white unemployment for 60 years.

Black unemployment rate is consistently twice that of whites | Pew Research Center

Old 02-21-2014, 09:10 AM

9,127 posts, read 7,939,644 times
Quote:
Who said I wanted to them to join another party? I just think people should educate themselves before they stand up and defend politicians. Obama has not lived up to the "hype" so to speak yet people continue to defend him.
Are you a Democrat?

Old 02-21-2014, 09:12 AM

4,520 posts, read 4,207,602 times
Quote:
Let me give two examples of 2 of my friends. Friend A supports the woman's right to choose on abortion, supports gay rights, reduced gun control so they support Obama and I can respect that because at least they are voting based on their beliefs. Friend B, hates abortion, thinks homosexuality is being forced upon us, and has a license to carry and complained the other day about being forced to get insurance he thought was going to be free ( a lot of people I know actually thought they were going to free healthcare) yet continues to support Obama. When I asked why, he couldn't really give an answer. I even had some tell me the debt was going down...I had to ask "do you mean the deficit? Because that has gone down out debt certainly has not." I then had to explain to them the difference between debt and deficit.
Maybe he supports him because he's black.

Look, there are always gonna be people who support Obama based solely on race. It's why I initially voted for him (although I would have voted for Hillary if she had won the party's nomination). Our country has never had a black President and, while he may not have been the ideal choice, I don't think it's unrealistic that folks got excited about this opportunity. Black folks didn't have the luxury to shrug Obama off and wait until the next black candidate came around. Some folks wanted to see it happen during their lifetime and I think it's AWESOME that so many black people who lived during the Jim Crow era got to see it happen.

Old 02-21-2014, 09:17 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,707,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post

bush was also the mastermind behind the patriot act, which ended any idea of privacy or freedom in america.

white conservative males still back him to the day on that, so whos really drinking the koolaid? these white males have voted republican for life in many instances, and the ones in the rural areas are worse off then ever.
Bush, the mastermind???

Old 02-21-2014, 09:20 AM

1,743 posts, read 1,658,053 times
Seems like Obama has done such a great job for his race that he promised... NOT

Old 02-21-2014, 09:25 AM
PJA PJA started this thread

2,462 posts, read 3,174,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
Are you a Democrat?
I am not a republican or a democrat.

Old 02-21-2014, 09:27 AM

2,134 posts, read 3,041,670 times
The majority of us (regardless of race) have zero power beyond our vote.

So it doesn't matter what any black person thinks of Obama at this point because it's a done deal. The man is half-way thru his 2nd term and cannot run again.

Also, in case you don't recall Romney/Paul were the opposition and their appeal hasn't increased one bit since election day 2012.

This is nothing more than B.S demonization of black people because if every single black person in the U.S.A had voted for Obama and all of the other races voted for Romney...Romney would be president today! So stop blaming black people for Obama being president and try to remember WHO was running against him in BOTH elections.

Finally, what do you expect? Do you think that black people are going to call him a chimp and a sub-human mongrel like T. Nugent?

Please, no matter what it's a HUGE accomplishment for any black man to acheive what he has (even BEFORE he was president) in this racist society that is definitely hostile to black males. Why should black peoople be so quick to jump on the demonization bandwagon when there are certainly enough non-black people who are willing to continually spew negative and hateful opinions of black people on a daily basis?

Last edited by Jasper03; 02-21-2014 at 09:55 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Old 02-21-2014, 09:27 AM
PJA PJA started this thread

2,462 posts, read 3,174,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
Maybe he supports him because he's black.

Look, there are always gonna be people who support Obama based solely on race. It's why I initially voted for him (although I would have voted for Hillary if she had won the party's nomination). Our country has never had a black President and, while he may not have been the ideal choice, I don't think it's unrealistic that folks got excited about this opportunity. Black folks didn't have the luxury to shrug Obama off and wait until the next black candidate came around. Some folks wanted to see it happen during their lifetime and I think it's AWESOME that so many black people who lived during the Jim Crow era got to see it happen.

I told him that's why he supported Obama but he tried to deny it. I have had several admit that's the voted for him.
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies