Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2014, 10:21 PM

307 posts, read 404,067 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
You left out trying to pass laws making it illegal for consenting adults to have oral sex, laws to allow beating your kids, laws to allow even worse treatment of factory farm animals.
You know...the really vital stuff, while they're howling about the economy.
spaqnking is not beating.

Old 02-21-2014, 10:24 PM

8,391 posts, read 6,278,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nep321 View Post
They always complain that Democrats spend too much time and effort on social issues and that they should be working to fix the economy instead. However, all across the country, Republicans are spending a LOT of time and effort passing discrimination laws, bans on same sex marriage, restricting access to contraception, etc. What the hell?

And then you have states like Arizona, among others who want to allow businesses to discriminate against employers and customers based on who they are. This is obviously targeted at gay people. So let's assume that all businesses in Arizona decide to fire all gay employees and not hire any gay employees. Can you IMAGINE how high the unemployment rate would get? That means increased need for unemployment insurance and other forms of government assistance (things that Republicans hate). Furthermore, by allowing gay customers, businesses could make MORE money.

I mean, what or who are they trying to satisfy? The Bible? God?

I just don't get it.
conservatives hate millions of their fellow Americans. This much is clear to anyone who honestly looks at what conservatives are attempting to do.

They are attacking voting, they are limiting early voting, registering to vote, all kinds of voting limitations designed to get people not to vote.

They are anti-immigrant. They are anti-muslim, anti-homsexual, anti-birth control, anti-choice for women during pregnancy, anti- union, anti-poor people, anti-single moms, etc and so on.

Again anyone reading conservatives won't find ONE good word about any of those Americans, not one.

conservatives hate and they attempt to punish those American citizens they hate.

Old 02-21-2014, 10:26 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,920,135 times
Quote:

They always complain that Democrats spend too much time and effort on social issues and that they should be working to fix the economy instead. However, all across the country, Republicans are spending a LOT of time and effort passing discrimination laws, bans on same sex marriage, restricting access to contraception, etc. What the hell?

And then you have states like Arizona, among others who want to allow businesses to discriminate against employers and customers based on who they are. This is obviously targeted at gay people.
Judging the party overall by the performance of the nation's dumbest governor (Az) is not logical. She, thankfully, is simply incompetent, and not a microcosm of anything.

Their economy has underperformed the nations, and this moronic leader went to the grand opening of a call center adding 50 McJobs. DUH-when your governor views that as noteworthy, you are truly a 3rd world economy. I'm not a Haslam (Tn) fan, but he, and 28 other GOP governors, would never be as stupid as Brewer. No one should be. She needs topics like this law, to avoid discussing the states performance under her FAILED leadership.

Old 02-22-2014, 02:14 AM

24,484 posts, read 33,197,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
conservatives hate millions of their fellow Americans. This much is clear to anyone who honestly looks at what conservatives are attempting to do.

They are attacking voting, they are limiting early voting, registering to vote, all kinds of voting limitations designed to get people not to vote.

They are anti-immigrant. They are anti-muslim, anti-homsexual, anti-birth control, anti-choice for women during pregnancy, anti- union, anti-poor people, anti-single moms, etc and so on.

Again anyone reading conservatives won't find ONE good word about any of those Americans, not one.

conservatives hate and they attempt to punish those American citizens they hate.
Wow, most stereotypes posted in one thread (maybe ever)!

Old 02-22-2014, 02:45 AM

9,127 posts, read 7,922,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RIVERSMVP14 View Post
spaqnking is not beating.
Let me take a rod and whalop on you and you tell me when I've crossed from spanking into beating so I know the difference.

Old 02-22-2014, 03:01 AM

17,823 posts, read 23,384,420 times
Quote:

And then you have states like Arizona, among others who want to allow businesses to discriminate against employers and customers based on who they are. This is obviously targeted at gay people. So let's assume that all businesses in Arizona decide to fire all gay employees and not hire any gay employees. Can you IMAGINE how high the unemployment rate would get? That means increased need for unemployment insurance and other forms of government assistance (things that Republicans hate). Furthermore, by allowing gay customers, businesses could make MORE money.

I just don't get it.
Someone has to undo the unmitigated social disaster liberal freaks have created.

Old 02-22-2014, 03:29 AM

24,484 posts, read 33,197,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
Let me take a rod and whalop on you and you tell me when I've crossed from spanking into beating so I know the difference.
I think he means spanking meaning using a hand.

What you mentioned would be more like a whipping, which is not the same think. There certainly are some young people that should be spanked (Justin Bieber and Miley Cyrus, to name just two).

Old 02-22-2014, 03:42 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,170,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post

anti- immigrant? How so? I would say anyone who is for the so-called immigration reform bill is anti-legal immigrant. If passed all those who have applied to enter legally will be forced to wait even longer so that the cheats and criminals can be processed first.
Anti-birth control. Some conservatives may be against it, but not all. It is relatively inexpensive, the question is who should pay for it. I have seen no laws presented attempting to out law it.
Voting. We require ID for virtually all banking, filling a prescription, buying alcohol,applying for SS etc.
Read the liberal posts on here and you see a fair amount of hate as well.

Old 02-22-2014, 03:46 AM

30,421 posts, read 20,231,222 times
Quote:

I just don't get it.
Who's stupid? Are there any real issues you care about?

Old 02-22-2014, 03:49 AM

30,421 posts, read 20,231,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
Who does that? Do you have some proof? A link to a real story (not something made up)?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies