Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2014, 11:26 PM

5,513 posts, read 5,240,443 times

Advertisements

Liberals think that African Americans need special advantages (reverse discrimination) in hiring, and in getting into college--yet conservatives are the racists.

While most of us remember that Prohibition on alcohol failed and was repealed; and most of us understand that drug abuse is a medical problem that should be treated medically, Democrats continue the failed enforcement-based criminal punishment approach (because Big Government is all about power and control--and nothing about helping the citizenry). The "War on Drugs" has basically destroyed the Black family and Black communities by incarcerating huge portions of the African American population, and yet Democrat Presidents have consistently pushed the Drug War as enthusiastically as an Republicans: "Clinton continue waging the drug war as rigorously as his predecessor. He stepped it up in Latin America and began the crackdowns on California’s medical marijuana dispensaries..."

And now we have a HALF-African American President: you'd think Obama might be worried about hypocrisy, when he achieved fame in an autobiography where he admitted to often using illegal drugs. But no, he continues to escalate enforcement spending in the War on Drugs, despite the devastating effect on the people he claims to be one of (though in reality, Obama considers himself as having far more in common with caucasian Emperors than with Black Americans). Thanks to Obama's total lack of interest in making any reforms, "Black children are seven times more likely to have a parent in prison" (Articles: How Obama Has Failed the Black Community).

"Obama enjoys the distinction as being both the president with the most richly documented youth of exuberant illegal drug experimentation, and the most energetic drug warrior president in American history...He has ramped up the crackdowns on medical marijuana dispensaries by as much as a factor of eight over Bush. There are more Americans in prison for drugs than ever before. Tens of thousands of Mexicans have died in the border violence during Obama’s term, all so the U.S. government could continue to impose its drug policy on the continent." Social Liberalism and the Drug War | The Beacon

And under every known economic statistic, African-Americans have suffered greatly under Obama's policies. African-American homeownership rates have dropped to pre-1990 levels. Foreclosure rates in 2011 for African-Americans was 9.8%, versus 5.0% for whites. "From 2009 through 2011, black minimum wage workers swelled 16.6%, while whites had only 5.2% more minimum wage workers...(there) has been a disproportionate increase in the number of African-Americans who are in the unemployment line..." ("http://www.americanthinker.com/2012/07/how_obama_has_failed_the_black_community.html).

But 96% of Blacks support Obama, since he couldn't possibly be a Satan-Worshipping, evil-incarnate Demon "racist." Too bad he doesn't feel the same loyalty to them, that they give to him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2014, 11:33 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 22 days ago)

29,552 posts, read 16,539,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHartphotog View Post

So name the specific policies that have made African Americans worse off ?

Old 02-24-2014, 03:29 AM

947 posts, read 1,464,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreutz View Post
I care about this...why?

I was not aware this was so clearly stated in there. Perhaps you, the most learned Biblical scholar heretofore known to man could point out where it is so explicitly written? It would settle many arguments once and for all.

This is another fascinating development; can you enumerate on colonial era abortion statues and practices vs. their status in the late 19th century? Say, 1776 compared to 1876?
Why don't you actually read Roe v Wade. It details the legal history of abortion.

If a woman is in hard travail, one cuts up the offspring in her womb and brings it forth member by member, because her life comes before the life of her foetus. But if the greater part has proceeded forth, one may not set aside one person for the sake of saving another. This is part of Jewish law. Greater part means the woman is undergoing childbirth. If a pregnant woman is scheledued for execution they do not want for her to give birth to execute her under Jewish law as defined by the Talmud.

Jewish mourning rites are not performed on fetuses. The Talmud states the fetus is mere water until the 40th day.

In Israel abortion is legally allowed by way of the following reasons
1. if the woman is unmarried
2. age (if the woman is under the age of 17 - or over the age 40)
3. the pregnancy was conceived under illegal circumstances (rape, statutory rape, etc.) or an incestuous relationship
4. birth defects
5. risk of health/life of the mother

It should be noted that despite this legal attitude a huge number of illegal abortions take place in Israel. With over half of the abortions performed being illegal. In fact the abortion debate in Israel is for the state to pay for all abortions not just several circumstances such as rape, birth defects, life of the mother.

Old 02-24-2014, 03:43 AM

3,391 posts, read 4,481,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gretsky99 View Post
It's just unbelievable that black americans keeping voting for these evil leftwing radical democrats. Talk about selling the rope to hang your self with. And yet they call us conservatives racists. In the end I really wonder who the real racists are!

I'm sure the KKK must love these leftwing democrats----what a tragedy.

More Black Babies Die in Abortions in New York City Than Given Birth | LifeNews.com
Like you care about the fate black children. I'm betting if one of them showed up at your door asking for help, you'd shoot them in the head like that nut in Detroit.

Old 02-24-2014, 04:02 AM

1,143 posts, read 1,079,997 times
Quote:
Like you care about the fate black children. I'm betting if one of them showed up at your door asking for help, you'd shoot them in the head like that nut in Detroit.
I'm sure I care about them more than you do. BTW..for your info the wife and I are good friends with a single black mother. And we've helped her over the years with money and moral support. Though I'm sure you've done the same as well. Anyways keep up the good job of smearing people on the board. It seems what you and the left are really good at.

Last edited by gretsky99; 02-24-2014 at 05:30 AM..

Old 02-24-2014, 06:00 AM

14,483 posts, read 11,280,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Your guessing doesn't count for anything....how about backing up your hunch with some facts?
Oooh, I caught the ear of an angry pro-aborter.

Well, in New York, apparently Medicaid isn't enough.

In New York City, Medicaid Coverage of Abortion Doesn't Cut It

Quote:
I always find it odd when anti-choicers talk about preventing unwanted pregnancies and then in the same breath rail against programs that are designed to prevent unwanted pregnancies....and by default, abortions.
Anti-choicers? LOL!!!!!

I was talking about contraception, in any form.

Old 02-24-2014, 06:47 AM

15,700 posts, read 17,044,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
Oooh, I caught the ear of an angry pro-aborter.

Well, in New York, apparently Medicaid isn't enough.

In New York City, Medicaid Coverage of Abortion Doesn't Cut It

Anti-choicers? LOL!!!!!

I was talking about contraception, in any form.
Is that what you said?

Quote:

Btw, my money would be on the probability that they don't pay for these abortions.

Old 02-24-2014, 07:37 AM

14,483 posts, read 11,280,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Is that what you said?
I made two separate statements in that post.

Old 02-24-2014, 08:09 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,259,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West Coast Republican View Post
If given the opportunities and the the right social values, the black community would be self sufficient and more likely to vote Republican.
There is no logic to that statement. If it were true, republican (red) states would be more self-sufficient than the democrat (blue) states. Since more red states take more federal tax money than they pay in, it would seem that those self-sufficient blue states end up having to pay for those government-dependent red states.

Old 02-24-2014, 08:18 AM

15,700 posts, read 17,044,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
I made two separate statements in that post.
When a pro-lifer says how about preventing pregnancy, that usually means just don't have sex.

If you meant contraceptives you needed to say so, since most pro-lifers usually preach abstinence as the answer to the problem of unwanted pregnancy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies