Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2014, 09:43 AM

2,776 posts, read 3,594,597 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Are you saying you would like to see the children of irresponsible parents in this country begging in the streets for food like they do in third world countries?
Why can't they take care of their own kids? Why is the only alternative "give them welfare or see them begging in the streets"?

Quote:
BTW....why should my tax money go for police, courts and prisons, after all, isn't everyone capable of being good?

Apparently not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2014, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by d from birmingham View Post
Why don't you actually read Roe v Wade. It details the legal history of abortion.

If a woman is in hard travail, one cuts up the offspring in her womb and brings it forth member by member, because her life comes before the life of her foetus. But if the greater part has proceeded forth, one may not set aside one person for the sake of saving another. This is part of Jewish law. Greater part means the woman is undergoing childbirth. If a pregnant woman is scheledued for execution they do not want for her to give birth to execute her under Jewish law as defined by the Talmud.

Jewish mourning rites are not performed on fetuses. The Talmud states the fetus is mere water until the 40th day.

In Israel abortion is legally allowed by way of the following reasons
1. if the woman is unmarried
2. age (if the woman is under the age of 17 - or over the age 40)
3. the pregnancy was conceived under illegal circumstances (rape, statutory rape, etc.) or an incestuous relationship
4. birth defects
5. risk of health/life of the mother

It should be noted that despite this legal attitude a huge number of illegal abortions take place in Israel. With over half of the abortions performed being illegal. In fact the abortion debate in Israel is for the state to pay for all abortions not just several circumstances such as rape, birth defects, life of the mother.
Oh great Biblical scholar, in all your learned wisdom, did you fail to notice the Talmud is not a part of the Bible?

Old 02-24-2014, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
There is no logic to that statement. If it were true, republican (red) states would be more self-sufficient than the democrat (blue) states. Since more red states take more federal tax money than they pay in, it would seem that those self-sufficient blue states end up having to pay for those government-dependent red states.
Military bases skew this heavily.

Remove them and the ratio changes.

Old 02-24-2014, 09:50 AM

9,189 posts, read 7,597,926 times
C-D should really change this section of the forum to Politics, Other Controversies and Black People Topics created by Conservatives.

Old 02-24-2014, 10:53 AM

15,700 posts, read 17,041,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreutz View Post
Why can't they take care of their own kids? Why is the only alternative "give them welfare or see them begging in the streets"?

Apparently not.
Because people aren't perfect and they never will be.

And.....I don't like paying to raise other people's kids anymore than you do, that is one of the reasons I want people to have every option available to avoid having children they can't support on their own.

Old 02-24-2014, 10:54 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,255,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreutz View Post
Military bases skew this heavily.

Remove them and the ratio changes.
We'll have a chance to see. When the DOD cuts take place, it will have a large affect on bases and states with bases. But those states will see an increase in unemployment and food stamps, etc.

But the states that are noted as having the most bases like CA and TX are not in the top 10 of states taking the most federal dollars. Where are you getting your stats?

Old 02-24-2014, 11:07 AM

14,480 posts, read 11,278,588 times
Quote:
When a pro-lifer says how about preventing pregnancy, that usually means just don't have sex.

If you meant contraceptives you needed to say so, since most pro-lifers usually preach abstinence as the answer to the problem of unwanted pregnancy.
Maybe you who need to stop frothing at the mouth like a rabid dog at anyone who makes a point counter to yours. I had plenty of sex in my youth but never knocked anyone up.

For the record, in my career, I have gotten to know quite a few inner city black men and the few times I have been able to broach this subject with them (as they inform me of the multiple children and abortions they have been involved with), they have expressed that they don't give a f--k if they get someone pregnant. And from what I have gleaned from them, neither do the women.

Old 02-24-2014, 11:34 AM

15,700 posts, read 17,041,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
Maybe you who need to stop frothing at the mouth like a rabid dog at anyone who makes a point counter to yours. I had plenty of sex in my youth but never knocked anyone up.

For the record, in my career, I have gotten to know quite a few inner city black men and the few times I have been able to broach this subject with them (as they inform me of the multiple children and abortions they have been involved with), they have expressed that they don't give a f--k if they get someone pregnant. And from what I have gleaned from them, neither do the women.
And you aren't "frothing at the mouth"?

And, FYI, I have also heard black men bragging just as you have.....what does that have to do with abortion? Banning abortion certainly isn't going to change their attitude.

Old 02-24-2014, 11:41 AM

14,480 posts, read 11,278,588 times
Quote:
And you aren't "frothing at the mouth"?

And, FYI, I have also heard black men bragging just as you have.....what does that have to do with abortion? Banning abortion certainly isn't going to change their attitude.
Who the hell said anything about banning abortion?

Old 02-24-2014, 11:43 AM

1,295 posts, read 2,509,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gretsky99 View Post
It's just unbelievable that black americans keeping voting for these evil leftwing radical democrats. Talk about selling the rope to hang your self with. And yet they call us conservatives racists. In the end I really wonder who the real racists are!

I'm sure the KKK must love these leftwing democrats----what a tragedy.

More Black Babies Die in Abortions in New York City Than Given Birth | LifeNews.com
All of a sudden, right-wingers are concerned about Blacks?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies