Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2014, 12:41 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,730,981 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sargentodiaz View Post
The Gitmo detaainees live in conditions 1,000 times better than in the countries they come from and where they were captured in the first place.

Check out http://www.defense.gov/News/NewsArticle.aspx?ID=43686
You seriously believe that these people are better off in Guantanamo Bay then they were at home?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2014, 12:54 PM

1,782 posts, read 2,138,013 times

and

Old 02-22-2014, 01:04 PM

5,660 posts, read 5,085,312 times
Quote:
"Plaintiffs were subjected to various forms of religious and cultural abuse,"
IOW, they were forced to bathe and punished for flinging their feces about.

Old 02-22-2014, 01:54 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,730,981 times
Quote:

and
And?

Old 02-22-2014, 02:02 PM

13,307 posts, read 7,864,463 times
Quote:
The Gitmo detaainees live in conditions 1,000 times better than in the countries they come from and where they were captured in the first place.

Check out http://www.defense.gov/News/NewsArticle.aspx?ID=43686
Yeah!

The Astrodome was a step up for most of the Katrina victims.

Old 02-22-2014, 02:23 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,152,432 times
Quote:
Massive fail.

I did not ask about their living conditions......why would I? I was in Egypt, Turkey, Saudi Arabia and Iraq. I already know their living conditions, which really aren't that much different than Honduras or Panama -- more places I've been.....and I've seen places much worse than that, like Burkina Faso.

See if you can stay on topic without dodging and deflecting like the garden-variety Liberals that you're trying so hard to flatter through imitation.

Certain Morals are Absolute: Murder, Rape, Torture, Theft....those things are never okay, with 'never' meaning "at no time ever."

Attempting to justify Moral Absolutes on the basis that their living conditions are better is absurd and asinine. Perhaps you should be wrongfully incarcerated....your standard of living would improve immensely.

Let's try this again....which part of the "Convention against Torture and Other Cruel, Inhuman or Degrading Treatment or Punishment" do you not understand?

Laughing at the superior intellect...

Mircea

Old 02-22-2014, 02:34 PM

1,730 posts, read 1,361,669 times
Quote:
Agence France Presse, Feb. 21, 2014

Another “You Knew This Was Coming” article. And, will the Obama administration settle out of court by giving them millions – while they're back in Iraq, Afghanistan, or Syria doing their best to kill more non-Muslims?

Read more: Five Ex-Guantanamo Detainees Seeking Damages - Business Insider
Just another reason why our military needs to upgrade from 5.56 to a 6.8mm round.
50% more stopping power. Been there, done that.
Fat LBD's

Old 02-22-2014, 02:40 PM

1,730 posts, read 1,361,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
Massive fail.

I did not ask about their living conditions......why would I? I was in Egypt, Turkey, Saudi Arabia and Iraq. I already know their living conditions, which really aren't that much different than Honduras or Panama -- more places I've been.....and I've seen places much worse than that, like Burkina Faso.

See if you can stay on topic without dodging and deflecting like the garden-variety Liberals that you're trying so hard to flatter through imitation.

Certain Morals are Absolute: Murder, Rape, Torture, Theft....those things are never okay, with 'never' meaning "at no time ever."

Attempting to justify Moral Absolutes on the basis that their living conditions are better is absurd and asinine. Perhaps you should be wrongfully incarcerated....your standard of living would improve immensely.

Let's try this again....which part of the "Convention against Torture and Other Cruel, Inhuman or Degrading Treatment or Punishment" do you not understand?

Laughing at the superior intellect...

Mircea
Dude you're either stupid or lying.
These guys will hack your head off with a dull knife, and cnn would broadcast it as they always have with a sparkle in their eye.
Go buy a plane ticket and prove me wrong, or shut your pie hole

Old 02-22-2014, 03:58 PM

46,943 posts, read 25,964,420 times
Quote:
Another “You Knew This Was Coming” article.
Yep, we knew it was coming. We tried to tell the blockheads in the previous administration that Special Prison Camps for Special Types of Criminals was conduct unbecoming of a civilized nation and bound to lead to abuse. Would they listen? Of course not.

Old 02-22-2014, 05:15 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,191,594 times
Quote:
Agence France Presse, Feb. 21, 2014

Another “You Knew This Was Coming” article. And, will the Obama administration settle out of court by giving them millions – while they're back in Iraq, Afghanistan, or Syria doing their best to kill more non-Muslims?

Read more: Five Ex-Guantanamo Detainees Seeking Damages - Business Insider

should have given these ex-detainees the same treatment that AQ gives to prisoners.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies