Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-01-2014, 03:00 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,962,294 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by darstar View Post
" Pay Less" great store name, I think they sell shoes. Your problem is you do not know what you are talking about. Pay less than what ? Are you ready to admit every sign you see at WallMart is a "pay less" purchase ? This is an old bate and switch scam , people flock to "pay Less" even if they do not want or need what they just bought, cause it was "pay Less". " Blue Light Special" , there are many ways the ad people will work the buyer where ever you shop. WallMart has done a good job of converting a lot of people that it would be sinful to shop anywhere else. Thats every retailers dream , don't shop the price just buy it !
Nonsense. I compare Wal Mart prices on commodity items (the stuff P&G makes, Henkel makes (Dial, Purex), Mouthwashes, toothpastes, etc..the stuff where there are not store distinct skus, to other stores..such as Target,KMart, Kroger, Publix, and, in aggregate, the Wal Mart prices are far lower.

If short on time, I'll waste some money and buy some of these at one of the others, but it always costs me more per unit, and none of these products are made differently for any customer.

PS: Liberals can now cry. I realize this truth hurts you.

Old 03-01-2014, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
why do left-wingers think WalMart is bad for our nation?

"Some people regard private enterprise as a predatory tiger to be shot. Others look on it as a cow they can milk. Not enough people see it as a healthy horse, pulling a sturdy wagon. "

W.Churchill.

Old 03-01-2014, 03:12 PM

8,733 posts, read 15,933,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
I take it you are in favor of predatory pricing ?

Old 03-01-2014, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darstar View Post
I take it you are in favor of predatory pricing ?
I am in favor of everyday low pricing, and allowing retailers to battle freely for the purpose of getting the privilege of my business.

In the pre Wal Mart era, manufacturers obtained outrageously high margins with retailers, and consumers paid that price. That era, Thank the Free Market, is over. Now they must consistently improve or they will, like the Dinosaur, become extinct, and they would have EARNED that fate. Boo Hoo.

Old 03-01-2014, 03:32 PM

182 posts, read 195,116 times
- Americans prefer quantity over quality
So rather buy a $10 shirt that lasts 5 washes instead of purchasing a $20 shirt that lasts 20 washes

This allows Wal-Mart to focus on simply undercutting the competition. Eventually weeding out all competition. How is this made possible? By mistreating/under paying their employees

Old 03-01-2014, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryManback View Post
I can buy all my basic needs at 1 store for cheap. That means I have more money to spend or save. Thus, WalMart has increased my prosperity. Explain why this is bad.
They will never admit it, but liberals are simply proxies for the SEIU when it comes to Wal Mart. They want to extort dues from 1.5 million people, and they would not change the wage structure of retail, as it has always been low wages for low skill sets.

They would simply reduce the take home pay of 1.5 million Americans.

Old 03-01-2014, 03:33 PM

3,201 posts, read 4,408,008 times
"predatory pricing" wtf

people don't prefer low pricing? why would i need to pay double for the same item at the ritzy supermarket

mental illness is contagious i see

Old 03-01-2014, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharky8828 View Post
- Americans prefer quantity over quality
So rather buy a $10 shirt that lasts 5 washes instead of purchasing a $20 shirt that lasts 20 washes

This allows Wal-Mart to focus on simply undercutting the competition. Eventually weeding out all competition. How is this made possible? By mistreating/under paying their employees

LOL! Wal Mart's clothing department is not a big part of their business. Things like P&G products are a big chunk of WM. Nice try at spin, though., unless you can logically tell us why we should pay more for commodity products with the same exact SKUS being sold at many different retailers and grocers.

Old 03-01-2014, 03:38 PM

182 posts, read 195,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
LOL! Wal Mart's clothing department is not a big part of their business. Things like P&G products are a big chunk of WM. Nice try at spin, though., unless you can logically tell us why we should pay more for commodity products with the same exact SKUS being sold at many different retailers and grocers.
Then why did Wal-Mart fail in Germany? Almost everything in Wal-Mart is of lesser quality

Old 03-01-2014, 03:41 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,694,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharky8828 View Post
Then why did Wal-Mart fail in Germany? Almost everything in Wal-Mart is of lesser quality
DID Walmart fail in Germany? Maybe you can tell us why, if so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies