Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2014, 04:46 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,304,341 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
The bastard should have been killed.
Why? That's the problem with abortion. An innocent person is killed, and the killer goes free, sanctioned by law. How unjust and stupid is that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2014, 04:51 AM

9,127 posts, read 7,942,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
This is the gist of my problem with abortion. My right to anything stops where someone else's right to life begins. If the pregnancy is threatening my life, then I have the right to choose to survive but if I can carry to term and then get rid of the unwanted baby, the baby's right to life trumps my right to not have my body used as an incubator. Think about the consequences. For me the consequences are going through a pregnancy and giving birth and going through the recovery. I get out of this by aborting. The baby however loses its life. There is no contest here. In the tug of war between my convenience and someone else's life, the baby wins.
This makes so little sense.

"I can carry to term and then get rid of the unwanted baby, the baby's right to life trumps my right to not have my body used as an incubator"

What do you mean "get rid of"? Kill? Put up for adoption? Leave on a door step?

Old 02-23-2014, 04:55 AM

52,688 posts, read 47,951,424 times
There's a huuuuuuuge difference between killing an innocent unborn baby for selfish reasons and executing a guilty person who committed a serious crime. Big difference.

Old 02-23-2014, 04:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Why? That's the problem with abortion. An innocent person is killed, and the killer goes free, sanctioned by law. How unjust and stupid is that?
Women have been terminating thier pregnacies even before there was on law on the book...even before there was "a book".

That is fact, one you may not like, but a fact none the less. Women have almost always had a right to choose until recently. Those are the facts of our world.

Old 02-23-2014, 04:58 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,886,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Killing Democrats before they are born is, fortunately, still legal. Do it.

Old 02-23-2014, 05:02 AM

25,386 posts, read 35,537,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
This makes so little sense.

"I can carry to term and then get rid of the unwanted baby, the baby's right to life trumps my right to not have my body used as an incubator"

What do you mean "get rid of"? Kill? Put up for adoption? Leave on a door step?
I never said kill. In my state, a mother can just leave her baby at the hospital and walk away. The baby will be put into foster care and then up for adoption. No loss of life required.

Old 02-23-2014, 05:05 AM

25,386 posts, read 35,537,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
Women have been terminating thier pregnacies even before there was on law on the book...even before there was "a book".

That is fact, one you may not like, but a fact none the less. Women have almost always had a right to choose until recently. Those are the facts of our world.
That doesn't make it right and we're no longer barbarians. Our ancestors also kept slaves. We've had slavery throughout history. That we did it in the past doesn't make that right either. Believe it or not, we do not have to do what our ancestor's did.

Old 02-23-2014, 05:07 AM

Quote:
I never said kill. In my state, a mother can just leave her baby at the hospital and walk away. The baby will be put into foster care and then up for adoption. No loss of life required.
So all you want is the state to force a woman to term..OK Just wanted to be clear.

Old 02-23-2014, 05:12 AM

Quote:
That doesn't make it right and we're no longer barbarians. Our ancestors also kept slaves. We've had slavery throughout history. That we did it in the past doesn't make that right either. Believe it or not, we do not have to do what our ancestor's did.
Slavery is against a person's free will. Roe v Wade was a affirmation of a woman's free will. A free will she has had for eons.

Old 02-23-2014, 07:20 AM

1,138 posts, read 1,042,037 times
LMAO! Not even the same thing.

A baby is innocent and has not commited any crimes. A person who has committed crimes, particularly really bad ones like mass murder or rape or pedophilia, is deserving of death. The Bible does support The Death Penalty for certain crimes.

You know what the real hypocrisy here is? The liberals who are against the death penalty but totally okay with killing babies. Many of them are also Vegan, putting animals above babies. Many of them don't even believe in God. Talk about backwards thinking, it's like it's coming from another planet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies