Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2014, 07:48 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,892,870 times

Advertisements

NFL Expected to Penalize Players for Using Racial Slurs During Games | BCNN1 – Black Christian News Network

This is a bit ridiculous. I am betting the first three penalized are black.

Hate it when I screw up the title
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2014, 07:54 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,664,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
NFL Expected to Penalize Players for Using Racial Slurs During Games | BCNN1 – Black Christian News Network

"Hate it when I screw up the title"

Yeah Right! Evil.......Pure Evil............Not taking the bait, troller.

Last edited by mohawkx; 02-22-2014 at 08:32 PM..

Old 02-22-2014, 08:00 PM

4,088 posts, read 4,388,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post

Hopefully, the "Redskin" slur you find so amusing won't be a team name much longer.

Old 02-22-2014, 08:07 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Redskin, Redskin, Redskin! (Many Cherokee had blonde & red hair, with blue and green eyes... according to the Spanish)
Mezkin, Mezkin, Mezkin! (A nationality, not a race)

A bunch of feel good guilt, buy those not even in either of those categories.

Old 02-22-2014, 08:15 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,009,955 times
Well I read about this earlier. It seems according to a USA Today article I read 66% of NFL players are black. Now folks who are black say it's not a slur so will they only penalize white or non black players who use the term? I mean if a guys says hey that was a helluva throw n.... will that get a penalty? Will folks get penalties for calling red headed players gingers, for white guys crackers, for hispanic players.......well I won't go there or will be called a bigot. LOL

Insanity reigns in the USofA. It really does. Leave sports alone. Most will deal with it in their own way if they think somebody is really making a slur. You go jack em up. Teamates will get in on it too. That is it. Now the refs have to do it? Can you throw a challenge flag? Will mikes have to be in all helmets to hear it "if" and "when" it comes up? Just pure insanity. Destruction of pro football seems to be the play because liberals love soccer as it is the euro way to go.............sit back and watch folks kick a ball around and never score. What excitement. Go to Europe.

Old 02-22-2014, 08:31 PM

32,065 posts, read 15,067,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurbie View Post
Hopefully, the "Redskin" slur you find so amusing won't be a team name much longer.

As long as Dan Snyder is the owner, the name will never change. And he'll probably own the team until he dies.

Old 02-22-2014, 09:59 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,906,907 times
Quote:
Uh; please take it up with the Indian Rez's that name THEIR teams "Redskins" while you're mad over a football team with that name.

Old 02-22-2014, 10:03 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,906,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Redskin, Redskin, Redskin! (Many Cherokee had blonde & red hair, with blue and green eyes... according to the Spanish)
Mezkin, Mezkin, Mezkin! (A nationality, not a race)

A bunch of feel good guilt, buy those not even in either of those categories.
Agreed and the REAL "red skins" are us pasty white people after being in the sun. American Indians: ours here in Arizona are more "brown" in color than any sort of "red". Too; I met a lady who said she was full blood Cherokee, I thought she was an anglo white person with some kind of Asian like either Chinese or Japanese in her family.

Old 02-22-2014, 10:25 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Agreed and the REAL "red skins" are us pasty white people after being in the sun. American Indians: ours here in Arizona are more "brown" in color than any sort of "red". Too; I met a lady who said she was full blood Cherokee, I thought she was an anglo white person with some kind of Asian like either Chinese or Japanese in her family.

Christopher Columbus did not discover the new world.
There is evidence that the Welch and Nordic, were here in 1200 A.D.
They have found evidence that the copper from the bronze age, was mined in what is now Michigan.

Old 02-22-2014, 10:27 PM

307 posts, read 405,489 times
Quote:
its not a slur I'm sick and tired of pc paranoia.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies