Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2007, 02:32 PM

6,993 posts, read 17,361,056 times

Advertisements

you guys are looking at this ALL wrong. America by all standards is the greatest country on the planet earth, hell in history. Right, wrong, good, bad, act of war, act of terrorism; it's what WE (The U.S.A.) say it is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2007, 02:34 PM

2,970 posts, read 2,257,870 times
Hey, maybe that guy walking to Washington from Boston to speak to Nan Pelosi will find some of that hard to come by evidence to help with the impeachment effort!

Old 12-03-2007, 02:36 PM

11,135 posts, read 14,188,984 times
Ok, we are all getting a bit off topic here, including myself so...

And the topic is... US says it has right to kidnap British citizens

Old 12-03-2007, 04:56 PM

3,162 posts, read 11,434,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TnHilltopper View Post
I consider Bush a terrorist too but there just isn't enough evidence yet to convict him. double eek
imho there is, but there is too much bureaucracy, pc, he still has too much power, not only because of his position as the president, but because of his family, and there is not much support to impeach him either.

Old 12-03-2007, 05:08 PM

1,394 posts, read 2,770,255 times
Quote:
Yes, the "extradition" of Noriega was very subtle. We invaded Panama and took a nations leader against his will. You may want to read the OP's posted article snippet again to see where it noted what is considered kidnapping and under what circumstances.
The Israelis have been kidnapping people from around 1945 until today. I heard the other day they are going after another one before he dies. Do you think they are wrong ?

[Mod edited]

Last edited by TnHilltopper; 12-03-2007 at 09:28 PM.. Reason: language

Old 12-03-2007, 05:14 PM

1,394 posts, read 2,770,255 times
Quote:
I sure hope those foaming at the mouth liberals or even some decent moral conservatives do come up with some hard evidence as for me the truth is more important than party loyalty.

Nothing would give me greater pleasure than to see Bush tried in a court of law and found guilty and punished accordingly. It would help restore many peoples faith in the Republican party and go along way in restoring mine.
And what would try him for ? Even you own Speaker of th House knows there is to try him on.

Before you say anything I'm not a Bush supporter...

Old 12-03-2007, 06:08 PM

11,135 posts, read 14,188,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texanborn View Post
The Israelis have been kidnapping people from around 1945 until today. I heard the other day they are going after another one before he dies. Do you think they are wrong ?
Well Israel sanctioned the assassination of quite a few Nazi's, and terrorist and it is my understanding it is the only nation that publicly sanctions and endorses assassinations. In any case, that is Israel and Israel is free to do as they wish and they will bear the consequences or reap the rewards for their actions. As I have stated previously, that as shown in the piece posted by the OP, the US condones kidnapping of known terrorist, it never mentioned the kidnapping of people from allied nations. In either case my concern is primarily for the United States, not for Israel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by texanborn View Post
And what would try him for ? Even you own Speaker of th House knows there is to try him on.

Before you say anything I'm not a Bush supporter...
As to Nancy Pelosi being my speaker of the House, I think she is OUR speaker of the house, that is if you are still an American citizen. For your information, I am no liberal and I am not even a Democrat. I used to be a Republican before the party contracted a parasitic infection known as neoconservatism. At which point, I got my self inoculated and have never felt better.

Last edited by TnHilltopper; 12-03-2007 at 09:29 PM..

Old 12-03-2007, 08:39 PM

2,433 posts, read 6,676,379 times
Kidnapping a terrorist or war criminal is one thing. But if the article the OP linked is accurate, the US government is saying they have the right to kidnap common criminals. The ones in the article are wanted for common business fraud.

This is not a practice we should be advocating. Remember, what we do other nations will follow. If we kidnap a citizen off of the streets of London then what's to prevent police from London from grabbing a common business criminal off the streets of Washington?

Old 12-04-2007, 10:18 AM

3,589 posts, read 4,146,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirvana-Guy View Post
You don't have to kidnap British citizens. You just have them extradited to the US.

The Times of London is more of a PROPAGANDA TOOL, than a newspaper. It is like the NY Times.

So don't rely on such report very much. It is probably bull. I personally would much rather readthe National Enquirer for info than the Times of London or the NYT.
And the Times is a conservative newspaper! Want heartburn, try The Independent or especially The Guardian!

Old 08-11-2008, 04:06 AM

3 posts, read 3,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nativeDallasite View Post
The UK has a pretty solid reputation for doing just that, and for dragging its feet when it comes to extraditing criminals and deporting known terrorists.

I don't think Americans in trench coats will be snatching poor, unsuspecting British citizens off the streets of the United Kingdom. That's ridiculous. I think we only said that to light a fire under the slow-moving and recalcitrant British.
Then The American kidnappers doing the kidnapping on british soil should be met at the Airport by members of the 22nd SAS and then lets see who gets some respect.
It should be made very clear to the American goverment that any kidnapping of British citizens from British soil will be deemed as an act of aggression and or treaties and help of any nature should stop.
British forces should be recalled from afganistan and iraq or intellegence to the U.S goverment should cease.
And if said U.S agents are caught acting ilegally on UK soil they will be jailed or subject to deadly force via the British security services.
Its digusting how Dare they breach British soverignty.
Bush pisses off the last American friend in the world .
What a nob head.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies