Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2014, 08:28 PM

26,212 posts, read 19,509,699 times

Advertisements

Now wingnuts are praising Alec Baldwin. Wingnuts also believe in science when some scientist being paid by Exxon comes out and disputes climate change.

It would be hilarious if it were not so sad, and so indicative of the decline in intellect across this country. The Dumbing Down of America is mainstream, and something that someone like Rachel Maddow pushes back against. Smart people listen to a smart woman like her, while more Americans will tune in to Sean Hannity because more Americans are muppets.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2014, 08:31 PM

13,714 posts, read 31,159,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
Alec Baldwin has a BFA that took him 18 years to earn, a messy personal life, and an ego the size of the QE2, and no education or work experience in the public or political sector.

Rachel Maddow has a degree in Public Policy from Stanford, was a Rhodes Scholarship recipient, and a Doctor of Philosophy (DPhil) in politics at Oxford University.

Gee, yes, lets listen to Baldwin's political opinions cause that makes total sense.
You're right Baldwin is an ass.

But Maddow has clearly wasted a fine education.

Old 02-24-2014, 08:38 PM

26,212 posts, read 19,509,699 times
Quote:
How can one be expected to have intelligent discourse with people who are unwilling to educate themselves?
Easy, those people watch FOX News, the flagship channel for the low information conservative.

Intelligent discourse is not an option with that crowd, they want red meat.

Old 02-24-2014, 08:38 PM

544 posts, read 610,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Baldwin has very little credibility as he is lashing out because his ego got hurt but Maddow being a fraud is well established.

Rachel Maddow revealed to earn $7m a year

Rachel Maddow revealed to earn $7m a year edging out Megyn Kelly at $6m - and Matt Lauer rakes in $25m | Mail Online

But what does the help get paid? Absolutely nothing.

Unpaid Interns Are Suing MSNBC and SNL

Unpaid Interns Are Suing MSNBC and SNL

Why is MSNBC forcing people to go on welfare and food stamps to work there? (is this not a familiar refrain from those like Maddow?)

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=2921868128032

Well yes she does. Maddow has more money than every single unpaid intern at MSNBC. And " we are struggling"? Who is she talking about? Not herself. Those who get her coffee for her in the morning? Yes, they are struggling but why isn't she demanding that MSNBC take a portion of her $7 million and give it to these interns?

Yes, Maddow is a fraud.
I think this needs to be posted as it's own new Post instead of just a reply to this one. It's worth having it's own post. Please do so

Old 02-24-2014, 08:54 PM

1,507 posts, read 1,974,030 times
Maddow I not a phony, I would need to see proof that she is doing what Shaun Hannity does, pander to the base for a pay check. SH was quoted as saying to Keith Olbermann its only TV. RM has a dog in the fight of gay marriage and equal treatment. I think she genuinely believes in what she says. I agree with her on some issues such as Abortion, gay rights and others but disagree on guns, immigration reform and other issues. I personally don't think she is funny, and I think her lead in by going back in history on a piece to the beginning of time is laborious and tiresome. I find her debunktion junction and drink porting of the show juvenile. I don't think she is dumb but I don't think she is the edgy crack reporter she tries to portray either. I think she intimidates many here who do not like Gay women who are intelligent and make their points. I don't hater her, but I do disagree with her on many issues. I think the voting ID laws are great. If you have to have a photo ID to drive why not to vote? Her anti energy everything is getting old also. I am sure she would cry the loudest is oil was stopped from being used. Pierce Morgan was an idiot first class. He was nothing more than a Shaun Hannity loaded question idiot for the left.

Old 02-24-2014, 09:39 PM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smithy77 View Post
You can't compare the two. Limbaugh is an entertainer who says whatever comes into his little head. Maddow is a journalist who gets her story right. Of course she's slanted----she's a liberal, and a good advocate for her cause----arguably the best. Limbaugh is a lousy representative for the conservative movement. If I were a conservative, I'd be embarrassed by his bigotry and his constant lying.
Those who advocate for higher wages but dont pau the help at all are not good advocates. Just another do as I say not as I do 1%er.

Old 02-25-2014, 12:56 AM

742 posts, read 678,284 times
She had some good points for a while. Well... until her employers got to her.

Old 02-25-2014, 04:28 AM

26,469 posts, read 15,053,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smithy77 View Post
You can't compare the two. Limbaugh is an entertainer who says whatever comes into his little head. Maddow is a journalist who gets her story right. Of course she's slanted----she's a liberal, and a good advocate for her cause----arguably the best. Limbaugh is a lousy representative for the conservative movement. If I were a conservative, I'd be embarrassed by his bigotry and his constant lying.
Rachel Maddow is not a journalist. Her job is not to get a story right. Her job is to promote and reaffirm liberal views regardless of accuracy.

Rachel Maddow blatantly lies and/or shows no ability to research a story before she airs it.

The fact that some people think that Rachel Maddow and Rush Limbaugh are journalists is a sign that our public schools are failing us, as people can't even think critically.

Another good distortion of Maddow was when she claimed Scott Walker was actually inheriting a surplus. That Walker stirred up false numbers to make a budget crisis out of thin air...her entire spiel used BS numbers. Walker's numbers were correct per politifact. She used these lies to promote a liberal version that the public unions were being attacked under false pretenses and there were enough budget surpluses to cover all of these expenses and etc...As per usual, Maddow wasn't reporting news...she was reaffirming liberal beliefs and in the process ginning up hatred towards Scott Walker with straight up lies, since she couldn't tackle him with reality. Rachel Maddow says Wisconsin is on track to have a budget surplus this year | PolitiFact Wisconsin

After Rachel Maddow aired false statements on Wisconsin's budget to drag Governor Walker's (R) name through the mud and rile up anger against him with her lies. Politifact called her out for her lies, Maddow actually defended herself, by editing out her darnning comments so you don't hear the lie...and then she claimed that politifact was responding to something different. Too bad for her that politifact has her whole original segment on video and called her out for her distortion to cover up her first distortion:Responding to Rachel Maddow | PolitiFact Wisconsin

Maddow must know that her viewers can't think critically to lie about a lie that she said when it is on tape and PolitiFact has her dead to rights on it.

She also claimed that a GOP congressman had advanced notice of the Oklahoma City bombing, but did nothing. Of course she did not give her source and when called out for it, said that her comments were an "editing error" -- great journalism...And if Maddow would have just finally learned how to use Google to find things, she would have seen that the FBI evidence has the fax that was sent to the GOP congressman about the OKC bombings as time stamped 50 minutes AFTER it happened and it was "promptly" sent in to the FBI, per the FBI. Rachel Maddow at Most Shameless: Claims GOP Congressman 'Received Advance Notice' of Oklahoma City Bombing | NewsBusters

Her source ended up being a liberal blogger prone to conspiracies like 9-11 trutherism as her segment matched the blog post almost word for word and couldn't be found anywhere else.

Rachel Maddow is such a great journalist she falls for satirical websites and reports them as facts: Rachel Maddow Falls for Satirical Website's Plea for Palin to Encourage Egypt Invasion | NewsBusters

Hey Maddow find some Onion articles that bash Republicans to report on you lightweight!

She tells half truths like when she criticized Rick Scott (R) as dastardly for paying temporary part time campaigners in gift cards in 2010...ignore that Obama (D) and Hillary (D) did the same thing in 2008 and once again in 2012 for Obama. Obama did it to a larger extent. The omission that virtually ALL large campaigns are doing this including beloved Democrats like Obama is a distortion of reality that leaves the viewers clueless to reality. Rick Scott pays campaign workers with gift cards, not cash, MSNBC's Rachel Maddow claims | PolitiFact Florida

She had a segment in 2012 about how Romney could lose the nomination as delegates flip their votes - she pointed out a single rule out of context in the GOP convention rules of order and ignored the facts that several rules specifically trump the one that she said. It took me less than 10 minutes to google the GOP rules and find out she was full of cow dung. And of course her propaganda segment was proven wrong as those delegates were locked in per the blatant rules of the GOP convention. She either couldn't have a staffer look at the GOP rules for 10 minutes and should be fired or she was just trying to minimize Mitt as a candidate that can't lock up his own party - which is creating news, not reporting it. No significant difference between her and Limbaugh.

Etc....

Old 02-25-2014, 07:27 AM

17,400 posts, read 11,967,439 times
Quote:
Alec Baldwin has a BFA that took him 18 years to earn, a messy personal life, and an ego the size of the QE2, and no education or work experience in the public or political sector.

Rachel Maddow has a degree in Public Policy from Stanford, was a Rhodes Scholarship recipient, and a Doctor of Philosophy (DPhil) in politics at Oxford University.

Gee, yes, lets listen to Baldwin's political opinions cause that makes total sense.
Maddow's good at passing tests and writing papers. That doesn't mean she has any critical thinking skills. All of those degrees just tell me that she is comfortable in her little university bubble, and was uncomfortable being in the "real" world.

Both of them are people that have managed to convince someone to pay them a salary for their talents. No harm in that. But to make the leap that either of them are smarter than average, or have something to contribute to the political discussion, is crazy. They're both partisan hacks that haven't lived in the real world for a very long time.

Old 02-25-2014, 10:34 AM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyHarley View Post
I think this needs to be posted as it's own new Post instead of just a reply to this one. It's worth having it's own post. Please do so
We will note that nobody attempted to defend her hypocrisy here. Small victories.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies