Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2013, 01:01 PM

26,580 posts, read 14,458,253 times

Advertisements

i found this interesting. in the past few days the birthers have been getting excited over some "new" evidence, an "actual" kenyan birth certificate for obama and a 1991 harvard law revue bio listing him as "born in kenya":

Obama's Real Birth Certificate Surfaces | Obama Birthplace Controversy

problem is that both these items are VERY OLD news.

the birth certificate is from convicted forger lucas smith in 2009 and was easily debunked by both anti-birthers and birthers ( namely WND ). among lucas' many mistakes is that he got the administrator wrong and misspelled his name..... in the signature!

Orly files yet another Kenyan Birth Certificate in Barnett case (Update 4) | Obama Conspiracy TheoriesObama Conspiracy Theories

the "harvard law revue" bio isn't from harvard but was from obama's literary agent's publisher's promotional brochure ( mariam goderich has claimed responsibility for the error ).

'Born in Kenya': Obama's Literary Agent Misidentified His Birthplace in 1991 - ABC News

what i find so interesting is that both these images are well known to anyone that has followed birtherism ( birther and anti-birther alike ) and yet....... they've been slightly repackaged and many birthers are accepting it as fresh information?

i think this is an excellent example of the degree of cognitive dissonance needed to embrace birtherism.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2013, 01:46 PM

8,396 posts, read 9,446,996 times
Birthers...

I recall a Mark Twin quote:

"No amount of evidence will ever convince an idiot."

Old 12-09-2013, 01:51 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,452,394 times
And no amount of facts and truth, can convict an idiot of truth and facts.

Unless any one of us were there to wintess this birth, it is all heresay, unless we witnessed the birth of Obama in person

It goes down only one way, he knows the truth of where he was born. And all the kids who went to High School with him remember what he said about where he was born.

Old 12-09-2013, 02:00 PM

15,096 posts, read 8,641,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skoro View Post
Birthers...

I recall a Mark Twin quote:

"No amount of evidence will ever convince an idiot."

Mark Twain also said "politicians are like diapers ... they need to be changed often, and for the same reasons".

But to be clear ... only idiots are convinced by fabricated "evidence" ... and only fools dismiss legitimate questions with juvenile terms like "birffer" and "birtherism".

Old 12-09-2013, 02:03 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,384,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
And no amount of facts and truth, can convict an idiot of truth and facts.

Unless any one of us were there to wintess this birth, it is all heresay, unless we witnessed the birth of Obama in person

It goes down only one way, he knows the truth of where he was born. And all the kids who went to High School with him remember what he said about where he was born.
Yes i am sure that somewhere crazies have found someone who claims that he/she knew him in high school.

Hey did you know, *I* knew him too! I was 9, and was visiting Honolulu (I lived on Maui), and met him when one of my sisters was visiting a mutual friend. He said he had been born in the Soviet Union! Can you imagine that? *

*not a fact, but just as likely to be true as what you are saying.

PS-True fact, I did live on Maui as a kid.

Old 12-09-2013, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Unless any one of us were there to wintess this birth, it is all heresay,....
since the HI department has repeatedly confirmed the specifics of obama's birth ( "full faith and credit clause" of the US constitution ) and that is confirmed with the 1961 birth index and contemporaneous newspaper announcements it is, by definition, not heresay.

Quote:
And all the kids who went to High School with him remember what he said about where he was born.
all the kids?

are you talking about the recent claims of mia marie pope who didn't go to school with obama and whose accusations contradict multiple statements from people who did?

Miss October: Mia Marie Pope | Obama Conspiracy TheoriesObama Conspiracy Theories

Old 12-09-2013, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Yes i am sure that somewhere crazies have found someone who claims that he/she knew him in high school.
yep.

Miss October: Mia Marie Pope | Obama Conspiracy TheoriesObama Conspiracy Theories

then there is an entire book of recollections from people who actually did attend school with obama ( and contradict birther claims ).

Our Friend Barry: Classmates' Recollections of Barack Obama and Punahou School: Constance F Ramos: 9780557018154: Amazon.com: Books

Old 12-09-2013, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
... and only fools dismiss legitimate questions......
exactly what "legitimate question(s)" do you have?

Old 12-09-2013, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Unless any one of us were there to wintess this birth, it is all heresay,.....
following that logic i could also conclude that pearl harbor, 9/11 and the continent of australia are also "heresay".

Old 12-09-2013, 02:49 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,330,579 times
Obama's Real Birth Certificate Surfaces | Obama Birthplace Controversy

Usually reading a links other headlines gives you an idea to its validity, this link seems to be one of those tongue in cheek satire sites.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies