Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2014, 07:47 PM

22,634 posts, read 14,895,322 times

Advertisements

It has been vetoed.

Good.

Old 02-27-2014, 12:55 AM

13,562 posts, read 10,306,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old School Reactionary View Post
Nope. It's the agenda being forced on people. Could care less. Want to watch a game,not debate ssm or social issues. Tired of seeing it everywhere. Thanks to your ilk,we can never be left alone.
So stop homophobia and the issue will go away. Simple.

Old 02-27-2014, 11:51 AM

77,772 posts, read 104,378,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West Coast Republican View Post
They think that the bill will allow businesses to refuse gay people on every service based on an owner citing religious reasons. Of course this is not true at all because every case would have to through a court and be reviewed , but thanks to the liberal media and gay activst propaganda, many people are very misinformed.

This is why most people should not be talking about politics. They don't think for themselves or do their own research. Most people just let people on TV or elsewhere tell them how to feel and think. Hell I bet that most people here didn't even read the bill.

The bill is simply protecting the Religious Rights of business owners. As seen in the case of the Oregon Bakery and how the gay mafia destroyed them, bills like this are completely necessary and should be made mandatory in every state. Religious Rights are protected the Constitution too.
Too many people do not understand what some bills are aimed at achieving. They just see the part they want to see. Though I can not imagine turning someone down based on my personal religious views or personal views period, I don't think anyone should tell me I have to do business with someone.

Old 02-27-2014, 11:53 AM

77,772 posts, read 104,378,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
Putting aside the ludicrousness of promoting the religious freedom of business to discriminate against a class of people, this will be bad for business in AZ. There will be organizations and groups who will choose to take their money elsewhere. Look at what happened when AZ said no to Martin Luther King, Jr. Holiday - the NFL pulled Tempe's Superbowl hosting and put in in Pasadena.
Class of people; what is a class of people? Are you actually calling gays, maybe blacks, hispanics, Muslims, whatever a class of people? I have heard them called many things, but never a class.

Old 02-27-2014, 11:58 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,792,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Too many people do not understand what some bills are aimed at achieving. They just see the part they want to see. Though I can not imagine turning someone down based on my personal religious views or personal views period, I don't think anyone should tell me I have to do business with someone.
But that's exactly what a business license does. When you apply for a business license, you are agreeing to operate that business according to the stipulations the state places on the license. And besides the federal rules against discrimination, just about every state has rules against a business owner discriminating.

Old 02-27-2014, 12:00 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,792,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Class of people; what is a class of people? Are you actually calling gays, maybe blacks, hispanics, Muslims, whatever a class of people? I have heard them called many things, but never a class.
From a legal standpoint, any group of people with a common characteristic are a class. That's what class-action suits are all about. A common characteristic that is distinct enough to identify a class of people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies