Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2014, 10:05 PM

1,730 posts, read 1,362,103 times

Advertisements

I laugh my ass off how libs spew hate at somebody that joins a union to support their family, and 5 seconds later hugs a lazy mofo that won't get up off the couch that lives off welfare.
WTH?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2014, 11:48 PM

510 posts, read 430,659 times
Do any unions donate their coerced DUES money to Republicans?

If not, why should a Republican join an organization where part of his paycheck will be sent to support politicans he doesn't agree with?

Old 02-26-2014, 04:18 AM

30,353 posts, read 51,937,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
When you want a certain job....and you have NO CHOICE but to join a Union, what then?????
Um, find another job? That's what most Republicans would say, right?

In reality, though, membership to the union isn't technically required - even for us local government workers. I have the right to waive membership, they just subtly "urge" you not to do so. I usually take the passive-aggressive route, by deciding to be a "non-voting member." Basically that means I pay lower dues, and get the same basic benefits, but forfeit my ability to vote in our elections. I don't think my current job had that option, but in the past that is what I've chosen to do.

Old 02-26-2014, 04:20 AM

30,353 posts, read 51,937,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoD Guy View Post
I laugh my ass off how libs spew hate at somebody that joins a union to support their family, and 5 seconds later hugs a lazy mofo that won't get up off the couch that lives off welfare.
WTH?
What "libs" are doing that? I thought the liberals were supposed to love unions? Sheesh, I can't keep all the broad and conflicting generalizations straight anymore... pretty soon you'll have to start sending us behavioral handbooks, LOL.

Old 02-26-2014, 04:44 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,470,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FabianS View Post

If not, why should a Republican join an organization where part of his paycheck will be sent to support politicans he doesn't agree with?
They join because they want the wages and benefits that the union negotiated for their members but they don`t want to pay the union dues. Republican entitlement mentality.

Old 02-26-2014, 08:32 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,518,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FabianS View Post

Common sense says don't send money to politicians who threaten your livelihood. Common sense also says don't vote for those same people, but Republicans are not known for common sense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies