Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2014, 05:44 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,165,825 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
weltschmerz, what you're referring to are Romanian citizens. Romania has yet joined the Schengen Agreement. Bulgarians aren't even Europeans.
Bulgarians are Europeans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
Is that why France is throwing out gypsies?
They deserve it.

Quote:
Liberal? hahahah

It's actually the libertarian anarcho-capitalists who're pushing for free movement of labor across international lines.
So this is a troll thread.....you intentionally misled the title.

Quote:
Mircea, you have no idea of what you're talking about. I'm not in the mood to quote every last thing you said.
What a cop-out. You got hammered and lost.

Your unconditional surrender is accepted.

Quote:
First off, I don't think you know what a felony is.
I've arrested more felons than you ever will.

Quote:
Civics 101 teaches you that a felony is an offense that subjects you to imprisonment for a year or more. The language you posted shows that it's no more than 6 months of imprisonment. In other words, crossing the border illegally is a misdemeanor .
It's a felony for the 2nd Offense.

And, you're so wrong it's not even funny.

It's a misdemeanor only so long as you do nothing but walk around the US.

The minute an illegal alien applies for a job, they have just misrepresented themselves as an American Citizen, which is a felony.

Quote:
A free market requires regulation alright. I don't want to see you whine whenever congress pushes to regulate Wall Street's risky instruments.
Why would I whine?

I don't give a damn about Wall Streetâ„¢.

Stocks are not necessary. Stocks are merely one of several dozen ways of investing. A stock market is neither a requirement of an economy, nor a requirement for a successful economy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post

The fatal flaw is misunderstanding what a Free Market truly is.

In a Free Market, consumers engage in voluntary transactions.

All parties to a transaction must be willing participants.

Mircea
Quote:
US and Canadian citizens are subject to passport inspection upon entering either country. The Schengen zone doesn't require any type of inspection within the 26 member countries.
Quote:
It's an open policy between the participating countries.

[emphasis mine]

You lose.

Quod Erat Demonstrandum...

Mircea
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2014, 05:52 PM

6,940 posts, read 9,678,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
Bulgarians are Europeans.

They deserve it.

So this is a troll thread.....you intentionally misled the title.

What a cop-out. You got hammered and lost.

Your unconditional surrender is accepted.

I've arrested more felons than you ever will.

It's a felony for the 2nd Offense.

And, you're so wrong it's not even funny.

It's a misdemeanor only so long as you do nothing but walk around the US.

The minute an illegal alien applies for a job, they have just misrepresented themselves as an American Citizen, which is a felony.

Why would I whine?

I don't give a damn about Wall Streetâ„¢.

Stocks are not necessary. Stocks are merely one of several dozen ways of investing. A stock market is neither a requirement of an economy, nor a requirement for a successful economy.

[emphasis mine]

You lose.

Quod Erat Demonstrandum...

Mircea
Thanks for not disproving any of my posts. lol

Old 02-26-2014, 06:11 PM

62,945 posts, read 29,134,396 times
Quote:
Thanks for not disproving any of my posts. lol
You've been disproven over and over again by several posters not to mention clubbed, beaten and humiliated. Why don't you just admit defeat and bow out gracefully?

Old 02-26-2014, 06:20 PM

6,940 posts, read 9,678,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
You've been disproven over and over again by several posters not to mention clubbed, beaten and humiliated. Why don't you just admit defeat and bow out gracefully?
What did I say that was wrong?

The Schengen Agreement is an open borders initiative? Fact: It is.

Free movement of labor is a free market principle? Fact: It is.

Old 02-26-2014, 07:34 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,901,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
France was deporting nearly 100 Gypsies, or Roma, to their native Romania on Thursday as part of a very public effort by conservative President Nicolas Sarkozy to dismantle Roma camps and sweep them out of the country.

Read more: France sends 93 Gypsies back to Romania - Washington Times

France and Romania......both EU countries, yes or no?
Romania's NOT a Schengen country tho. France has the RIGHT to kick illegal aliens OUT.

Old 02-26-2014, 07:40 PM

30,065 posts, read 18,663,011 times
Quote:
Is the free movement of labor a free market principle? Why shouldn't a business man hire an illegal if he chooses to? What business is it of the government to regulate the hiring process of a private business?

1. national sovereignty: when one ceases to control the borders of a nation, citizens ceases to control the nation.

2. we do not live in a "free market": we have minimum wage supports and a government welfare state. If there was no minimum wage, I would have no problem with the illegals competing with all of the democrats for $2 wages. Further, I would not want to support 30 million new dependents, who would soak up all the entitlements they could get.

3. An illegal is not subject to the same labor costs as a citizen: we have FICA and potentially health insurance costs which add to the cost of labor for citizens. If US citizens would agree to give up healthcare, social security and medicare benefits and be on equal footing with illegals, I would be all for it.

4. The government is not "regulating" the hiring of private business- they are simply attempting to determine who should be in the nation legally. Such a business could choose to go to Mexico (or anywhere for that matter) and hire all of the mexican citizens they want.

Old 02-26-2014, 08:13 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,118,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
1. national sovereignty: when one ceases to control the borders of a nation, citizens ceases to control the nation.
LOLZ. I guess America has never had national sovereignty then.... or maybe you think illegal immigration is a modern phenomenon.

Quote:
2. we do not live in a "free market": we have minimum wage supports and a government welfare state. If there was no minimum wage, I would have no problem with the illegals competing with all of the democrats for $2 wages. Further, I would not want to support 30 million new dependents, who would soak up all the entitlements they could get.
What about illegals competing with all the republicans for $2 wages?

But I guess you want us to look like China or the more industrial parts of SE Asia and Africa.

[quote]3. An illegal is not subject to the same labor costs as a citizen: we have FICA and potentially health insurance costs which add to the cost of labor for citizens. If US citizens would agree to give up healthcare, social security and medicare benefits and be on equal footing with illegals, I would be all for it.

Quote:
4. The government is not "regulating" the hiring of private business- they are simply attempting to determine who should be in the nation legally. Such a business could choose to go to Mexico (or anywhere for that matter) and hire all of the mexican citizens they want.
They do often go to Mexico or somewhere else for all those reasons. It's one reason why wages have not kept up with profits.

In conclusion, "capitalism" has been failing the US for many decades now.

Old 02-26-2014, 09:17 PM

22,661 posts, read 24,594,911 times
I'm pretty right wing on a lot of stuff, pretty lefty on other things.

At this point, I now longer care. Let them all in, 3rd - 9th worlders can come in and finish-off the USAtard, FINE!

Old 02-26-2014, 10:17 PM

5,355 posts, read 5,132,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogersParkGuy View Post
An even better question would be, why are businesses allowed to locate wherever they like to turn the biggest profit, and investors allowed to invest wherever they like to realize the greatest returns, while workers aren't allowed to travel wherever they like to get the best job?

The "free market" is a myth. Always has been, always will be.
This right here is the fundamental question.

We could very easily state that people can come here to the US as citizens, on the premise that they shall get no welfare.

Old 02-26-2014, 10:41 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,196,989 times
Quote:
Is the free movement of labor a free market principle? Why shouldn't a business man hire an illegal if he chooses to? What business is it of the government to regulate the hiring process of a private business?

illegal aliens? you do understand that illegal aliens implies someone that has broken the law and is a criminal alien. if they are here legally, then you would be correct, but illegally just means that came across the border as a criminal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies