Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2014, 02:50 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,397,659 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant;

Both groups are already involved in educating black children. The NOI actually has done patrols in some of the worst projects and communities. They preach about crime and violence, out of wedlock births, black men being FATHERS, the importance of education. They are anti gay marriage.....in fact.....one could confuse parts of their mantra with conservatism. Maybe that is the Whack Job part you are talking about.

The bottom line is that groups like this are FEARED for the truth they expose.....and that is the main reason that society keeps them ostracized.

They are fringe for a reason. A % of a % of the population. And it's because "society" is smarter than they are, and recognizes them as being shysters.

They are the black people version of the KKK. They espouse the exact same racial superiority and race-determinism theories that white racists do, only they substitute "black" for "white."They espouse racial hatred, religious bigotry and ignorance, and thankfully, are marginalized even by most black folks as the group of clowns that they are. They are frankly, black nationalist fascists... the Aryan nation with a tan.

All you need to know about how smart they are is that they are is in rejection of Christianity as a "slaver" religion in favor of a DIFFERENT slaver religion!

I am sorry if you have placed inordinate amount of reverence and faith in such shady characters that swim in the bottom cess pool of society, but nobody is ever UPLIFTED by adopting bigoted ideology or separatism. NOBODY.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2014, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
LOL at the idea. I am not an NOI fan, I think they are a racist group in many ways and are devoid in many instances of critical thought (I am black too BTW). But in regards to this:

I can tell you don't know much about Farrakhan and NOI, his organization as this is actually what the NOI preaches. They do have their own schools, they teach black people in their ranks to be successful business people and they focus on having strong family ties.

Thought I am not an NOI fan, I do feel, as Indentured Servant stated, that they are one group who actually does, walk the walk so to speak in regards to being "for the people." They are very much focused on education, economics, and strong families.

Contrary to what many of you may believe, not all black people wanted or rallied for integration. I also don't think that integration was all that beneficial to black people and many blacks during the Civil Rights Era just wanted equalized funding in regards to education and for state sanctioned racism to end. The NOI was the organization that Malcolm X was a part of when he converted in prison. If you saw the movie (as most of you probably don't know much about him) the teachings of Elijah Mohammed are about educating oneself, being devoted parents, and economic sustainability without the need of white people including property ownership. They get nutty to me in regards to their racist POVs on white people and pseudo islam, as their religion is not really Islam. But on the whole they are the organization that uplifts black people the most and who COINTELPRO did not destroy.

Oddly enough there is an extensive FBI and COINTELPRO file on Elijah Mohammed that you can read on the internet. It is fascinating to me. There is also some info on the founder of the NOI Wallace D. Fard Mohammed - his is even more interesting in that he is thought to have been a white man! He looks white on pictures. Their history and the other black nationalist groups are interesting.

Oh yeah? And white nationals very much do the same for their "own" communities. They encourage stronger families, support for other white people and the white community.

They STILL don't get lauded for it, and don't DESERVE to be lauded for it. Because they are bad, racist people, at their core. One CAN encourage "uplift" without a) tearing someone ELSE down, or b) being a separatist A-hole.

Sad, leftover 60s radicals.

Old 02-25-2014, 02:56 PM

3,027 posts, read 2,519,772 times
dealing with all these bigots since president Obama has been elected, i'm starting to think I want us to have our own country. maybe take over Alabama and Mississippi. lol. but seriously, how did this become a thread. Farrakhan is a black nationalist and anti-Semite. if you think he speaks for most of us, you really don't know black people.

Old 02-25-2014, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Californian34 View Post
dealing with all these bigots since president Obama has been elected, i'm starting to think I want us to have our own country. maybe take over Alabama and Mississippi. lol. but seriously, how did this become a thread. Farrakhan is a black nationalist and anti-Semite. if you think he speaks for most of us, you really don't know black people.

Actually, a tenant of black nationalism (well, those unsatisfied with Liberia, I suppose) was/is to create a "southeastern US black country".... again, complete nutjobbery.

Anyone of any race can find a million reasons to espouse a racial nationalist agenda, or why or how they feel threatened/marginalized/oppressed..... but it's a dead end pursued by radicalized dummies, and should never be given credence.

Old 02-25-2014, 03:05 PM

5,341 posts, read 6,520,819 times
Barry Soroto A.K.A Barack Hussein Obama received glowing endorsements from people like Louis Farrakhan, Muramar
Kaddafi and Hugo Chavez, So It just might happen

Together were watching the demise of a free democratic society. we need to
seek the truth and take action for it will keep us FREE. Our biggest enemy
is not China, Russia, North Korea or Iran. Our biggest enemy is our
complacent selves. The government will not help, and has proven to be the instigator.

Old 02-25-2014, 03:09 PM

8,732 posts, read 6,780,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
LOL at the idea. I am not an NOI fan, I think they are a racist group in many ways and are devoid in many instances of critical thought (I am black too BTW). But in regards to this:

I can tell you don't know much about Farrakhan and NOI, his organization as this is actually what the NOI preaches. They do have their own schools, they teach black people in their ranks to be successful business people and they focus on having strong family ties.

Thought I am not an NOI fan, I do feel, as Indentured Servant stated, that they are one group who actually does, walk the walk so to speak in regards to being "for the people." They are very much focused on education, economics, and strong families.

Contrary to what many of you may believe, not all black people wanted or rallied for integration. I also don't think that integration was all that beneficial to black people and many blacks during the Civil Rights Era just wanted equalized funding in regards to education and for state sanctioned racism to end. The NOI was the organization that Malcolm X was a part of when he converted in prison. If you saw the movie (as most of you probably don't know much about him) the teachings of Elijah Mohammed are about educating oneself, being devoted parents, and economic sustainability without the need of white people including property ownership. They get nutty to me in regards to their racist POVs on white people and pseudo islam, as their religion is not really Islam. But on the whole they are the organization that uplifts black people the most and who COINTELPRO did not destroy.

Oddly enough there is an extensive FBI and COINTELPRO file on Elijah Mohammed that you can read on the internet. It is fascinating to me. There is also some info on the founder of the NOI Wallace D. Fard Mohammed - his is even more interesting in that he is thought to have been a white man! He looks white on pictures. Their history and the other black nationalist groups are interesting.
You forget to mention that the NOI preaches hate for gays, white people and especially Jews.

Quote:
Since its founding in 1930, the Nation of Islam (NOI) has grown into one of the wealthiest and best-known organizations in black America, offering numerous programs and events designed to uplift African Americans. Nonetheless, its bizarre theology of innate black superiority over whites — a belief system vehemently and consistently rejected by mainstream Muslims — and the deeply racist, anti-Semitic and anti-gay rhetoric of its leaders, including top minister Louis Farrakhan, have earned the NOI a prominent position in the ranks of organized hate.
Nation of Islam | Southern Poverty Law Center

Old 02-25-2014, 03:12 PM

52,698 posts, read 34,542,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
No one takes Louis seriously.
he was voted BET's person of the year in 2005. and obama's church gave him their lifetime achievement award. reverend jerry at obama's church said he 'truly epitomized greatness'

Old 02-25-2014, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
You forget to mention that the NOI preaches hate for gays, white people and especially Jews.

Bbbbut, they UPLIFT black people!!

Old 02-25-2014, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaten_Drinker View Post
As long has it only deals with black on black issues, I have no problem. The minute they commit a crime against whites, it goes to the real courts with an all white jury.
why should it be that way?

Old 02-25-2014, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
I'd agree but not all Black people buy into Mr Farrakhan's idea of Jim Crow. Some Black dudes and ladies are def Ok with living and marrying white people AND do take care of business.
what is with you and wanting us to marry and date whites? why do we have to marry and breed with whites to be descent human beings?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies