Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2014, 03:20 PM

3,027 posts, read 2,519,128 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
What's racist is you insisting they be treated differently then everyone else. Like the poster said. "Separate but equal". It is a real problem in the black community. They do everything they possibly can to separate themselves from the rest of society, but then cry that they are treated differently at times. They bring it on themselves.
what type of things do "they" do to separate themselves from society?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2014, 03:27 PM

3,027 posts, read 2,519,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Actually, a tenant of black nationalism (well, those unsatisfied with Liberia, I suppose) was/is to create a "southeastern US black country".... again, complete nutjobbery.

Anyone of any race can find a million reasons to espouse a racial nationalist agenda, or why or how they feel threatened/marginalized/oppressed..... but it's a dead end pursued by radicalized dummies, and should never be given credence.
it is very doable if enough black people with financial resources get behind the idea. blacks already are the majority in many metropolitan areas in this region and also make up many of the elected officials. I think at the end of the day we still value our individuality too much to go along with this idea. plus many of us do not want to live in Alabama or Mississippi. I can hardly stand living in Virginia in the summertime.

Old 02-25-2014, 03:35 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,393,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Californian34 View Post
it is very doable if enough black people with financial resources get behind the idea.

Honestly? Do black nationalists really believe they're going to try to do what confederates failed to do 150 years ago? In the exact same area? And win?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Californian34
blacks already are the majority in many metropolitan areas in this region and also make up many of the elected officials.

You need more than the metropolitan areas to survive and build a nation. You need control of the countryside. Or else your metropolitan area starves and/or is cut off from resources. And country ass white folks still control all that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Californian34
I think at the end of the day we still value our individuality too much to go along with this idea. plus many of us do not want to live in Alabama or Mississippi. I can hardly stand living in Virginia in the summertime.

As should be, no American should go along with the idea of balkanizing the nation.

I think those who often call for such things forget how much their prosperity is actually owed to being PART of the United States. For example, so much of the black middle class growth was through employment in US public sector jobs...a fact that was laid bare during the recession with massive cuts in public sector jobs hitting blacks particularly hard.

Old 02-25-2014, 04:10 PM

11,758 posts, read 14,646,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
Controversial minister Louis Farrakhan offered up a controversial idea yesterday at the Nation of Islam's annual convention in Detroit:
You can call him controversial, most people would call him a nonentity whose time has come and long since passed.

Old 02-25-2014, 04:14 PM

13,806 posts, read 9,701,993 times
Quote:
They are fringe for a reason. A % of a % of the population. And it's because "society" is smarter than they are, and recognizes them as being shysters.

They are the black people version of the KKK. They espouse the exact same racial superiority and race-determinism theories that white racists do, only they substitute "black" for "white."They espouse racial hatred, religious bigotry and ignorance, and thankfully, are marginalized even by most black folks as the group of clowns that they are. They are frankly, black nationalist fascists... the Aryan nation with a tan. I like hedging my bets. If this integration slit don't ultimately work out.....then I like knowing that there is a group that is prepared for the alternative.....given the history of this country.

All you need to know about how smart they are is that they are is in rejection of Christianity as a "slaver" religion in favor of a DIFFERENT slaver religion!

I am sorry if you have placed inordinate amount of reverence and faith in such shady characters that swim in the bottom cess pool of society, but nobody is ever UPLIFTED by adopting bigoted ideology or separatism. NOBODY.
If they are the black version of the KKK....them show me their history of white lynchings! Show me any history where they assaulted whites period! Furthermore, was it not Newton who said that every action creates an equal and opposite reaction? In other words...if you push an object that it pushes back. In America, I am comforted by their existence. if SHTF, they are the only group prepared to survive in such a world. Same with the Rastafarians.

I know of few, if any, people or groups that I agree 100% of what they do or say.........the one thing that NOI does, better than any other group, is tell the truth about white folks.....which is really what ticks most white folks off.

Quote:
I am sorry if you have placed inordinate amount of reverence and faith in such shady characters that swim in the bottom cess pool of society, but nobody is ever UPLIFTED by adopting bigoted ideology or separatism. NOBODY.
Well.....I know how not to throw the baby out with the bathwater. Besides......I was born and raised in a racist America.....hence....I am use to cess pool......Hell...white folks would not have spent so much time being bigoted and separatist if such, as you say, never lifted anyone up. That is how America was lifted up......bigotry, thievery and slavery.

Last edited by Indentured Servant; 02-25-2014 at 04:30 PM..

Old 02-25-2014, 04:47 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,595,629 times
Quote:

They are the black people version of the KKK.

The NOI does not snatch white people from their homes and hang them on the nearest tree nor do they burn crosses in yards.

Old 02-25-2014, 06:07 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,897,524 times
Quote:
dealing with all these bigots since president Obama has been elected, i'm starting to think I want us to have our own country. maybe take over Alabama and Mississippi. lol. but seriously, how did this become a thread. Farrakhan is a black nationalist and anti-Semite. if you think he speaks for most of us, you really don't know black people.
Liberia would be better for you than Ala or Miss IMHO. At least Liberia still has Jim Crow laws that DON'T allow white people to be citizens. LOL!

Old 02-25-2014, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
You forget to mention that the NOI preaches hate for gays, white people and especially Jews.

Nation of Islam | Southern Poverty Law Center
Mr Farrakhan needs to kill himself if he truly hates white people, he's part "white" and part "Jew" too.

Old 02-25-2014, 06:11 PM

Quote:
what is with you and wanting us to marry and date whites? why do we have to marry and breed with whites to be descent human beings?
My idea? Tell THAT to Black people who do marry OUT!

I prefer my "own kind" but; that's me. I DON'T have a problem with even a blonde hair blue eyed lady marrying a pitch black colored African dude if he treats her right and she treats him right.

Old 02-25-2014, 06:15 PM

8,732 posts, read 6,779,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
The NOI does not snatch white people from their homes and hang them on the nearest tree nor do they burn crosses in yards.
It's 2014, not 1956, OK??

The underlying beliefs and sentiments of NOI and the KKK are the same. PURE HATRED. One is no better than the other.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies