Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2014, 06:50 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,671,534 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
Just like Rome!
Yep.

It's very noticeable and quite sickening.

Old 02-25-2014, 06:51 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Yeah, but it doesn't bother me.

Old 02-25-2014, 07:22 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,214,810 times
It's because it highlights out divisions. Being gay is totally accepted and not an issue (seriously) in some places, but then something like Arizona happens and people will not put up with it because it seems so ridiculous.

When something is so volatile it's going to be talked about.

Old 02-25-2014, 10:13 PM

493 posts, read 783,336 times
it must stink to be a very small minority (guays make up 1 to 3% of population) that isnt able to control the media or buy government power.

then again, despite what michael jackson or any white rappers may claim, you dont get to "choose" what race or racial minority you are, but people can and do choose to go guay and then go back straight, its not a genetic thing. take it from a guy who dated plenty of girls after they switched teams and came back, it happens alot.

Old 02-25-2014, 10:18 PM

544 posts, read 610,424 times
This might interest you OP //www.city-data.com/forum/polit...superbowl.html

Old 02-25-2014, 11:15 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,774,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by totsuka View Post
Yup..by design...every show on tv always has a mention about gays..every movie....rarely if at all anything negative...just to make Americans think the gay lifestyle is totally acceptable...and don't you dare say or think otherwise...
Every movie? Funny. I just watched several movies and not a single gay reference was made.

Old 02-26-2014, 12:42 AM

6,414 posts, read 10,492,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CousinMaynard View Post
it must stink to be a very small minority (guays make up 1 to 3% of population) that isnt able to control the media or buy government power.

then again, despite what michael jackson or any white rappers may claim, you dont get to "choose" what race or racial minority you are, but people can and do choose to go guay and then go back straight, its not a genetic thing. take it from a guy who dated plenty of girls after they switched teams and came back, it happens alot.
Why don't you just switch for a while and come back to us on how easy it was. No one would choose to be gay and anyone that thinks so is already either bi or in denial. Which are you?

Old 02-26-2014, 12:58 AM

37,135 posts, read 42,214,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CousinMaynard View Post

Hmmmm....

Old 02-26-2014, 01:05 AM

11,181 posts, read 10,532,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZcardinal402 View Post
...but does anyone else feel like there's a TON of pro-gay stuff around right now? Again...don't get me wrong...I very much support gay marriage, gay adoption, and laws banning workplace discrimination based on sexual orientation. But in the last few months I feel like every single news article I encounter is about someone coming out, or some story about gay rights.

It's a great that a large number of people seem to be accepting of all orientations...that's a great step in the right direction for our country. But I could care less about article after article after article about it.
I don't understand, what exactly is your complaint - that too many people agree with you? Why does that make you feel uncomfortable?
Just IMO, you seem to be one of those folks who takes pleasure being on the minority side of an issue but feels uneasy when your belief becomes mainstream.

Old 02-26-2014, 01:19 AM

38,642 posts, read 26,378,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurbie View Post
LOL at "the gay lifestyle"...

Is there something obviously "negative" about gay people that you think is getting insufficient coverage? Please, fill us in!

Butt sex.

It's disgusting.

In the interest of fairness, I believe anytime someone says "gay", a lighthearted and positive description of homosexuality, they should just as often say "men who prefer the unnatural sex offered by another man's hairy *** **** to the natural experience of sex with a woman's vagina" (yeah, I know heterosexuals have anal sex too and it's just as unnatural and disgusting).

Sure, it doesn't roll off the tongue (no pun intended) as easily as "gay", but it certainly is more accurate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies